Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4023250 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5225 on: April 04, 2013, 08:38:33 AM »
is all the plumbing and electrical work done?

DAM UNIONS!!!  :shakesfist:

that's why i asked.  we could be mumped.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: April 04, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »
Even though I (probably) can guess what it's for, but when I was looking at the construction cams today I saw them putting in what appears to be another level inserted at the top of the structure right above what would be the operations floor but obviously below the roof line. I would guess it's for camera/TV operations but I what surprised me is how it's not really noticeable until they began to work on it.

Compare:

I guess I'm a little surprised because I wasn't expecting it? :dunno:

It also looks like they added an elite balcony in the second picture off the University/President's Lounge area on the right side.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: April 04, 2013, 11:53:23 AM »
is all the plumbing and electrical work done?

plumbing should be done if they've started going vertical. electrical... idk  :ohno:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: April 04, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/65679/mailbag-new-stadiums-schedules-recruits

Taylor in Virginia writes: Ubbs -- You post somewhat frequently about BU's new stadium and its progress, and always had lots to say about TCU's additions and renovations last year... but I've rarely seen anything about K-State's $75M West Stadium Center and its progress. That is just a huge and important to K-State as the other two schools... how about some coverage and feedback from the Big 12 Blogger. Thanks and EMAW.

DU: K-State's upgrade is nice, and the plans look good, but it's not on the level of either stadium. Baylor's building a brand-new stadium right on the Brazos River that looks incredibly picturesque. TCU just completely rebuilt most of its stadium.

K-State's upgrades will be nice, but they're nowhere near as expansive as TCU's or Baylor, which is why they haven't drawn nearly as much attention. It'll be a nice addition for KSU, but TCU got a major facelift and Baylor got a whole new stadium transplant.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: April 04, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »
aka our stadium wasn't as big of a rough ridin' dump beforehand

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: April 04, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
I hate ubbs and I hope he dies!
emaw

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: April 04, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »

It's not worth getting butthurt about.  He's right, TCU and Baylor built/are building a completely new stadium while we are just building a new press box.  If we set off some dynamite on December 2nd (day after Texas game), took it all down and rebuilt the whole thing in the offseason, that would be getting a lot more attention.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: April 04, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »
I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE
emaw

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: April 04, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
Even though I (probably) can guess what it's for, but when I was looking at the construction cams today I saw them putting in what appears to be another level inserted at the top of the structure right above what would be the operations floor but obviously below the roof line. I would guess it's for camera/TV operations but I what surprised me is how it's not really noticeable until they began to work on it.

Compare:

It also looks like they added an elite balcony in the second picture off the University/President's Lounge area on the right side.
Looks like the networks have decided to put a camera in the corner of the field rather than right in front of MadCat.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: April 04, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »

Compare:

Good catch  :cheers:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: April 04, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
We should play all our games in arrowhead.  The older I get, the less motivation I have to attend games.  I think this is something we can all agree upon.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: April 04, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »
We should play all our games in arrowhead.  The older I get, the less motivation I have to attend games.  I think this is something we can all agree upon.
Just stop posting with this crap, kimmy.  :dubious:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: April 04, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »

i agree kim.  i live in manhattan and have no desire to go though the trouble it takes to go to a football game.  also i am old.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5238 on: April 05, 2013, 12:39:55 AM »

It's not worth getting butthurt about.  He's right, TCU and Baylor built/are building a completely new stadium while we are just building a new press box.  If we set off some dynamite on December 2nd (day after Texas game), took it all down and rebuilt the whole thing in the offseason, that would be getting a lot more attention.

We're not doing it all at once.  The end result will be comparable.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:08 AM »
Folks, don't pay any attention to no nothings on this subject like Ubben.

:nerdalert

I've followed this stuff for years.   When you look at the scope of the WSC and compare it to other projects with similar scopes.  That being just pressbox/suites/clubs, ingress/egress, concessions and amenities on just one side of the stadium.   Not touching any other parts of the stadium or adding any new seating or redoing any of the existing seating in the seating bowl/decks.   WSC is one of the most expensive, if not THE most expensive project of its kind to date in the facilities arms race.   Yes, other projects have been more expensive but the scope of the project in every case has been much more expansive; rebuilding (or building new) entire stadiums, or renovating the entirety of a stadium.  WSC is just one side of the stadium, and because of the way BSFS is built there's not 10's of millions of dollars being poured into the mundane task of supporting the structure atop an above grade seating bowl.  Yet, that said, the projected cost is $75 million dollars. 

Stanford rebuilt it's entire football stadium, paying premium prices to have it completed in just one year for just $15 million dollars more than WSC.   CFU built a brand new 50,000 seat football stadium for $25 million less than WSC just a few years ago.   OU spent $125 million and that touched literally everything about their stadium, their "Vanier Complex" and other items.   TCU and Okie State literally rebuilt their entire stadiums so the scope of those projects is not comparable to WSC.    Texas Tech spent $84 million and basically re-did their entire stadium, and the WSC will cost $25 million more than the press box/suites and renovated restrooms/concessions they built.   Baylor is building an entirely new stadium from scratch. 

I've looked at, read the particulars etc on nearly every major facilities project at every D1 (FBS and FCS) school across the country over the last 20 years (and in some cases before) . . . WSC is as big time as it gets kids.   :emawkid:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:18 AM »
Maybe what Ubbs thinks we're missing are some trees and a limestone wall?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: April 05, 2013, 08:19:37 AM »

I've followed this stuff for years.   When you look at the scope of the WSC and compare it to other projects with similar scopes.  That being just pressbox/suites/clubs, ingress/egress, concessions and amenities on just one side of the stadium.   Not touching any other parts of the stadium or adding any new seating or redoing any of the existing seating in the seating bowl/decks.   WSC is one of the most expensive, if not THE most expensive project of its kind to date in the facilities arms race.   Yes, other projects have been more expensive but the scope of the project in every case has been much more expansive; rebuilding (or building new) entire stadiums, or renovating the entirety of a stadium.  WSC is just one side of the stadium, and because of the way BSFS is built there's not 10's of millions of dollars being poured into the mundane task of supporting the structure atop an above grade seating bowl.  Yet, that said, the projected cost is $75 million dollars. 

Stanford rebuilt it's entire football stadium, paying premium prices to have it completed in just one year for just $15 million dollars more than WSC.   CFU built a brand new 50,000 seat football stadium for $25 million less than WSC just a few years ago.   OU spent $125 million and that touched literally everything about their stadium, their "Vanier Complex" and other items.   TCU and Okie State literally rebuilt their entire stadiums so the scope of those projects is not comparable to WSC.    Texas Tech spent $84 million and basically re-did their entire stadium, and the WSC will cost $25 million more than the press box/suites and renovated restrooms/concessions they built.   Baylor is building an entirely new stadium from scratch. 

I've looked at, read the particulars etc on nearly every major facilities project at every D1 (FBS and FCS) school across the country over the last 20 years (and in some cases before) . . . WSC is as big time as it gets kids.   :emawkid:

ubs' whole point is that the scope is not the same and he's right.  if he was writing an article about west side expansions, i'm sure he would have included a glowing review of our limestone veneer castle.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: April 05, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »

:)  :gocho:  :ksu:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5243 on: April 05, 2013, 09:43:38 AM »
Maybe what Ubbs thinks we're missing are some trees and a limestone wall?

I think what Ubbs is missing is that this is Phase 2.5 of 6.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: April 05, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »
I don't think it's veneer, but only because I seem to recall seeing large pallets of stone in the photos.  I suppose they could have been pallets of veneer.   :dunno:

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: April 05, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Ubbs won't be impressed until the Press-amenities situation improves.  :shakesfist:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: April 05, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
currie will need to roll out the red carpet for ubbs this season, then in the future maybe he'll stick his neck out for us
emaw

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »
currie will need to roll out the red carpet for ubbs this season, then in the future maybe he'll stick his neck out for us
:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »

ubs' whole point is that the scope is not the same and he's right.  if he was writing an article about west side expansions, i'm sure he would have included a glowing review of our limestone veneer castle.

I believe it's only veneer in the sense that the stone itself isn't load bearing, construction guys will have to follow up on that, but it's not like they put up all concrete walls and then just put a thin limestone veneer over it . . . son.   Ubbs at times is just an SID regurgitating troll . . .  GTFOMF with your noise . . . son.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: April 05, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »

bravo.