Author Topic: 2.5 wins  (Read 17554 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 wins
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
I can't give a total, too many combinations.

But I want 1 minimum this week. And 2 next week.

Then I can be satisfied (mostly) with 3.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »
If we make it to the XII finals, I think only 1 win the NCAAs would be a disappointment.

But you are probably right. 2 wins and I'm sad, 3 wins and I'm content.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
God I rough ridin' hate KU Fans.

Anything less than 5 wins from this date going forward is  :goodbyecruelworld:

Anything more than 5 wins is  :kstatriot:

9 Wins would be  :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
I would be happy with 3 more wins total

No you won't

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 08:23:22 AM »
Doing something in the Big 12 tournament would be nice, winning it would be great.

But at this point I just want to make the 2nd weekend of the tournament.Getting to the Sweet 16 is a mark of quality programs. From there you never know, match-ups, etc. make things crazy, but 2 years in a row in the 2nd weekend would be a significant step IMHO.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »
Yeah you're right KSU didn't have to deal with any suspensions or players (at one point they were starters) leaving the team.  It's valid when it happens to KU but those facts are lost on them when it happens to KSU. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »
Doing something in the Big 12 tournament would be nice, winning it would be great.

But at this point I just want to make the 2nd weekend of the tournament.Getting to the Sweet 16 is a mark of quality programs. From there you never know, match-ups, etc. make things crazy, but 2 years in a row in the 2nd weekend would be a significant step IMHO.

yeah

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 10:23:10 AM »
I can't give a total, too many combinations.

But I want 1 minimum this week. And 2 next week.

Then I can be satisfied (mostly) with 3.
This is my minimum too. And there is no other combination. If we win the confy tournament, but don't make the S16, I'll still be a little disappointed on the inside. S16 is mandatory and so is beating CU/ISU.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline lmfergu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »

It takes 4-6 weeks to recover from surgery on a torn meniscus. If that really was what was wrong with TRob, he is a dumbass for coming back so soon, and Bill Self is an bad person who is jeopardizing the poor kid's (a kid with a 7-year old sister and no parents) potential NBA career. I don't think he really tore his meniscus, fwiw.
[/quote]

FWIW I was an athletic trainer and a torn meniscus doesn't usually take 4-6 weeks to recover from.  They go in arthroscopically, clean it up and many athletes are back in 2 weeks......about the time TRob took to come back

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »

It takes 4-6 weeks to recover from surgery on a torn meniscus. If that really was what was wrong with TRob, he is a dumbass for coming back so soon, and Bill Self is an bad person who is jeopardizing the poor kid's (a kid with a 7-year old sister and no parents) potential NBA career. I don't think he really tore his meniscus, fwiw.

FWIW I was an athletic trainer and a torn meniscus doesn't usually take 4-6 weeks to recover from.  They go in arthroscopically, clean it up and many athletes are back in 2 weeks......about the time TRob took to come back
[/quote]

I got this guys.

squawk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »
Any combo of 3 wins and I'm feeling pretty good.  2 is not so great.  Feeling kinda crappy.  So, yes, I agree on the 2.5.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »
Any combo of 3 wins and I'm feeling pretty good.  2 is not so great.  Feeling kinda crappy.  So, yes, I agree on the 2.5.

3 Wins is weak.

3 Wins either means we beat CU & KU and get bumped by a worse team in the NCAA's in Round 2

or

We beat CU & lose to KU AGAIN, but get to Sweet 16 before losing (acceptable, but seriously, I don't want to lose to those fucks any more)

or

We lose to CU and make another run to the Elite 8

Of the three scenarios above, the ONLY one that I'd accept right now if you gave me a choice would be the run to the Elite 8

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »
Any combo of 3 wins and I'm feeling pretty good.  2 is not so great.  Feeling kinda crappy.  So, yes, I agree on the 2.5.

3 Wins is weak.

3 Wins either means we beat CU & KU and get bumped by a worse team in the NCAA's in Round 2

or

We beat CU & lose to KU AGAIN, but get to Sweet 16 before losing (acceptable, but seriously, I don't want to lose to those fucks any more)

or

Of the three scenarios above, the ONLY one that I'd accept right now if you gave me a choice would be the run to the Elite 8

Yes, or win the Big 12 tourny.  I'm aware of the 4 possible scenarios that 3 wins equates to......dumbass  :rolleyes:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »
Not gonna lie, a run to the E8 would be pretty dope.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »

That one and the winning the B12 one would actually put me well ahead of where I am now.  That's why it's 2.5 and not 3.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:46 PM »
So... Is everyone in on the whole losing to Colorado thing then? I would like an E8 run too.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »
So... Is everyone in on the whole losing to Colorado thing then? I would like an E8 run too.

Eff those effing effs.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

That one and the winning the B12 one would actually put me well ahead of where I am now.  That's why it's 2.5 and not 3.
It's just not that simple for me. Winning 2 and 1 would be nice and all if one of the first 2 is KU, but I don't think I'd be overall satisfied without reaching one of the major goals (Big 12 tourney champs/S16). 3 wins could be great (E8) or leave me feeling empty (2 and 1).

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
Any combo of 3 wins and I'm feeling pretty good.  2 is not so great.  Feeling kinda crappy.  So, yes, I agree on the 2.5.

3 Wins is weak.

or

We beat CU & lose to KU AGAIN, but get to Sweet 16 before losing (acceptable, but seriously, I don't want to lose to those effs any more)

or

Yes, or win the Big 12 tourny.  I'm aware of the 4 possible scenarios that 3 wins equates to......dumbass  :rolleyes:

eff you man, I was merely pointing out that 3 wins is a chicken crap 'expectation' from this point. It is BFD. All scenarios are weak.

Saying 3 Wins is fine is like saying "Jim Wooldridge is an OK coach, I mean, it isn't embarrassing, but we aren't exactly going anywhere special with him either."

eff that. We've been there, done that as a fan base. 3 Wins is fine, but to say that you are 'fine' with 3 wins is chicken crap IMO

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »
 :dubious:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
eff you man, I was merely pointing out that 3 wins is a chicken crap 'expectation' from this point. It is BFD.

playing to seed would be two wins.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »
eff you man, I was merely pointing out that 3 wins is a chicken cac 'expectation' from this point. It is BFD.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but 'playing to seed' doesn't sound all that fun, considering that aside from St. Johns & maybe North Carolina, there is no other team in the country on a greater run than KSU over the last 3-4 weeks.

And in my definition 'playing to seed' is just what I said...BFD. Do what you are supposed to do, and no more. Forgive me for setting my expectations/hopes higher

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »
eff you man, I was merely pointing out that 3 wins is a chicken cac 'expectation' from this point. It is BFD.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but 'playing to seed' doesn't sound all that fun, considering that aside from St. Johns & maybe North Carolina, there is no other team in the country on a greater run than KSU over the last 3-4 weeks.

And in my definition 'playing to seed' is just what I said...BFD. Do what you are supposed to do, and no more. Forgive me for setting my expectations/hopes higher

i'm not sure that there is a reason to be as mad as you seem to be.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
I dunno. He has a point. What if we were all that mad? Angriest fan base in America needs a little flame.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
anything less than 9 and I will rough ridin' lose it.