Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3994611 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #9975 on: October 03, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »
I just don't understand why we need 2 basketball arenas and 2 football stadiums.  We're just one university.

:confused:

we only have 1 of each.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: October 04, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
if i were in charge old stadium would've been bulldozed ages ago

ahearn too

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »
Need a parking garage west of old stadium. 

Back on topic though, anymore steam to the rumors that Vanier Reno is eminent?  also, how badly does our current suckage negatively affect fundraising? 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
Need a parking garage west of old stadium. 

Back on topic though, anymore steam to the rumors that Vanier Reno is eminent?  also, how badly does our current suckage negatively affect fundraising?

lol.

Regarding your second question.  Naw, not much of an impact whatsoever.

Signed,

KU fan.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: October 04, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
Anyone remember the Tone Loc concert?

I remember towards the end someone offered him a beer and he was all like "eff that! Don't you hicks have any weed?!"     :cyclist:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: October 04, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
I just don't understand why we need 2 basketball arenas and 2 football stadiums.  We're just one university.

we only have 1 of each.
huh? :confused:
ahearn too
yes!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: October 04, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »
That's where the POWL rehearses DLew  :shakesfist:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: October 04, 2013, 01:39:05 PM »
Install a POWL-only mezzanine in one of the proposed parking garages.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: October 04, 2013, 01:41:37 PM »

we only have 1 of each.
huh? :confused:
ahearn too
yes!

They haven't played basketball or football in those other places for years. Using your logic we actually have 3 basketball arenas. Ahearn is an okay volleyball facility and Memorial is a kick ass soccer/rugby/lacrosse stadium. Will be great when we finally get our NCAA women's soccer program.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:41 PM »
Nichol's Gym!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: October 04, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »
Pro Tip:  The plan is for the new Student Welcome Center is for a living roof, so the stadium bleachers above it are going to be transformed into a garden etc. etc.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: October 04, 2013, 02:09:32 PM »
Pro Tip:  The plan is for the new Student Welcome Center is for a living roof, so the stadium bleachers above it are going to be transformed into a garden etc. etc.

:curse: :flush:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: October 04, 2013, 02:25:37 PM »

:curse: :flush:

I like your Mora a possible candidate for Texas if Mack retires take MIR.   I wouldn't be surprised if Mora plays that for better facilities at UCLA.

Now back to facilities discussion and general happiness/outrage.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: October 04, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »
Not sure if this should go in the last nights dream thread or here.

But I had a crazy dream last night that we had taken down the East side erector set at BSFS and built a structure almost exactly like the WSC over there, the bottom 2 levels were the same (minus the training table) with stadium seating above instead of more suites/press stuff. With a similar structure on the SEZ. The north was similar to the open end of Georgia's Sanford stadium, AND we were playing Georgia. I think it stems from watching most of the Georgia/LSU game last weekend, but the stadium looked very SEC and pretty much rough ridin' awesome. Saw this thread was bumped and was hoping a 300 million dollar reno was announced to do this exact thing.  :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: October 08, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
I've been informed that there's a post on another board by someone familiar to all of us regarding Vanier 2.0 that has a certain familiar twang to it, a particular re-mindful hue if you will, a hearty whiff of deja vu.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9990 on: October 08, 2013, 08:40:31 AM »
I've been informed that there's a post on another board by someone familiar to all of us regarding Vanier 2.0 that has a certain familiar twang to it, a particular re-mindful hue if you will, a hearty whiff of deja vu.

jesus its damn near plagiarism

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: October 08, 2013, 08:43:24 AM »
Vague posts begging people to beg is a huge faux pas IMO.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: October 08, 2013, 08:45:06 AM »
oh sorry its basically a (we will call him an admin) person has started a thread on another site  :powerespect: talking about all of the ideas that are in this thread

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: October 08, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »
Hate the idea of stuff north of Kimball, guess I just like the idea of having everything south, and north of the stadium reserved for research and agronomy. But my opinion means jack squat and at the end of the day money usually talks.
emaw

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
Hate the idea of stuff north of Kimball, guess I just like the idea of having everything south, and north of the stadium reserved for research and agronomy. But my opinion means jack squat and at the end of the day money usually talks.

despite being meaningless, your opinion is dead on

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: October 08, 2013, 09:19:32 AM »
I dont care either way, my question is if we dont go north where do we put everything? we could go east but what does that do for parking/tailgating? if they build up vanier like they are suppose to then that parking lot is gone as well.

FTR i dont care about parking that much but it seems as though we are running out of space and I think the north lot is the only way to go at this point

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: October 08, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »
I dont care either way, my question is if we dont go north where do we put everything? we could go east but what does that do for parking/tailgating? if they build up vanier like they are suppose to then that parking lot is gone as well.

FTR i dont care about parking that much but it seems as though we are running out of space and I think the north lot is the only way to go at this point

Vanier should be built upon Vanier.  Put the indoor facility and practice fields to the east.  Move the displaced east parking spots North of Kimball, connected by a pedestrian bridge.  simple. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: October 08, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »

Vanier should be built upon Vanier.  Put the indoor facility and practice fields to the east.  Move the displaced east parking spots North of Kimball, connected by a pedestrian bridge.  simple.

thats great and all but is the university going to pave the north lot? seems like the ag hounds would be pissed about that

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

thats great and all but is the university going to pave the north lot? seems like the ag hounds would be pissed about that

If they're serious about developing north of kimball, what's the difference if it's an indoor facility or a parking lot.  it's a zero sum game.  leave east lot and put I.F. north of kimball or put I.F. on part of the east lot and move displaced parking north of kimball.  the footprint of the total development is the exact same. 

In any event, I doubt they do anything north of Kimball for some time.  Moving indoor facility isn't a priority.  Vanier is.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9999 on: October 08, 2013, 10:47:17 AM »

Can we just put the practice fields and the indoor facility in the lot next to the rowing house?