Author Topic: I neither like nor dislike the Oscars  (Read 13423 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: I neither like nor dislike the Oscars
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2022, 05:49:59 PM »
It's one of the funnier things to ever happen on live tv. The joke was over the line (in my opinion) and the slap was over the line to the same degree (in my opinion). Amazing spectacle though

It was funny?  And the joke was over the line?? 

It was a bad joke and a pathetic response by someone who is woke as hell.  I've read multiple articles that blame Trump for this.  While I don't totally disagree with some of those articles, this is much more about a society who can't laugh at anything anymore (not that it was funny).

Please post any of the article that blame trump for this, TIA.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2022, 05:55:36 PM »
Mods-Please move to the Pit.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2022, 05:57:03 PM »
It's one of the funnier things to ever happen on live tv. The joke was over the line (in my opinion) and the slap was over the line to the same degree (in my opinion). Amazing spectacle though

It was a bad joke and a pathetic response by someone who is woke as hell.  I've read multiple articles that blame Trump for this.  While I don't totally disagree with some of those articles, this is much more about a society who can't laugh at anything anymore (not that it was funny).

Really>?  There are tons...
https://www.outkick.com/will-smith-chris-rock-trump-stern/
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2022, 05:57:30 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2022, 05:59:02 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/will-smith-oscars-slap-political-takes-1328936/amp/

The trump stuff is near the end
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2022, 06:00:37 PM »
Ugh, what trash.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2022, 06:17:09 PM »
Will smith on the other hand? Woof. I would’ve done a lot of different things there if it were me and it would’ve started with not hitting a nearly 60 year old comedian who was just doing what he was told to do and who also happens to be half my size.
I guess it is possible Vern Troyer would say something mean to you but otherwise might be tough.

Oh man was not ready for this  :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2022, 06:20:05 PM »

This post is all over the place but I think we can all all agree that takes that shoehorn in "woke" can be thrown in the trash with the rest of the politics first garbage.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2022, 06:23:35 PM »

This post is all over the place but I think we can all all agree that takes that shoehorn in "woke" can be thrown in the trash with the rest of the politics first garbage.
pw simultaneously said the slap wasn't funny and then decried that society can't laugh at anything anymore

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2022, 06:24:21 PM »
Will smith on the other hand? Woof. I would’ve done a lot of different things there if it were me and it would’ve started with not hitting a nearly 60 year old comedian who was just doing what he was told to do and who also happens to be half my size.
I guess it is possible Vern Troyer would say something mean to you but otherwise might be tough.

Oh man was not ready for this  :lol:
Are you mad daris? What are you going to slap me?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2022, 06:34:45 PM »
It sure appears that the people who were complaining about taking a political angle on this issue were the ones who got it moved to the pit. Pretty lol.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2022, 06:34:59 PM »

I was wondering why this got pit'd. Some people just can't help themselves.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2022, 06:43:11 PM »
:lol:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2022, 06:52:58 PM »

KK chose violence

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2022, 07:07:26 PM »

pw simultaneously said the slap wasn't funny and then decried that society can't laugh at anything anymore

You're pretty slow huh?  Will Smith slapping Chris Rock is not funny.  This happened because Chris Rock told a bad joke and it made Smith mad..  This wouldn't have happened if  Smith just continued to laugh it off like he was.. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I neither like nor dislike the Oscars
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2022, 09:37:32 PM »
Twitter is for people that can’t think for there self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile