Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3994128 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18925 on: March 07, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18926 on: March 07, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »
Almost impossible to fit a 134,000 plus square foot building and mirror that end zone with the South unless wanted new Vanier to be utterly inefficient or have no parking

Yes, which is why I said the NE corner should be symmetrical with the NW corner. South End Zone was never brought up.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18927 on: March 07, 2016, 05:30:37 PM »
man, remember when we had a shitty stadium with a shitty press box and no amenities? Now we're like "man, this beautiful new stadium is just not very SYMMETRICAL!" #BLESSED

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18928 on: March 07, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
I know. It's great. We used to have lights that were Bishop Stadium'y.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18929 on: March 07, 2016, 09:30:20 PM »
Symmetrical is overrated.

:thumbs:

I like a little asymmetry, adds some difference and charm
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18930 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:36 PM »
have they already purchased the ice family big screen part 2 or is that in a different phase?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18931 on: March 07, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »
rent-to-own
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18932 on: March 07, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »

What they do with the south and how they re-do/renovate the east will define the stadium. If there's not some symmetry, BSFS will be an expensive WTF.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18933 on: March 07, 2016, 11:08:35 PM »

What they do with the south and how they re-do/renovate the east will define the stadium. If there's not some symmetry, BSFS will be an expensive WTF.

Possibly, so far what I've heard is ESC is more retrofit than anything, and SEZ will be club seating. There will be some fragmentation, and somethings might be a tad jarring, but I'd imagine it'll flow a lot better than you think. But, I can be proven wrong, and I'm willing to accept it. I'll be happy though regardless, we've come a long way.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18934 on: March 08, 2016, 12:06:19 AM »

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18935 on: March 08, 2016, 05:57:08 AM »
I usually love symmetry but considering i wanted a bobcat zoo in the ne corner, i guess this is fine.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18936 on: March 08, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »
I usually love symmetry but considering i wanted a bobcat zoo in the ne corner, i guess this is fine.

petting zoo..............name everything Willie, no matter what it is .........the kiddos will  :love:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18937 on: March 08, 2016, 09:08:41 AM »

Possibly, so far what I've heard is ESC is more retrofit than anything, and SEZ will be club seating. There will be some fragmentation, and somethings might be a tad jarring, but I'd imagine it'll flow a lot better than you think. But, I can be proven wrong, and I'm willing to accept it. I'll be happy though regardless, we've come a long way.

You're not wrong, and I'm sure it will look ok, I'm just selfish and want the best.

I personally think they should complete the field wall, sound system and put a big scoreboard on the south end. Then come up with a few different plans for the south and east long term (from simple to extravagant), spend the next 5-8 years or something fundraising/gauging interest levels, analyzing the program/state of college football, MHK population growth and possible seating expansion/downsizing, etc., and then make the best decision. I feel like putting 10's of millions into the east just to bring it up to par would be shortsighted and similarly stupid to the vanier renos 10 years ago. But I'm also an idiot most of the time, so who knows.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18938 on: March 08, 2016, 10:12:51 AM »

You're not wrong, and I'm sure it will look ok, I'm just selfish and want the best.

I personally think they should complete the field wall, sound system and put a big scoreboard on the south end. Then come up with a few different plans for the south and east long term (from simple to extravagant), spend the next 5-8 years or something fundraising/gauging interest levels, analyzing the program/state of college football, MHK population growth and possible seating expansion/downsizing, etc., and then make the best decision. I feel like putting 10's of millions into the east just to bring it up to par would be shortsighted and similarly stupid to the vanier renos 10 years ago. But I'm also an idiot most of the time, so who knows.
I could gaf about the east side. It looks fine from the interior, which is what 95% of people see in TV anyway. South ez has to be the next project. It's a cluster eff over there.

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18939 on: March 08, 2016, 10:56:47 AM »
SEZ/Bramlage concourse renovations are next.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18940 on: March 08, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »
SEZ/Bramlage concourse renovations are next.

More star trek glasses?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18941 on: March 08, 2016, 01:58:45 PM »
Jordy Nelson & Geordi La Forge Family End Zone

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18942 on: March 08, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »
i'm having trouble getting excited about facility projects when our programs blow such complete ass.  I mean, with basketball in particular, what is the point? 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18943 on: March 08, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »
can't some 'seeds from western ks donate some landscaping from their farms for our parking lots?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18944 on: March 08, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »
i'm having trouble getting excited about facility projects when our programs blow such complete ass.  I mean, with basketball in particular, what is the point?

oh man

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18945 on: March 08, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »
can't some 'seeds from western ks donate some landscaping from their farms for our parking lots?

Remember this, he makes good points.

Quote from: Impartial KU guy
The football stadium is truly a hole in the ground! On the side of the stadium are banners proudly showing their only athletic glory-- Old Balls bowls. We walked by the new office complex to the other side. Their new building looks nice but I think Anderson is nicer. The West Side does look like a prison (fitting since that’s who only would go to that hell hole.) The Stadium is a hodgepodge of architecture styles. Looking into the stadium I think we have about the same amount of suites that they do but not the loge seating. There is no landscaping or trees around the whole complex... in a word UGLY. Since they are the ag school, couldn’t they plant some trees and flowers? I guess they can’t because their cheerleaders would eat them! Overall Memorial stadium is much nicer and way way way more scenic!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: March 08, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »

The football stadium is truly a hole in the ground! On the side of the stadium are banners proudly showing their only athletic glory-- Old Balls bowls. We walked by the new office complex to the other side. Their new building looks nice but I think Anderson is nicer. The West Side does look like a prison (fitting since that’s who only would go to that hell hole.) The Stadium is a hodgepodge of architecture styles. Looking into the stadium I think we have about the same amount of suites that they do but not the loge seating. There is no landscaping or trees around the whole complex... in a word UGLY. Since they are the ag school, couldn’t they plant some trees and flowers? I guess they can’t because their cheerleaders would eat them! Overall Memorial stadium is much nicer and way way way more scenic!

sock outed

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: March 08, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »

I'm kind of with Belvis on this one. It's like, for me personally, Snyder is sucking the life out of the program. Or maybe it's just because last year was so God awful boring and I can't get past that yet.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: March 08, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »
I think the best investment in the next few years of our mega money will be on a coach.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: March 09, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »

sock outed

heh.