Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993181 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21725 on: August 07, 2022, 11:06:07 AM »
It’s going to be weird tailgating & having the stadium blocked. Not complaining, it’s just going to take a few games to get used to.
I bet you'll be just fine not looking at the back of bleachers and an elevator shaft.
Yeah but those were some hot back of bleachers and an elevator shaft
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21726 on: August 07, 2022, 01:36:43 PM »
It’s going to be weird tailgating & having the stadium blocked. Not complaining, it’s just going to take a few games to get used to.
I bet you'll be just fine not looking at the back of bleachers and an elevator shaft.

You spend 20 years doing something to the same view, it’s going to be weird when it changes.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21727 on: August 07, 2022, 02:22:08 PM »

You spend 20 years doing something to the same view, it’s going to be weird when it changes.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21728 on: August 08, 2022, 07:57:51 AM »
Sometimes you just wanna see some shaft it’s nbd you guys

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21729 on: August 08, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »
 :fatty:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21730 on: August 08, 2022, 10:01:49 AM »

Folks in the grass lot are going to have to use something other than the LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium letters on the east side to find their tail gates.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21731 on: August 08, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »

Folks in the grass lot are going to have to use something other than the LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium letters on the east side to find their tail gates.

It's be even better once the planted trees with this project mature.

Also, I will now always feel like I need to go throw some fade routes, or kick a few field goals at the facility during hammered tailgate.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21732 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:23 AM »

Never thought of this

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #21733 on: August 08, 2022, 10:35:16 AM »

Folks in the grass lot are going to have to use something other than the LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium letters on the east side to find their tail gates.

Never thought of this
Grass lot is gone. All paved now with numbers.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21734 on: August 08, 2022, 10:41:52 AM »
crisis averted

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21735 on: August 08, 2022, 11:37:44 AM »

Also, I will now always feel like I need to go throw some fade routes, or kick a few field goals at the facility during hammered tailgate.

have they confirmed they're going to open this up on gamedays? Would be pretty awesome for kids etc

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21736 on: August 08, 2022, 01:15:35 PM »

Helpful with respect to forgetting to go back in for the 3rd quarter.

I've got this skill mastered

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21737 on: August 08, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »

have they confirmed they're going to open this up on gamedays? Would be pretty awesome for kids etc

Gene said it would be open for events, there's no way it's going to be open to everybody, it will be for premium ticket holders or event ticket holders. They aren't going to have Joe Hoisington and his 6 grandkids throwing the ball around on that field on game days.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21738 on: August 08, 2022, 03:21:02 PM »

Gene said it would be open for events, there's no way it's going to be open to everybody, it will be for premium ticket holders or event ticket holders. They aren't going to have Joe Hoisington and his 6 grandkids throwing the ball around on that field on game days.

Nebraska does this at their facility on game days. No idea if it’s an extra fee, but it is pretty cool. They set up bounce houses and such.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21739 on: August 08, 2022, 05:57:37 PM »
Hmmmm interesting. Even when they had the Ahearn Fund cookout on the practice field they roped off all those other fields stopping people from getting on them, maybe a Snyder thing.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21740 on: August 08, 2022, 06:14:00 PM »
I mean, they let people onto the field after like 20/30 minutes at the end of the game, kids and crap run around on it, so why not practice ones before the game?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21741 on: August 08, 2022, 06:59:24 PM »
I probably spent more time in Brandeberry than actually watching the game in the early 90s. So much 2v2 football and “high” jump practice going on in there.

Not a weed reference, just no bar, so we would run and dive on the pads.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21742 on: August 08, 2022, 10:16:08 PM »
Hmmmm interesting. Even when they had the Ahearn Fund cookout on the practice field they roped off all those other fields stopping people from getting on them, maybe a Snyder thing.

Probably a combo of Snyder and those being real grass fields, whereas the new outdoor field will be turf I’m assuming.

As “family friendly” as kstate purports to be I think this makes sense. I’m surprised they haven’t set up a kid play area inside bsfs honestly.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21743 on: August 09, 2022, 02:49:26 PM »
Good photo from twitter of the volleyball/olympic center:

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21744 on: August 10, 2022, 12:48:08 AM »
Damn, that thing is going up fast.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21745 on: August 10, 2022, 07:21:42 PM »
it’s also way too small

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21746 on: August 10, 2022, 07:50:38 PM »
Why is it too small?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21747 on: August 10, 2022, 07:58:55 PM »
It should have been at least….twice that big.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21748 on: August 10, 2022, 09:26:37 PM »
Seems plenty big.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21749 on: August 10, 2022, 10:19:28 PM »
Some say it shouldn't exist at all.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.