Author Topic: Holy War  (Read 139727 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Holy War
« Reply #700 on: April 30, 2011, 04:58:38 AM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 17, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
Stephen Hawinkg thinks Poet Warrior is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/may/15/stephen-hawking-interview-there-is-no-heaven

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 18, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »
I'm getting this as a tattoo over my whole back.

When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 18, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
Do most of you do hard drugs? (serious question) I would assume they'd be a necessity for your mindset...

I know you all routinely drink excessive amounts of alcohol, which perhaps answers my question. Maybe branch out to cocaine?

Might even provide a little insight or purpose. Experiential. No reason to be yourself.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 18, 2011, 03:21:38 PM »

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 18, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »
i value you stephen. i value your action

Why?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 18, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »
so saturday is the end, according to christian nutjobs in california.

end of the world pak?   :ksu:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 18, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
Do most of you do hard drugs? (serious question) I would assume they'd be a necessity for your mindset...

I know you all routinely drink excessive amounts of alcohol, which perhaps answers my question. Maybe branch out to cocaine?

Might even provide a little insight or purpose. Experiential. No reason to be yourself.

Never done a hard drug and I haven't had a drink of alcohol in over 4 months. Still don't believe in God

/thread

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »
i value you stephen. i value your action

Why?

So our society can keep moving forward  with out being held down by religious nut jobs
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:21:05 PM by pike »

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 19, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
Never done a hard drug and I haven't had a drink of alcohol in over 4 months. Still don't believe in God
/thread

\thread

I hope 4 months becomes 5.

/thread

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 19, 2011, 09:09:24 AM »
So our society can keep moving forward  with out being held down by religious nut jobs

What do you want society to move toward?

A better world? Is perfection possible? Do you feel you have the necessary control over your life and the world to do it? When you've done it, then what? Wait, why did you do it again?

There have been many admissions in this thread that religion existing helps society to function effectively. Now, "nut jobs" are holding everyone back.

You and your friends (or fellow aware material and chemicals) are not consistent, in anything. Your mindset and especially your behavior.

We, you and I, are specially created beings, created for a purpose, but imperfect. This explains my thoughts and acts. What explains yours?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »
so saturday is the end, according to christian nutjobs in california.

end of the world pak?   :ksu:
crap I hope not. had a really nice relaxing sunday planned.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Religion,Bible,Church, Etc. Thread
« Reply #714 on: May 19, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »
Because instead of allowing for further thinking and exploration, it is just a way to end the conversation and I think it promotes ignorance.  Why shouldn't you try to resolve that conflict or find someone that has.

I think the problem that I was proposing as far as the bible goes is that the bible does make specific claims about how the world was created, and a lot of people reject what science has discovered about those processes because it does not fit their notions and because it creates a pretty significant amount of cognitive dissonance.  There are a lot of claims about how god intervenes in the world and creates miracles, yet, we can't truly ever study and verify that god intervenes in the world at all.  There is no strong evidence for it.  There are a lot of claims, there are a lot of "experiences", but there is no hard verifiable evidence.  I would love to see some, and if a god exists, a god that cares anything about humans, a god that intervenes in our life, then I would expect that that god would like us enough to reveal himself while we are alive to really give us an option of following him or not.   I shouldn't have to put my faith into a religious text that was written 2000 years ago and is not even consistent. 

But yes, the bible makes a lot of claims, many of which we can't verify and others that have been proven wrong. 
I have not gone through the whole thread yet but I have not seen one place where you have "proven" the bible wrong. You have claimed more than once but not given a single example of where the bible has been proven wrong. 

Also, just because science can prove it does not mean it was not created by God, I've lost your point on this one.  We may not now be able to "prove" certain things and things that you belive to be proven may in fact, as we learn more about the complex world we live in, be proven wrong, as have many beliefs (world flat etc..) over time as we dig deeper.  I believe science can and will and possibly has proven there is a God regardless if you want to believe it or not.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 19, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »
http://inthearena.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/17/harold-camping-prepares-for-judgment-day-may-21-2011/?hpt=C2

i thought my purpose was to start a crazy radio station and proclaim the end of days but it looks like this guy beat me too it  :cry:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 19, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »
/thread

\thread

/thread
first time I've seen PW rattled.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 19, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »
\thread

/thread
first time I've seen PW rattled.

I'm genuinely glad for him/her. Maybe he or she will get this sucker figured out.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 19, 2011, 12:24:35 PM »
Hawkins books are good.

Read Brief History of Time summer before going to KSU.  Almost(almost) made me want to go into physics. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 23, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »
There is no value in your action, Harold Camping.

*except for making over $80 million dollars for family radio by fleecing some uber religious boobs

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 16, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
Just got an e-mail that there's no God.  Or at least that he/she doesn't honor nearly 50 requested premium prayers.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 17, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »
/thread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 17, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »
Just got an e-mail that there's no God.  Or at least that he/she doesn't honor nearly 50 requested premium prayers.

the poster forgot to include his name, address & kid's name.  lmao @ these rubes that think god is going to run around hunting down isp's & email addy's.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 26, 2011, 08:00:48 AM »
What I can only presume are hardcore gpc wabash'rs say "eff you" to all the non-believing goEMAW haterz.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/26/1908924/as-girl-lay-near-death-family.html

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 26, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »
What I can only presume are hardcore gpc wabash'rs say "eff you" to all the non-believing goEMAW haterz.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/26/1908924/as-girl-lay-near-death-family.html

tl;dr