Author Topic: Holy War  (Read 138019 times)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Holy War
« Reply #750 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »
I'd like to caution everyone about KSU187's posts.

Believing everything is equal to believing nothing.

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 04, 2011, 02:53:37 PM »
I still love you though Poet...

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 04, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
Quote from: some dumb bitch's facebook
Heard a new song yesterday by Casting Crowns called "Already There". It talks about how my future is God's memory and he is standing at the end looking back at my life knowing exactly how it played out. I love knowing that even though I am not sure exactly what the future holds, God's already been there and done that. So thankful for that comfort!

This is crazy talk. I mean seriously, how can anyone believe this?

gives them validation for horrible decisions.  "part of god's plan"

God is completely outside of, therefore not dependent on, and transcends our space/time domain and three dimensional reality.. See, God can not only "see" our future, but He can also "see" an almost infinite number of hypothetical futures based on how we utilize our free will.  Theoretical physicists might label these realms, which are as real as the one we currently live in, "parallel universes."

God also does not "see" in the sense that we see with our eyes either.  Again, He is not an old man with a beard, nor is He a "He." God completely Transcends all anthropomorphic qualities attributed to Him.

"Part of God's Plan" is a trite platitude, but when looking at everything with reincarnation in mind, perhaps those things WERE meant to happen.  Sure, some dude in a white robe didn't do it to them, but maybe their karma, and past lives, dictated that certain events needed to take place to create a karmic balance.  

The whole predestination vs. free will argument has been something people have grappled with for centuries.  But the answer lies in the fact that they are both true to a certain extent. Before the soul manifests itself on our planet or others, a karmic pattern based on a variety of circumstances (individual karma, astrological alignments, past lives, etc.) is set forth and has a magnetic-like pull, outlining a general direction for the soul during the incarnation. However, it is ultimately up to the individual, through utilizing his or her free will, on whether or not they will experience soul growth during this incarnation.

Sadly to say, some lives have this "general karmic pattern" set up so strongly, that it is practically impossible for them to experience soul growth for a particular incarnation.  However, since free will is involved, sometimes they do, and overcome the odds.

To avoid vagueness, "soul growth," in the broad sense is: The learning of spiritual lessons, though a series of lives on earth, which enables the soul to become liberated from threefold suffering: physical disease (understanding the impermanence and illusion of everything on this earth plane, including our own lives), balancing and overcoming mental inharmonies, and the dispelling of spiritual ignorance.  Through the application of spiritual principles (Love, Faith, Charity, Honesty, Virtue, etc. etc.), and personal attunement with the God, an individual can bring this growth about.  He or she will go through several realms, astral, causal, and physical (like earth), until the soul has reached a sufficient enough vibratory level to merge back in to the Infinate, and then.. Eternal Bliss.

Oh, eff it, kinda hard to explain.. What I'm saying is... Life is like this:

I saw a funny little quip the other day commenting on the futile effort to explain our existence "with a language that evolved to communicate where the ripe fruit was." Apparently the secret to advance our language to where it can achieve such awesome understanding is to capitalize certain words like: He, Love, Eternal Bliss, etc.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 12, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »
http://onemansblog.com/2011/08/06/christians-openly-advocate-killing-athiests-on-fox-news-facebook-page/

This is pretty hilarious, and indicative of the inbred religious redneck morons we still have in our country. Notice how awful their grammar is. And oh yeah, it sucks your religion is suffering a slow, painful trip to obscurity.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 13, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »
http://onemansblog.com/2011/08/06/christians-openly-advocate-killing-athiests-on-fox-news-facebook-page/

This is pretty hilarious, and indicative of the inbred religious redneck morons we still have in our country. Notice how awful their grammar is. And oh yeah, it sucks your religion is suffering a slow, painful trip to obscurity.

"the more devout they (Christians) are....the more they view Thou Shall Not Kill as NEGOTIABLE..." - G. Carlin

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 20, 2011, 05:28:50 PM »

Did Atheists become the majority when I was napping? Oh, wait, there are still over a billion Catholics in the world....yeah...obscurity.  :users:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 20, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »

Did Atheists become the majority when I was napping? Oh, wait, there are still over a billion Catholics in the world....yeah...obscurity.  :users:

slowly

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 23, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 14, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
I guess you can add Uganda to the list of countries we have troops in...

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 14, 2011, 04:47:33 AM »
If we simply say the word empathy, it sounds mushy. If a scientist like Tania Singer shows, using fMRI scans, that women’s brains light up in three places when they get electric shocks, and that when their partners are shocked, their brains light up in two of the same three places, we understand empathy not as a hard-to-define feeling but as something that people experience in a physical sense. ... Neuroscience also shows that a reward circuit is triggered in our brains when we cooperate with one another, and that provides a scientific basis for saying that at least some people want to cooperate, given a choice, because it feels good.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/07/are-humans-naturally-selfish.html

full article:

http://hbr.org/2011/07/the-unselfish-gene/ar/pr

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/12/rat-empathy/all/1

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 14, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-03-09-aris-survey-nones_N.htm

A closer look at the "Nones" — people who said "None" when asked their religious identity — shows that this group (now 15% of Americans, up from 8% in 1990) opts out of traditional religious rites of passage:

•40% say they had no childhood religious initiation ceremony such as a baptism, christening, circumcision, bar mitzvah or naming ceremony.

•55% of those who are married had no religious ceremony.

•66% say they do not expect to have a religious funeral.

"Your parents may decide for you on baptism and your spouse has a say in your wedding, but when people talk about dying, they speak for themselves," says Kosmin.

He expects the number of Nones to continue to grow as each generation begets more.

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 14, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
I don't see Religion going anywhere anytime soon.. Belief and consciousness is an evolving process.  As we humans shed our old and worn out belief systems (i.e. fundamentalism; Islamic, Hindu, and Christian to name a few) there is going to be a change in the collective consciousness, and some resistance to the acknowledgement of a Higher Power or being part of a religious body, mainly due to having felt cheated by out-dated and ridiculous sounding dogmas.

This resistance and reluctance to admit religious affiliation can in some cases be based on how crazy certain religious people are, and the desire not to be "one of them." It is natural to try to separate from ignorant people.   

Also, another take on it is that now more people have access to the internet and can investigate any religion they want, so you find people with very eclectic viewpoints. These people might not have a religious affiliation, but are believers in God.

However, you do have some points noticing a trend, but making the huge jump to "Religion is done-for" is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Pew Research has some good stuff on this topic..

http://www.pewforum.org/Topics/Beliefs-and-Practices/Importance-of-Religion/

http://www.pewforum.org/Age/Religion-Among-the-Millennials.aspx

Just like when Francis Bacon stated: "A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion," humankind will pass through this phase, the shedding of old beliefs, and to a greater understanding of Reality.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 14, 2011, 01:29:25 PM »

However, you do have some points noticing a trend, but making the huge jump to "Religion is done-for" is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

not sure if this is directed at me or not. 

if it is... that is not the argument i am trying to make. in fact in the article it states that many "nones" are believers of a higher power but feel that "organized" religion has no/little value for them. 

I do believe however that as science continues to develop and we increase our understanding of the natural world "religion" will continue to fade into obscurity.  non-belieg/agnostic is already the 4th largest belief system on the planet.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 17, 2011, 02:32:27 AM »
What I can only presume are hardcore gpc wabash'rs say "eff you" to all the non-believing goEMAW haterz.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/26/1908924/as-girl-lay-near-death-family.html

tl;dr

Some God-fearing folks suited up and prayed to a saint.

Not EMAW, squawks
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 16, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 16, 2013, 11:20:18 AM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 16, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
If someone has time they should definitely go through this thread like the other teams' game threads and highlight it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 16, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »

this one is crazy because of the state lines.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 16, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »
also because Mizzou/SEC

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Religion,Bible,Church, Etc. Thread
« Reply #772 on: December 16, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
If someone has time they should definitely go through this thread like the other teams' game threads and highlight it.

Serious question:  Are you a god?

Do you wear a bubble wrap suit and shoot lightning at people?  tia

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 16, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
also because Mizzou/SEC
Yeah, that was the big thing for me.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 16, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
i'm glad there aren't more baptists in kansas. we could stand to have fewer methodists, but i guess that's true for every state. it would sure be nice if the lutherans would set up shop in one region the way the LDS have.