Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4077471 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #3950 on: August 21, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »
Eventually the tents will go away, but not for a while.  THESE THINGS TAKE TIME, PEOPLE.

Will the bushleague metal bleachers go away Dlew?  :embarrassed:
Actually maybe not.  I don't really know. 

CC?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: August 21, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »
Who cares about the tents? I have honestly never thought about them. Not once. SB is right, the metal bleachers are by far the worst.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: August 21, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
how much would you guys forgive currie if he moved the limestone wall up to whatever phase we're in now? 

didn't someone say it costs like $300k to build?  how is that possible?  you'd think they could buy the DU's 10 kegs of beers and they'd mine the limestone, mix the concrete, and build it themselves in a weekend.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: August 21, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »
how much would you guys forgive currie if he moved the limestone wall up to whatever phase we're in now? 

didn't someone say it costs like $300k to build?  how is that possible?  you'd think they could buy the DU's 10 kegs of beers and they'd mine the limestone, mix the concrete, and build it themselves in a weekend.

Yeah, and it would look like some frat guys built it after drinking 10 kegs of beer.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: August 21, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »

Yeah, and it would look like some frat guys built it after drinking 10 kegs of beer.

And it would fall down within a week because said frat guys would have no idea how to handle water seeping into their footing holes. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: August 21, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »

And it would fall down within a week because said frat guys would have no idea how to handle water seeping into their footing holes. 

wow you guys must have been in the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) frat.  no surprise, no surprise.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: August 21, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »

I think the fact that the wall was in the shape of a giant set of tits would supersede the footing hole issue.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: August 21, 2012, 07:11:32 PM »

Well...the DU's have been promised kegs in the past...

Anyways, listen, I've slept in MULTIPLE lofts/caves built by my frat bros. I don't think building some wall is exactly rocket surgery to these guys.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: August 21, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »
didnt read anything just skipped to page 159 but when will this be finished?
#LIFE

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #3959 on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:17 PM »
Well, there are 2 (well really 3 but the use one for cool down area) grass practice fields Bill could use, instead of using the stadium all the time.   That's one reason why the field always looks all Janky, with infill up on the surface all the time . . . which makes me wonder if K-State has ever invested in the proper infill surface maintenance equipment.   Instead of just dragging the field like its a dirt infield or something.

It takes11 minutes to get everybody to the indoor and 13 to the grass.

Bill feels that losing 22-26 minutes of practice is unacceptable.

They only use the indoor/grass in cases of inclement weather or specific game prep.

True Story

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #3960 on: August 21, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
Only rich ass Americas have county fairs. Funnel cakes and tents that dispense them are conspicuous signals of ksu opulence. That goes for sausage pretzel and nacho tents as well

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: August 21, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »
Well, there are 2 (well really 3 but the use one for cool down area) grass practice fields Bill could use, instead of using the stadium all the time.   That's one reason why the field always looks all Janky, with infill up on the surface all the time . . . which makes me wonder if K-State has ever invested in the proper infill surface maintenance equipment.   Instead of just dragging the field like its a dirt infield or something.

It takes11 minutes to get everybody to the indoor and 13 to the grass.

Bill feels that losing 22-26 minutes of practice is unacceptable.

They only use the indoor/grass in cases of inclement weather or specific game prep.

True Story

If that is truly the case then Snyder needs to have a chat with rich rod.  I find it hard to believe that he couldn't just have practice start when kids hit the grass.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: August 22, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
they're filling the giant roman candle holders in with cement on the north cam this morning.  i wonder why.  currie cut the roman candle budget?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: August 22, 2012, 07:48:02 AM »
they're filling the giant roman candle holders in with cement on the north cam this morning.  i wonder why.  currie cut the roman candle budget?

FYJC

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: August 22, 2012, 07:48:48 AM »

You sure they aren't filling them with wax?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:33 AM »
i wonder how long that giant concrete slab will take to cure.  my guess?  3 months.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: August 22, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
There are men all over the place.  Great morning to build a football stadium, I guess.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 22, 2012, 08:00:19 AM »
maybe they just now realized that they are going to have thousands of people in there in less than 10 days?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 22, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
with such a big project i wonder how they know what to do first and in what order.
it's not like this thing came with a set of instructions.
you think they'd have a guy with a clipboard and a list of stuff that needs to be done.  i haven't seen one yet. 

concern is growing in my camp that currie cut the clipboard guy from the budget in an attempt to save a few bucks.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: August 22, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »

concern is growing in my camp that currie cut the clipboard guy from the budget in an attempt to save a few bucks.

People ITK are saying that JC and clipboard guy have had a serious personality conflict.  Final straw was when JC went behind clipboard guy's back and fired pipe fitting guy for taking a non-union, residential plumbing job.   

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »

People ITK are saying that JC and clipboard guy have had a serious personality conflict.  Final straw was when JC went behind clipboard guy's back and fired pipe fitting guy for taking a non-union, residential plumbing job.

Weird S on the south cam just a minute or two ago.  Some dude comes sprinting on the new concrete from the bottom of the frame and heads to the gate area and squeezed out of a gap by the redish storage container by what must be the temporary Cat's Closet.  A few second later I see him pulling away in a get away car.

Now, it didn't look like he had stolen anything (unless he had accessed Snyder's super-secret scheme to keep the Missouri State game close), so my first thought went to someone from there board getting pic's or something cool.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: August 24, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »
South Cam  :runaway:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »
is it raining in mhk or did the construction crew just treat themselves to way too many bud light pounders last night?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »
What do you think that crane operator does all day in his down time?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »
What do you think that crane operator does all day in his down time?

Read goEMAW.com.