Author Topic: I neither like nor dislike the Oscars  (Read 13346 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: I neither like nor dislike the Oscars
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2022, 03:17:47 PM »
I don't see how will and jada can take offense to anything said to or about them at this point in life.  They are proud and public corny weirdos.

If written for him, chris rock should've seen it was kind of lame and done a much better joke about them and/or joked about someone more interesting in the audience.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2022, 03:21:36 PM »
If written for him, chris rock should've seen it was kind of lame and done a much better joke about them and/or joked about someone more interesting in the audience.

yeah I'm pretty sure chris rock has veto power when it comes to jokes written for him

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2022, 03:21:49 PM »
I don't see how will and jada can take offense to anything said to or about them at this point in life.  They are proud and public corny weirdos.

I don't think that's how being a human being works.

Has Rock or his people made any comment on this yet? It's all v fascinating.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2022, 03:26:55 PM »

In a perfect world, sure. His joke about Javier and Penelope Cruz immediately before it was even lamer. “The ol’ ball and chain! Amirite U guys?” I’m assuming he just showed up and said whatever they had written for him just like everyone else did.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2022, 03:34:06 PM »
I don't see how will and jada can take offense to anything said to or about them at this point in life. 

It's part of doing whatever you want.  The rest of the world might thing that doing those things is rough ridin' weird and will talk bad about you and/or tell jokes about you.  Here the talking bad/joking should've been about more lol stuff than her hair or lack thereof.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2022, 03:35:56 PM »

In a perfect world, sure. His joke about Javier and Penelope Cruz immediately before it was even lamer. “The ol’ ball and chain! Amirite U guys?” I’m assuming he just showed up and said whatever they had written for him just like everyone else did.

I'd be interested in how that works and what the pay is.  If I was chris rock or any comedian whose brand is defined by being funny, it'd take an outrageous amount of money for me to tell someone else's crappier jokes.

For non-comedians, yeah, just read the script written by people theoretically funnier.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »
lots of great tweets out there but my favorite was something like chris is lucky all the dudes banging jada didn't also rush the stage

These "jokes" are also problematic. I don't know what them, at one time, having an opening relationship has anything to do her now having alopecia and the appropriateness of joking about it. She's mocked for getting it in, I haven't seen a single joke or mockery about Will doing the same with Margot Robbie and others. This whole thing is toxic masculinity run wild, just leave the woman alone, why is this so hard to do?

It is not the jokes, it is Will battering another person on stage over a very bad joke based on some defense of his wife and their marriage, which is at the very least, in the public eye, less than one based on faithfulness.  I am sure there is a lot of "you don't know what really happened" to this but they made money off of telling the public about screwing other people you have to expect that the next time you intend to defend your wife's virtue most of us will rightfully roll our eyes.  Especially if you think you are entitled to literally commit battery.

If a maga from the crowd had stormed the stagge and socked Rock over a maga joke, we are having a different convo

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2022, 03:48:20 PM »
Agree that the joke also could’ve been cut for just being terrible. At it’s absolute best, it’s forgettable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2022, 03:51:41 PM »
MakeItRain, have you ever considered not debating with extreme passion every single thing that happens in the entire world and universe and multiverse?

Have you ever considered why you think I am debating any more passionately than the other dozen people posting about this? Should I take your tact? Act like I'm above it all then follow up with multiple passive aggressive posts?

This is a message board, it exists for discussing topics. I can assure you that I won't have a single conversation about a live human about this, other than "did you see Will Smith? yeah it was wild, how about those peacocks!" I don't care enough. People get slapped or punched every single day for saying stupid crap. I'm not the one who thinks anything at all should happen other than these three people hashing it out.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2022, 03:56:53 PM »

It’s how being a celebrity works.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2022, 03:57:22 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2022, 04:08:03 PM »
lots of great tweets out there but my favorite was something like chris is lucky all the dudes banging jada didn't also rush the stage

These "jokes" are also problematic. I don't know what them, at one time, having an opening relationship has anything to do her now having alopecia and the appropriateness of joking about it. She's mocked for getting it in, I haven't seen a single joke or mockery about Will doing the same with Margot Robbie and others. This whole thing is toxic masculinity run wild, just leave the woman alone, why is this so hard to do?

It is not the jokes, it is Will battering another person on stage over a very bad joke based on some defense of his wife and their marriage, which is at the very least, in the public eye, less than one based on faithfulness.  I am sure there is a lot of "you don't know what really happened" to this but they made money off of telling the public about screwing other people you have to expect that the next time you intend to defend your wife's virtue most of us will rightfully roll our eyes.  Especially if you think you are entitled to literally commit battery.

If a maga from the crowd had stormed the stagge and socked Rock over a maga joke, we are having a different convo

I literally cannot make the connection about them, at one time, or even now, having an open relationship, with Will Smith's capacity to take a joke about his wife without slapping someone. I can't figure out what one has to do with the other. It was her choice to sleep with that man, it was his choice to slap Chris Rock in the face for what he deemed was a tasteless joke. Ones possible indifference to sexual proclivities doesn't connote an ability to get pissed about anything. Me letting someone call me a porch monkey 30 years ago, without repercussion, doesn't mean you can call me a coon or my wife a mud shark in 2022.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2022, 04:10:16 PM »

lol no
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2022, 04:11:11 PM »
They were both wrong. Will more so than Chris.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2022, 04:12:06 PM »

lol no

What? Achieving some sort of fame doesn't shut down your emotions and improves your decision making?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
I have never heard of mud shark. What an insane term, is that real? (this post made possible by white priv)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »
A new one for me as well
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2022, 04:30:10 PM »
Years of shitty K-State sports and increased traffic to "The Pit" have taken its toll on this blog.
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2022, 04:35:24 PM »
I have never heard of mud shark. What an insane term, is that real? (this post made possible by white priv)

unfortunately, yes.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2022, 04:50:49 PM »
Years of shitty K-State sports and increased traffic to "The Pit" have taken its toll on this blog.

Yes, it’s hard to keep the pit in the pit these days. Even this thread has a more serious, pit-type tone to it. I’m guilty itt. Really this is something we should all just be laughing at, which is probably exactly what Chris Rock and his comedian buddies are doing rn. <———- regardless of what he decides to say publicly.

The incident was bizarre and funny.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2022, 04:56:20 PM »
It's one of the funnier things to ever happen on live tv. The joke was over the line (in my opinion) and the slap was over the line to the same degree (in my opinion). Amazing spectacle though

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2022, 05:12:23 PM »
It's one of the funnier things to ever happen on live tv. The joke was over the line (in my opinion) and the slap was over the line to the same degree (in my opinion). Amazing spectacle though

the same degree?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2022, 05:43:22 PM »
Made me actually look up Oscars when I did not intend to this year.  Which is not a comment on the Oscars but more my movie watching in 21-22

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2022, 05:44:52 PM »

It was funny?  And the joke was over the line?? 

It was a bad joke and a pathetic response by someone who is woke as hell.  I've read multiple articles that blame Trump for this.  While I don't totally disagree with some of those articles, this is much more about a society who can't laugh at anything anymore (not that it was funny).
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2022, 05:49:42 PM »
Will smith on the other hand? Woof. I would’ve done a lot of different things there if it were me and it would’ve started with not hitting a nearly 60 year old comedian who was just doing what he was told to do and who also happens to be half my size.
I guess it is possible Vern Troyer would say something mean to you but otherwise might be tough.