Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916582 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21450 on: November 22, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »
K-State Athletics needs to stop letting people leave at halftime.  Really just kills the atmosphere.

Honestly not sure that would even help until they start to serve alcohol in the entire stadium as well.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21451 on: November 22, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
Saturday was my first time at a game in person in like 8 years. Its been the perfect combo of all my money going to Chiefs/Royals (2 World Series runs is exhausting!), having kids in little kid sports on Saturdays, working in food service for years, the Cats being ok but not great, etc.

A few thoughts:

1. Our stade is beautiful. The entire thing is perfect, and the whole thing is breathtaking to walk into. They've done an elite job every step of the way. I hadn't even seen the new NEZ yet and boy howdy it is great!

2. The pass out thing is so dumb. I honestly have never understood the appeal, but do more people go out of the stade now than used to or am I imagining that? I can't be too much of a 'oh you gotta stay and support the team' guy when I haven't been to a game since Jake Waters was QB, but its so dumb. There were really big defensive plays right before half and the stade is emptying out as they're happening. Also, I know I'm a band nerd or whatever, but our band is phenomenal and has been getting consistently better for a decade. You're really (I'm not exaggerating) missing out on a world class performance so you can run to your car and drink another coors. Its weird.

3. Is filling the stade even possible at this point on a regular basis? You have to remember a lot of those huge crowds in the past had 8k Nebraska or 5K Oklahoma fans. Maybe take the upper deck on the east side down to a party porch? I dunno.

4. I think the crowd had a chance to really be into the game, but the game was just a turd. There just wasn't much to cheer for.

Overall I'd like to say Go Cats.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21452 on: November 22, 2021, 11:54:01 AM »
It was my first game since '19, and I'd echo CF3's thoughts.  Really impressive.  The Shamrock Zone really feels like the stadium is pretty well closed now. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21453 on: November 22, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »
2. The pass out thing is so dumb. I honestly have never understood the appeal, but do more people go out of the stade now than used to or am I imagining that? I can't be too much of a 'oh you gotta stay and support the team' guy when I haven't been to a game since Jake Waters was QB, but its so dumb. There were really big defensive plays right before half and the stade is emptying out as they're happening. Also, I know I'm a band nerd or whatever, but our band is phenomenal and has been getting consistently better for a decade. You're really (I'm not exaggerating) missing out on a world class performance so you can run to your car and drink another coors. Its weird.

People go where their interests are fulfilled.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21454 on: November 22, 2021, 01:19:43 PM »
Just sell beer in the stadium thru the 3rd qtr. It's not hard, and would make tons of money.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21455 on: November 22, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »

3. Is filling the stade even possible at this point on a regular basis? You have to remember a lot of those huge crowds in the past had 8k Nebraska or 5K Oklahoma fans. Maybe take the upper deck on the east side down to a party porch? I dunno.

They need to tear down the East Side and mirror the west side w/ suites and club seats etc. Those upper deck seats cant be fun once you get into late october/november.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21456 on: November 22, 2021, 01:42:39 PM »
i sit in the second row of the upper deck and it's incredible.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21457 on: November 22, 2021, 01:53:43 PM »
i sit in the second row of the upper deck and it's incredible.
Anyplace between the 20 yard lines up there is just a great view.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21458 on: November 22, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »
Saturday was my first time at a game in person in like 8 years. Its been the perfect combo of all my money going to Chiefs/Royals (2 World Series runs is exhausting!), having kids in little kid sports on Saturdays, working in food service for years, the Cats being ok but not great, etc.

A few thoughts:

1. Our stade is beautiful. The entire thing is perfect, and the whole thing is breathtaking to walk into. They've done an elite job every step of the way. I hadn't even seen the new NEZ yet and boy howdy it is great!

4. I think the crowd had a chance to really be into the game, but the game was just a turd. There just wasn't much to cheer for.

Overall I'd like to say Go Cats.
The band is great and they did their best show of the year on Sat. Sad that the stadium is only about 1/4 occupied for their performance. If fans leave their seat before the start of 4Q to get concessions, they could be standing in a line for 30 minutes. I've been to 3 games this season, and lines for concessions have been really bad this year, imho. I wouldn't contend with the lines but I have kids with me that get hungry during the game and getting concessions is usually a highlight of the gameday experience for them.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21459 on: November 22, 2021, 04:15:12 PM »
I was at the WV game last week.  I stood in line the entire half time and first couple minutes of the third quarter only to be told they were out of most things I wanted.  I was probably only the 7th or 8th person when I joined the line.   Next booth over was the same story for someone else in my group.  I’ve only sat in the club level the last few years until this game.  Is it always this way or is this a new problem?

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21460 on: November 22, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »
i was thrilled to watch the Pride's bi-annual Chicago review.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21461 on: November 22, 2021, 07:47:58 PM »
I was at the WV game last week.  I stood in line the entire half time and first couple minutes of the third quarter only to be told they were out of most things I wanted.  I was probably only the 7th or 8th person when I joined the line.   Next booth over was the same story for someone else in my group.  I’ve only sat in the club level the last few years until this game.  Is it always this way or is this a new problem?

I feel ya... I went to a town festival about a month ago and none of the vendors had fried pickle spears. (national pickle spear shortage)

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21462 on: November 22, 2021, 09:11:39 PM »
Was it a pickle spear festival?  I’d like to go to that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21463 on: November 22, 2021, 11:32:04 PM »
I don't think filling the stadium is really an option at this point and it has nothing to do with the product on the field. I watched the start of Ohio State v Michigan State, a top 10 matchup and they had their upper corners empty just like we did.

As far as passouts go, I'm all for ending them, I don't nor would I ever park in the lot. However, they absolutely need to do something about the concession lines if they are going to add beer sales. The lines are already now completely unbearable, they will need to add lots of pop up beer stands.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21464 on: November 23, 2021, 01:12:20 AM »
Just sell beer in the stadium thru the 3rd qtr. It's not hard, and would make tons of money.
They already do on the tailgate terrace. It doesn't keep people in their seats but keeps them in the stadium I guess.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21465 on: November 23, 2021, 08:17:10 AM »
Was it a pickle spear festival?  I’d like to go to that.

I wish. I would go to that with you, tdaver.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21466 on: November 23, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
Here's how we solve the issue.

Make the top of the east side similar to right field at coors field. Put like 3 or 4 bars there. Call it something cheesy like Aggieville at the Bill.

before:

after

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21467 on: November 23, 2021, 08:22:31 AM »
Aggiebill obvs

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21468 on: November 23, 2021, 08:25:51 AM »

This made me laugh because it is very true.  The band is great, but it seems like we like to recycle shows from years past.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21469 on: November 23, 2021, 08:26:16 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21470 on: November 23, 2021, 08:29:06 AM »

I think it's supply chain stuff.  I usually don't buy much in the stadium but I haven't heard of it being an issue before this year.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21471 on: November 23, 2021, 08:36:04 AM »
Aggiebill obvs

:Chirp:

It would just turn into a row of Johnny Kaw's brands or whatever.... but imagine a shot stop at a Cat game!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21472 on: November 23, 2021, 09:10:17 AM »

This made me laugh because it is very true.  The band is great, but it seems like we like to recycle shows from years past.
Don't @ me but I'm kind of a Chicago stan so I never get tired of hearing their music. Seems like there was a time when the halftime show always featured music from "The Rock Opera, Tommy." I've never really interacted with Tommy in the rest of my day-to-day life.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21473 on: November 23, 2021, 09:26:51 AM »
yeah i like chicago too, and it's good material for a marching band performance because of all the horns.  it's just funny tracz just keeps going back to that well.

"And now for the final song, recorded in 1969 and released in 1970, it's 25 or 6 to 4! *bumbumbumbumbum* - *bumbumbumbumbum* - *bumbumbumbumbum* *bumbumbumbum bumbumbumbum*"

hell yeah

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21474 on: November 23, 2021, 09:39:22 AM »
yeah i like chicago too, and it's good material for a marching band performance because of all the horns.  it's just funny tracz just keeps going back to that well.

"And now for the final song, recorded in 1969 and released in 1970, it's 25 or 6 to 4! *bumbumbumbumbum* - *bumbumbumbumbum* - *bumbumbumbumbum* *bumbumbumbum bumbumbumbum*"

hell yeah
:lol: