Author Topic: Holy War  (Read 138017 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Holy War
« Reply #725 on: June 26, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »
What I can only presume are hardcore gpc wabash'rs say "eff you" to all the non-believing goEMAW haterz.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/26/1908924/as-girl-lay-near-death-family.html

tl;dr

Some God-fearing folks suited up and prayed to a saint.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 26, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »
What I can only presume are hardcore gpc wabash'rs say "eff you" to all the non-believing goEMAW haterz.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/26/1908924/as-girl-lay-near-death-family.html

tl;dr

Some God-fearing folks suited up and prayed to a saint.
tl;dr
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 26, 2011, 06:23:47 PM »
Next time, they should feel free to talk to Him directly.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 27, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »
Next time, they should feel free to talk to Him directly.

That, or go on the international rivals board.

By that time, because of the e-mails the Gerlemans were getting, they knew that people and prayer chains all over the world were praying for her; in Italy, in England, and other places far and wide.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/27/1910070/no-medical-explanation-for-girls.html#ixzz1QTvoGfXP

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
Why can't medicine explain situations like this? What's the problem?

Our bodies work in simple, mechanical ways. Surely we have the knowledge to determine the exact causes and effects? We're not talking about an infinite cosmos here, we're talking about a pitiful, little animal, which is exactly like billions of other animals that have come before it.

Someone open a book and solve this thing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:11:10 AM by PoetWarrior »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 27, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

Like the dad found during the process, probably just a matter of plugging in the cord or something.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 27, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »

Our bodies work in simple, mechanical ways. Surely we have the knowledge to determine the exact causes and effects? We're not talking about an infinite cosmos here, we're talking about a pitiful, little animal, which is exactly like billions of other animals that have come before it.

Someone open a book and solve this thing.

What we don't know today is only because He has not revealed it yet.  Great homework excuse btw.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
Today I saw this girl's facebook status. A friend of hers commented on it and eventually it came up that the father of her friend passed away and she is going to the funeral. The girl she was talking to replied with "my prayers are with you". Why would someone say something so stupid? It wasn't her dad, it wasn't even her relative, and yet people are "praying" and "sending prayers" to her?

Why is religion (and praying) so egotistical?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 30, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
Today I saw this girl's facebook status. A friend of hers commented on it and eventually it came up that the father of her friend passed away and she is going to the funeral. The girl she was talking to replied with "my prayers are with you". Why would someone say something so stupid? It wasn't her dad, it wasn't even her relative, and yet people are "praying" and "sending prayers" to her?

Most people who "my prayers are with you" don't actually end up praying for those people at all.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 30, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

People are flawed.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:48 PM »
Most people who "my prayers are with you" don't actually end up praying for those people at all.

I agree that you should only say this if you intend to ask the one true God to aid in the person's grief or hurt.

Otherwise it is stupid, meaningless and insincere.

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 30, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

Some of the time.  I happen to regard the positive statement and the sentiments behind (even if feigned) "my prayers are with you" as having its own vibration, and being a "prayer" in itself.

Also, in the instance above with the girl, she was probably just being polite.  But who knows, maybe she confided in the other girl how much she hates going to funerals and that it reminds her of a loss in her family etc. Who knows why she said that? Maybe she is just a brainless skank, who really cares? So why get all butthurt?

Because it is your own ego that is involved...

To judge, or to claim to know why someone says something helpful to another person, and then deem their positive statements and actions as egotistical, is, in reality, the real egotism here.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 30, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
I judge because if you knew the girl you would have a hard time believing anything she says. This same girl stopped taking birth control without telling her husband, after her husband said to her (and others) that he didn't want any kids until they had been married 2 years, and got pregnant within 6 months of being married.

So when I see her post stupid crap about praying for people, I kinda find it all to be  :bs:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 16, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 16, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
God killed nearly 25 million people in the Bible.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html

:horrorsurprise:

pffftttt....god kills way more every year these days

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 16, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
pffftttt....god kills way more every year these days

don't let ouhoops see this.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 19, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
If we simply say the word empathy, it sounds mushy. If a scientist like Tania Singer shows, using fMRI scans, that women’s brains light up in three places when they get electric shocks, and that when their partners are shocked, their brains light up in two of the same three places, we understand empathy not as a hard-to-define feeling but as something that people experience in a physical sense. ... Neuroscience also shows that a reward circuit is triggered in our brains when we cooperate with one another, and that provides a scientific basis for saying that at least some people want to cooperate, given a choice, because it feels good.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/07/are-humans-naturally-selfish.html

full article:

http://hbr.org/2011/07/the-unselfish-gene/ar/pr

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 19, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
If we simply say the word empathy, it sounds mushy. If a scientist like Tania Singer shows, using fMRI scans, that women’s brains light up in three places when they get electric shocks, and that when their partners are shocked, their brains light up in two of the same three places, we understand empathy not as a hard-to-define feeling but as something that people experience in a physical sense. ... Neuroscience also shows that a reward circuit is triggered in our brains when we cooperate with one another, and that provides a scientific basis for saying that at least some people want to cooperate, given a choice, because it feels good.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/07/are-humans-naturally-selfish.html

full article:

your welcome.  (daily dish)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 19, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »

full article:

your welcome.  (daily dish)

yeah, thanks. it's great.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 20, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
How lucky we are to be humans and not plants.

These articles do not answer your questions.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 20, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
How lucky we are to be humans and not plants.

These articles do not answer your questions.
:thumbs:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 29, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
Quote from: some dumb bitch's facebook
Heard a new song yesterday by Casting Crowns called "Already There". It talks about how my future is God's memory and he is standing at the end looking back at my life knowing exactly how it played out. I love knowing that even though I am not sure exactly what the future holds, God's already been there and done that. So thankful for that comfort!

This is crazy talk. I mean seriously, how can anyone believe this?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 29, 2011, 12:51:45 PM »
Heard a new song yesterday by Casting Crowns called "Already There". It talks about how my future is God's memory and he is standing at the end looking back at my life knowing exactly how it played out. I love knowing that even though I am not sure exactly what the future holds, God's already been there and done that. So thankful for that comfort!

gives them validation for horrible decisions.  "part of god's plan"

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 29, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »

gives them validation for horrible decisions.  "part of god's plan"

God is completely outside of, therefore not dependent on, and transcends our space/time domain and three dimensional reality.. See, God can not only "see" our future, but He can also "see" an almost infinite number of hypothetical futures based on how we utilize our free will.  Theoretical physicists might label these realms, which are as real as the one we currently live in, "parallel universes."

God also does not "see" in the sense that we see with our eyes either.  Again, He is not an old man with a beard, nor is He a "He." God completely Transcends all anthropomorphic qualities attributed to Him.

"Part of God's Plan" is a trite platitude, but when looking at everything with reincarnation in mind, perhaps those things WERE meant to happen.  Sure, some dude in a white robe didn't do it to them, but maybe their karma, and past lives, dictated that certain events needed to take place to create a karmic balance.  

The whole predestination vs. free will argument has been something people have grappled with for centuries.  But the answer lies in the fact that they are both true to a certain extent. Before the soul manifests itself on our planet or others, a karmic pattern based on a variety of circumstances (individual karma, astrological alignments, past lives, etc.) is set forth and has a magnetic-like pull, outlining a general direction for the soul during the incarnation. However, it is ultimately up to the individual, through utilizing his or her free will, on whether or not they will experience soul growth during this incarnation.

Sadly to say, some lives have this "general karmic pattern" set up so strongly, that it is practically impossible for them to experience soul growth for a particular incarnation.  However, since free will is involved, sometimes they do, and overcome the odds.

To avoid vagueness, "soul growth," in the broad sense is: The learning of spiritual lessons, though a series of lives on earth, which enables the soul to become liberated from threefold suffering: physical disease (understanding the impermanence and illusion of everything on this earth plane, including our own lives), balancing and overcoming mental inharmonies, and the dispelling of spiritual ignorance.  Through the application of spiritual principles (Love, Faith, Charity, Honesty, Virtue, etc. etc.), and personal attunement with the God, an individual can bring this growth about.  He or she will go through several realms, astral, causal, and physical (like earth), until the soul has reached a sufficient enough vibratory level to merge back in to the Infinate, and then.. Eternal Bliss.

Oh, eff it, kinda hard to explain.. What I'm saying is... Life is like this:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 02, 2011, 08:18:04 PM »

gives them validation for horrible decisions.  "part of god's plan"

God is completely outside of, therefore not dependent on, and transcends our space/time domain and three dimensional reality.. See, God can not only "see" our future, but He can also "see" an almost infinite number of hypothetical futures based on how we utilize our free will.  Theoretical physicists might label these realms, which are as real as the one we currently live in, "parallel universes."

God also does not "see" in the sense that we see with our eyes either.  Again, He is not an old man with a beard, nor is He a "He." God completely Transcends all anthropomorphic qualities attributed to Him.

"Part of God's Plan" is a trite platitude, but when looking at everything with reincarnation in mind, perhaps those things WERE meant to happen.  Sure, some dude in a white robe didn't do it to them, but maybe their karma, and past lives, dictated that certain events needed to take place to create a karmic balance. 

The whole predestination vs. free will argument has been something people have grappled with for centuries.  But the answer lies in the fact that they are both true to a certain extent. Before the soul manifests itself on our planet or others, a karmic pattern based on a variety of circumstances (individual karma, astrological alignments, past lives, etc.) is set forth and has a magnetic-like pull, outlining a general direction for the soul during the incarnation. However, it is ultimately up to the individual, through utilizing his or her free will, on whether or not they will experience soul growth during this incarnation.

Sadly to say, some lives have this "general karmic pattern" set up so strongly, that it is practically impossible for them to experience soul growth for a particular incarnation.  However, since free will is involved, sometimes they do, and overcome the odds.

To avoid vagueness, "soul growth," in the broad sense is: The learning of spiritual lessons, though a series of lives on earth, which enables the soul to become liberated from threefold suffering: physical disease (understanding the impermanence and illusion of everything on this earth plane, including our own lives), balancing and overcoming mental inharmonies, and the dispelling of spiritual ignorance.  Through the application of spiritual principles (Love, Faith, Charity, Honesty, Virtue, etc. etc.), and personal attunement with the God, an individual can bring this growth about.  He or she will go through several realms, astral, causal, and physical (like earth), until the soul has reached a sufficient enough vibratory level to merge back in to the Infinate, and then.. Eternal Bliss.

Oh, eff it, kinda hard to explain.. What I'm saying is... Life is like this:

Sounds computery