Author Topic: 2.5 wins  (Read 17553 times)

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 wins
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »
I dunno. He has a point. What if we were all that mad? Angriest fan base in America needs a little flame.

The thing is, I'm not that mad...I'm just VERY surprised that the expectations are so low on this board. Everybody has their chest puffed out in other threads & other boards, but in here it's like timidness rules. It makes no sense to me. I understand trying to keep expectations lower so you aren't  :goodbyecruelworld: when you don't meet them, good lord, I'm a lifelong Royals, Wildcat & Saints fan, so until last year, I've had my heart ripped out every season.

It did kind of piss me off to be called a dumbass for explaining why I think that 3 wins is weak and why I do have higher expectations too, but whatever.

It's all good...I'll be @ the Sprint Center tomorrow night  :emawkid: on the 'Cats...hopefully I'll be in the street afterward trying to buy tickets for Saturday too  :ksu:

Offline B_O_B

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
anything less than 9 and I will effing lose it.

Whoa, whoa preseason polls project us to win 7 from here. Agree on 8 at least? :dunno:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »
I'm still not over last year's failure :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
The thing is, I'm not that mad...I'm just VERY surprised that the expectations are so low on this board. Everybody has their chest puffed out in other threads & other boards, but in here it's like timidness rules. It makes no sense to me.

we are much more knowledgeable about hoops on this board.  it's not even debated by the other boards at this point.  has nothing to do with keeping expectations down, it has everything to do with actually having intelligent conversations about basketball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »
The thing is, I'm not that mad...I'm just VERY surprised that the expectations are so low on this board. Everybody has their chest puffed out in other threads & other boards, but in here it's like timidness rules. It makes no sense to me.

we are much more knowledgeable about hoops on this board.  it's not even debated by the other boards at this point.  has nothing to do with keeping expectations down, it has everything to do with actually having intelligent conversations about basketball.

Yeah, he lost me when he compared thinking Wooly was okay to expecting us to play to our seed this weekend (4th beating 5th and losing to 1st) and making the Sweet 16 (as a likely 4/5 seed).

I'm good with high expectations, but we can win 3 more games and still be a very good basketball team.  1 win this weekend and 2 next week with 2 losses would mean we lost two games to Top 5 teams in the country to end the season.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »
but in here it's like timidness rules

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:47 AM »

we are much more knowledgeable about hoops on this board.  it's not even debated by the other boards at this point.  has nothing to do with keeping expectations down, it has everything to do with actually having intelligent conversations about basketball.

This,

Go ahead and keep emawing your powerespect butt off though dude.  :cheers:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2011, 03:10:44 PM »
3 wins is more like a push.  pretty meh at best and frankly i think it would be rather disapointing.   the only reason to think otherwise is if you are putting it in the context of the whole season, then i could sorta buy into this.  but with how we are playing now its hard to do that.

summary: 4 wins or bust

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
glad we didn't blow one of our wins in the 66   :woot:  :ksu:
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
 :emawkid:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »
Quote from: SYS
2.5 wins

Would Take
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »
 :users:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
I can't be mad at these guys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »

yeah, turns out i was way off.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »

yeah, turns out i was way off.

I think pullen's 38 and absolute dominance of taylor factored alot into it.  If we would have got smoked by 20 I would have been really upset.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best