Author Topic: Looks like . . .  (Read 24857 times)

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like . . .
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »
For the record, Iowa State has now had a working practice facility for over 6 months... and the clock is ticking. Better hope Greg McDermott doesn't use the new facility to outrecruit Frank Martin!!!  :lol:

"Come play for ISU, then next year you can sit out, and go play somewhere else!"

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
For the record, Iowa State has now had a working practice facility for over 6 months... and the clock is ticking. Better hope Greg McDermott doesn't use the new facility to outrecruit Frank Martin!!!  :lol:

Nice, I like Hav's sense of humor about being owned.  It is refreshing.
I might be pretty retardy, but I don't think that McNeck recruits all that bad. I just think he's a bad coach.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »
Means the University of Oregon always gets good recruits, many claiming that it is due to their practice facilities, should this new facility help significantly with recruiting in the future?

DeezMeister

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:38 PM »
How does the price tag of this practice facility compare to others recently done?

I'm guessing the ISU one is some type of pole shed, so that's probably not a good comparison

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »
MTC should find more insider info from his super secret source and post more often.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »

To me, the most impressive part of the Jack Trice renovations is going to be the floating light standard (or is it a concession window?) hovering above the upper deck.  ISU must be doing some pretty heady research into antigrav technology.   :popcorn:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

To me, the most impressive part of the Jack Trice renovations is going to be the floating light standard (or is it a concession window?) hovering above the upper deck.  ISU must be doing some pretty heady research into antigrav technology.   :popcorn:

not to mention that the wind manages to blow both ways across the stadium at once

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »

Jumbotron should be bigger IMO.  Looks awkward.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »
http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-02-19/ksu_adds_hoops_facility_to_plan

"The request represents a scaled-down version of the $70 million improvement plan approved by the regents in 2008. The project originally included a new ticket office, a Wildcat hall of fame and improvements to the west side of Snyder Family Stadium."

Glad to see they are not only being reasonable in scaling it down, but also have their priorities in the right place by making Frank's facility the one being pushed forward.

The Ticket office, HOF, and BSFS improvements are all wants.  The BB facility is a need.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-02-19/ksu_adds_hoops_facility_to_plan

"The request represents a scaled-down version of the $70 million improvement plan approved by the regents in 2008. The project originally included a new ticket office, a Wildcat hall of fame and improvements to the west side of Snyder Family Stadium."

Glad to see they are not only being reasonable in scaling it down, but also have their priorities in the right place by making Frank's facility the one being pushed forward.

The Ticket office, HOF, and BSFS improvements are all wants.  The BB facility is a need.

I just hope they just reduced the quantity of what was being built and not the quality.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2010, 03:08:15 PM »
I suggest any additional scaling down efforts start with the women's locker rooms.

:dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »
I suggest any additional scaling down efforts start with the women's locker rooms.

:dunno:

If you mean reducing the project by eliminating the women's locker room work, I am fully on board with that.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »
If the Wichita Public School taught me anything, it's that you can save huge costs by eliminated doors on bathroom stalls. I say we start there.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »
omg, when can we expect renderings?

Depends if K-State wants to spend tens of thousands for sketchup drawings. Right ew2x4?

Pathetic, that your university probably paid tens of thousands of dollars for Sketch Up images.

10's of thousands of dollars in great renderings bring in 100's of thousands of dollars in contributions. That is just embarrassing and probably still cost 3/4 the cost of actual renderings. Please tell me someone on the ISU forums made that. Please.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2010, 03:37:38 PM »

I just hope they just reduced the quantity of what was being built and not the quality.

You can bet it'll be half assed.....as per usual.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »

$20 million dollars on a basketball facility.   That's a ton.  The NBA OKC franchise just built a state of the art basketball facility in downtown OKC for $15 million.   Duke spent $15 million, $20 million is more than Kentucky and Texas spent on theirs, I am pretty sure it's more than Indiana spent on the one they are building now, and it's about the same as Virginia Tech spent on theres and it's awesome.   

In the current construction climate, the only way this is going to to be "half ass" is IF they only spend about $10 million.    If they spend all $20 million on the basketball facility in today's hyper aggressive, desperate construction bidding process . . . it's going to be one hell of a facility.

That being said. . . I won't hold my breath. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »

$20 million dollars on a basketball facility.   That's a ton.  The NBA OKC franchise just built a state of the art basketball facility in downtown OKC for $15 million.   Duke spent $15 million, $20 million is more than Kentucky and Texas spent on theirs, I am pretty sure it's more than Indiana spent on the one they are building now, and it's about the same as Virginia Tech spent on theres and it's awesome.   

In the current construction climate, the only way this is going to to be "half ass" is IF they only spend about $10 million.    If they spend all $20 million on the basketball facility in today's hyper aggressive, desperate construction bidding process . . . it's going to be one hell of a facility.

That being said. . . I won't hold my breath. 
I have faith that they could blow $20M on an average facility.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
the chosen architect on this project should ease your concerns. Populous (formerly HOK) is probably the foremost sports architecture firm in the world. These guys don't cut corners or slop up half ass projects. with the ball in their court (pun intended) I'm supremely confident well be getting one of the most elite facilities in the country. with steel prices what they are, the 20 mil will go a LOT further than it did 5 years ago too.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »

not to mention that the wind manages to blow both ways across the stadium at once

And the cyclones.com painted on the grassy knoll. It'll be upside-down to everyone in the stadium.
 :runaway:
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
Too much Jack Trice Stadium in this thread.  More Dax-elite-insidery info, please.

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 04:12:30 PM »
In other news, Currie let go of about six K-State athletic administrators yesterday. But carry on, nothing to see here. Just saving a few bucks. Money is tight, after all...  :jerk:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »
In other news, Currie let go of about six K-State athletic administrators yesterday. But carry on, nothing to see here. Just saving a few bucks. Money is tight, after all...  :jerk:

Hopefully he let go about $400k worth of administrators.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »

were they dumbass holdovers from the weifer/krause/clusterfuck era?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »
Can't decide if I care. On the one hand, I don't want any EMAWers to lose their job, on the other hand, I love EMAW athletics and if these slackers weren't neede0 and thus hindering purple power, then what needs to be done needs to be done.