Author Topic: The Official Bracketology Thread  (Read 384560 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Bracketology Thread
« Reply #2675 on: February 27, 2023, 10:55:07 AM »
Also you'll have an easier time getting face value tickets if you get an all session pass, the session specific passes go first, and those are the ones for the school specific allotments.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: February 27, 2023, 11:00:30 AM »
i remember going to the games in OKC and it was really not a big deal at all to get tix and at the time i was fresh outta college and making dick but even still, getting tickets was no biggie. Kinda crazy how the economics of tickets has fundamentally shifted since last time we needed to worry about getting tickets. Like the whole ticketmaster thing really came to a head in the last couple years, i don't think it was such a shitshow last time we went to the dance.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: February 27, 2023, 11:02:44 AM »
I’ve never been to an NCAA tournament game, what’s the pro move on when to buy tickets if we end up somewhere like Denver or Des Moines? My understanding is the schools allotment is hilariously small and will be snatched up by only the biggest of donors.

This is kinda false, the school allotments are small only because they release a good amount of tickets for everyone, also don't take CF3s advise, sorry bud. Most of the tickets, to all sites, aren't on sell yet. All tickets on sale now are just a small amount of tickets, really just for resale and to rip people off. The NCAA and the venues don't disclose when they actually release the tickets but I've been to the K-State KU Oklahoma City and KC pods along with going to two different Sweet 16/elite 8 sites and I've always paid face value from ticketmaster, not resold tickets. When we lost to Loyola in the elite 8 those final four tickets were there to get too but we couldn't finish the job.

I always buy my round 1 and 2 tickets the night of the selection show, but this year I've been checking ticketmaster every day waiting to see exactly when the tickets will be released.

Thanks, I’ll start keeping an eye on Ticketmaster. Did I understand correctly that it’s a low probability of actually getting the tickets through the ksu ticket office?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: February 27, 2023, 11:04:42 AM »
I’ve never been to an NCAA tournament game, what’s the pro move on when to buy tickets if we end up somewhere like Denver or Des Moines? My understanding is the schools allotment is hilariously small and will be snatched up by only the biggest of donors.

This is kinda false, the school allotments are small only because they release a good amount of tickets for everyone, also don't take CF3s advise, sorry bud. Most of the tickets, to all sites, aren't on sell yet. All tickets on sale now are just a small amount of tickets, really just for resale and to rip people off. The NCAA and the venues don't disclose when they actually release the tickets but I've been to the K-State KU Oklahoma City and KC pods along with going to two different Sweet 16/elite 8 sites and I've always paid face value from ticketmaster, not resold tickets. When we lost to Loyola in the elite 8 those final four tickets were there to get too but we couldn't finish the job.

I always buy my round 1 and 2 tickets the night of the selection show, but this year I've been checking ticketmaster every day waiting to see exactly when the tickets will be released.

Thanks, I’ll start keeping an eye on Ticketmaster. Did I understand correctly that it’s a low probability of actually getting the tickets through the ksu ticket office?

Yeah, don't bother. Not unless you got a lot of Ahearn Points and did the post season ticket request.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: February 27, 2023, 11:06:34 AM »

Yeah, don't bother. Not unless you got a lot of Ahearn Points and did the post season ticket request.

Yup, correct, I got mine in KC from like 2014 or w/e it was online from ticketmaster/NCAA site and it was easy enough.

Also, for all who do go, prepare for a ton of NCAA propaganda during the timeouts and between games.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: February 27, 2023, 11:07:26 AM »
I easily got tickets to Charlotte against Creighton through KSU. Different team, different times.

i remember going to the games in OKC and it was really not a big deal at all to get tix and at the time i was fresh outta college and making dick but even still, getting tickets was no biggie. Kinda crazy how the economics of tickets has fundamentally shifted since last time we needed to worry about getting tickets. Like the whole ticketmaster thing really came to a head in the last couple years, i don't think it was such a shitshow last time we went to the dance.

I don't know what Ticketmaster has to do with this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 27, 2023, 11:07:49 AM »

How ticketmaster handles NCAA tournament tickets hasn't changed a single bit in the last 20 years. The NCAA aren't interested in playing the same games that concert promoters are. To their credit, the NCAA does a great job of getting tickets in the hands of fans.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: February 27, 2023, 11:09:31 AM »
It's looking like we are a very solid bet to be a 2 seed.  When they announce the brackets, I'll be looking for two things.  First, that we are not in Purdue's bracket.  Second, that we are not in KU's bracket.  I would MUCH rather play Houston or Alabama if we made it to the elite 8.
Thoughts on how many games we need to win in Kansas City to wrap up a 2 seed?

Assuming we win at least 1 of the final two regular season? 1 game IMO.

I think this is how I think it breaks down (not all scenarios but enough)

Reg season 0-2, KC 0-1: 3 seed
Reg season 1-1, KC 0-1: 3 seed
Reg season 2-0, KC 0-1: 3 seed (maybe 2, probably good enough but I can see us being punished a bit)
Reg season 1-1, KC 1 to 3 wins: 2 seed
Reg season 2-0, KC 1 to 2 wins: 2 seed
Reg season 2-0, KC 3-0: 1 seed (yes, think we would/could)

I think beating OU unofficially officially shuts the door on sliding to a four seed. After that its pretty complex with jockeying for position with UT and BU. I am not sure how Zaga comes into play.

In general agree, but really any win (OU, @WV, KC) does that. I think sliding to 4 is a lot though if we end 0-3.

I think we're going to be a 2 or a 3 unless we win out, and a 2 is very ahievable given we're there right now, and the win @OSU realistically pushed to solidly into it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 27, 2023, 11:12:14 AM »

How ticketmaster handles NCAA tournament tickets hasn't changed a single bit in the last 20 years. The NCAA aren't interested in playing the same games that concert promoters are. To their credit, the NCAA does a great job of getting tickets in the hands of fans.

well see that's good to know. As someone who hasn't had any reason to worry about going to an NCAA game the last few years I'm sure you can understand why one might be concerned that their ticketmaster experience for NCAA tickets might be similar to their ticketmaster experience for concert tickets.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 27, 2023, 11:14:52 AM »
I easily got tickets to Charlotte against Creighton through KSU. Different team, different times.

Oh, well, ticketmaster would be where you would get your NCAA tournament tickets and ticketmaster is also where you pretty much have no choice but to get your concert venue tickets and ticketmaster is ticketmaster so maybe you could understand why someone might be confused that ticketmaster doesn't handle their business the same for NCAA tournament games as they do for concerts...does that maybe help you better understand what i was getting at?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: February 27, 2023, 11:18:53 AM »

Oh, well, ticketmaster would be where you would get your NCAA tournament tickets and ticketmaster is also where you pretty much have no choice but to get your concert venue tickets and ticketmaster is ticketmaster so maybe you could understand why someone might be confused that ticketmaster doesn't handle their business the same for NCAA tournament games as they do for concerts...does that maybe help you better understand what i was getting at?

yes it does. But honestly I don't see the issue with like Taylor Swift as much of a Ticketmaster issue as it is a supply and demand issue. but I didn't get too worked up about it.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 27, 2023, 11:29:47 AM »

yes it does. But honestly I don't see the issue with like Taylor Swift as much of a Ticketmaster issue as it is a supply and demand issue. but I didn't get too worked up about it.

I'm not sure what supply and demand has to do with it...unless you are suggesting that $10,000 is a legit fair market value for a Taylor Swift concert ticket that the free market will bear (without ticketmaster holding its thumb on the scales)? Its a moot point because as MIR pointed out, none of that matters when an entity as powerful as the NCAA steps in and tells ticketmaster they will not be playing any stupid games with their variable market demand algo. No other such agency exists with that kind of ability (or willingness) to tell ticketmaster/livenation to not be dicks. And yes that includes the artists themselves, see: Pearl Jam, et al.

The issue here is that i did not realize that the NCAA, specifically, had laid down the law on ticketmaster. full stop. if i had known that, i wouldn't have made my comment in the first place.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 27, 2023, 11:32:14 AM »

I'm not sure what supply and demand has to do with it...unless you are suggesting that $10,000 is a legit fair market value for a Taylor Swift concert ticket that the free market will bear (without ticketmaster holding its thumb on the scales)?

yes I do think it is a legit fair market value for some Taylor Swift tickets in some markets

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: February 27, 2023, 11:37:42 AM »

I'm not sure what supply and demand has to do with it...unless you are suggesting that $10,000 is a legit fair market value for a Taylor Swift concert ticket that the free market will bear (without ticketmaster holding its thumb on the scales)?

yes I do think it is a legit fair market value for some Taylor Swift tickets in some markets

well, alright then. With that bit of context, I now fully understand your bemusement over my original statement WRT ticketmaster.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 27, 2023, 01:33:06 PM »
one of the tricks i have heard from my ku buds is buying directly from the other schools in your session so watch who wins the ASun, OVC, Horizon, etc and then join the Morehead State booster club and buy all session tickets

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: February 27, 2023, 01:38:32 PM »
I have doubts about our ability to get to the regional, but hopefully we’re in the west (vegas baby!)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 27, 2023, 02:03:30 PM »
My goal would be for K-State to outperform Texas down the stretch to help us into the KC region.  While I'd certainly love a 1 seed, I'd rather be 2 seed in the Midwest than a 1 anywhere else.  I also think UT, along with UCLA, could get seeded slightly worse than expected as they don't have a conference terribly interested in advocating for them.  Any PAC or B12 affiliations in the room should try and get Baylor/KSU ahead of UT and Arizona ahead of UCLA if it's a reasonable argument to make.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 27, 2023, 04:18:52 PM »
I think a 3 in the Midwest is the best case.  I don't know if we'd get the KC regional if get a 2.  Des Moines should be a lock. 

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: March 06, 2023, 08:22:17 AM »
Purdue seems like a rough matchup for us given our interior defense but I like being in Des Moines
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: March 06, 2023, 10:49:29 AM »
Absolute NCAA tournament nightmare fuel for K-State, shits actually hilarious

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 06, 2023, 10:59:54 AM »
LOL

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: March 06, 2023, 11:23:28 AM »
OR a chance to slay all of our demons at once!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: March 06, 2023, 11:27:31 AM »
Absolute NCAA tournament nightmare fuel for K-State, shits actually hilarious

thanks i hate it