Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3982286 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21500 on: December 10, 2021, 03:06:29 PM »
yeah it's approaching 30 years old, shitty, and in an inconvenient location. was :love: when it was built tho

p sure it was one of the first indoor collegiate practice facilities.

The new one looks like it'll be super nice, but I saw renderings of Oregon's new facility recently. Good. Lord.

Correct, but nearly every program has built one since so it's definitely time.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21501 on: December 10, 2021, 03:22:41 PM »
yeah it's approaching 30 years old, shitty, and in an inconvenient location. was :love: when it was built tho

p sure it was one of the first indoor collegiate practice facilities.

The new one looks like it'll be super nice, but I saw renderings of Oregon's new facility recently. Good. Lord.

Correct, but nearly every program has built one since so it's definitely time.

yes agreed. was just pointing out how old it was

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21502 on: December 10, 2021, 03:31:40 PM »
If both schools stay until the GOR is up, the remaining 8 will only get $10,000,000 each. That's not much toward that cost of Bramlage, it's going to likely be high 8 figures, if not $100 million plus. They should take that money, and put it in an endowment for athletics only. $10 million would yield half a million dollars in interest annually.

The idea of pouring of 100 million into Bramlage is very  :bang:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21503 on: December 10, 2021, 03:39:18 PM »
If both schools stay until the GOR is up, the remaining 8 will only get $10,000,000 each. That's not much toward that cost of Bramlage, it's going to likely be high 8 figures, if not $100 million plus. They should take that money, and put it in an endowment for athletics only. $10 million would yield half a million dollars in interest annually.

Virginia Tech recently did a renovation of their arena that was only the seating bowl that cost $90 million. The Bramlage renovation will be interior and exterior.

I mean the fact that we're already going to do extensive renovations and for the last decade+ have been making improvements is a very good thing. There are arenas in the conference that are older and not any better than Bramlage that haven't and won't be touched. Hilton isn't any better than Bramlage, just bigger. Nether is Lloyd Noble. We could leave Bramlage untouched and it would still be just fine in the realm of college basketball arenas. It's cool that were going to have an NBA style arena.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21504 on: December 10, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »

Virginia Tech recently did a renovation of their arena that was only the seating bowl that cost $90 million. The Bramlage renovation will be interior and exterior.

I mean the fact that we're already going to do extensive renovations and for the last decade+ have been making improvements is a very good thing. There are arenas in the conference that are older and not any better than Bramlage that haven't and won't be touched. Hilton isn't any better than Bramlage, just bigger. Nether is Lloyd Noble. We could leave Bramlage untouched and it would still be just fine in the realm of college basketball arenas. It's cool that were going to have an NBA style arena.

Bramlage is not going to be mistaken for any NBA arena unless you're talking about NBA arenas from decades ago.

FWIW the proposed Bramlage rennos were supposed to be less than 100 mil although with todays pricing I could see it rising to that level. Comparing Bramlage to Hilton or Lloyd Noble (which OU is looking at replacing) is a bar I would hope we would aim higher than.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21505 on: December 10, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »

Bramlage is not going to be mistaken for any NBA arena unless you're talking about NBA arenas from decades ago.

FWIW the proposed Bramlage rennos were supposed to be less than 100 mil although with todays pricing I could see it rising to that level. Comparing Bramlage to Hilton or Lloyd Noble (which OU is looking at replacing) is a bar I would hope we would aim higher than.

I wasn't aware of any bramlage reno proposals. has anything concrete come out about it?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21506 on: December 10, 2021, 05:47:50 PM »

I wasn't aware of any bramlage reno proposals. has anything concrete come out about it?

Yes--the entire structure.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21507 on: December 10, 2021, 07:22:11 PM »

No offense but you missed the entire point of my post. Firstly I know it won't be confused with an NBA arena, it's going to hold like 10,000 fans. I was speaking about look, feel, and amenities, especially in premium areas.

I mentioned Hilton and LNA to point out that doing these renovations to a 35 year old arena doesn't constitute failure but financial success. Those arenas and many others like it across the country are much older and no better than what we have now. I'd hope when we do these renovations we'd have the best facility in the conference, including Texas's new multiuse facility.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21508 on: December 11, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »
Some good pics popped up on a sponsored ad for me.

(Looks like you can visit David Mayes Photography online to purchase)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21509 on: December 11, 2021, 10:39:06 AM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21510 on: December 11, 2021, 01:47:27 PM »
Last two pics are both hot AF

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21511 on: December 11, 2021, 05:49:48 PM »
Last two pics are both hot AF
QFMFT

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21512 on: December 12, 2021, 07:42:29 AM »
I don’t have an issue with renovating Bramlage because of its age. I actually wish it was older so it wasn’t built at the height of concert tours hitting college towns & built as a multi-purpose arena. I know they’ll never build a new basketball specific facility, but I also hate spending 9 figures on a multipurpose arena that has been solely for basketball for 25 years. I don’t care how nice the rest of it is, its still a cheaply, poorly built multipurpose arena where they didn’t want to dig too deep or build too high, so it’s too shallow, the seats from baseline out are horrible & maybe 20% of the seats are decent. We’re still going to end up with a 10k seat arena where 60% of the seats are way too far from the court & unless the team is really good they’ll have trouble filling it.

The bi-center in Salina was built in 1976, holds 7,500 & is a much better facility to watch basketball in. I’d much rather be starting with it as the base for a $100,000,000 renovation than Bramlage. The only pro to Bram is that it’s poor design for watching basketball turns it into a loud drum the 1-2 games a year it’s full enough to get the sound effect, but is dead quite the rest of the games.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 07:51:10 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21513 on: December 12, 2021, 05:17:31 PM »
They should demolish the entire top part, do whatever they're going to do to the seating bowl, then build a limeston Ahearn-like structure on top with cool windows, one of those sound-reverberating peaked roofs, and call it good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21514 on: December 12, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »
They should demolish the entire top part, do whatever they're going to do to the seating bowl, then build a limeston Ahearn-like structure on top with cool windows, one of those sound-reverberating peaked roofs, and call it good.
Somewhere on the interwebs there is a mockup of this very idea. Instead of Ahearn-like though they should make it look like Nichols. It would match Vanier and WSC better that way.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21515 on: December 12, 2021, 07:21:56 PM »
Somewhere on the interwebs there is a mockup of this very idea. Instead of Ahearn-like though they should make it look like Nichols. It would match Vanier and WSC better that way.

What about Ahearn-like windows and roof and the sick castle turret things that nichols has?

:ksu: 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21516 on: December 12, 2021, 07:29:33 PM »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline thunderbowlt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21517 on: December 12, 2021, 08:12:04 PM »

I think they should spend a few thousand to move the current indoor facility a few feet to the right to line things up a bit better.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21518 on: December 12, 2021, 09:28:33 PM »

I think they should spend a few thousand to move the current indoor facility a few feet to the right to line things up a bit better.

have they said what the old indoor facility will be used for once the new one opens?

Online tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21519 on: December 12, 2021, 10:04:30 PM »
Thought I had heard indoor track but :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21520 on: December 13, 2021, 12:22:46 AM »
Thought I had heard indoor track but :dunno:

Correct

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21521 on: December 13, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »
Well, the outside won't really work now since the renovations to BSFS, but damn... this is so beautiful inside.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21522 on: December 13, 2021, 08:31:25 AM »
Well, the outside won't really work now since the renovations to BSFS, but damn... this is so beautiful inside.

Yes, the top photo would have to be way different, but they could easily make something with the main traits work. It would be awesome. Like, OSU but better imo.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21523 on: December 13, 2021, 08:49:29 AM »
There were some renderings being shown to donors and the rumor was that the possible plans were referenced to how they did the Fertitta Center in Houston. Obviously not the exact same, but how the demo's one side of the facility, made more luxury seating, etc. The Bram renovations were shown to do that to the west side, and making it a 2 level facility on that side.

Here are a few pics of that renovation for reference:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21524 on: December 13, 2021, 09:09:14 AM »
Of note, their renovation cut capacity about 16% from 8,500 down to 7,100 (a similar % would put Bramlage at 10,500-ish).