Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993255 times)

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18425 on: September 09, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »
Jayhox
Asst. Coach
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
26911 posts this site
X
Re: Meanwhile, down on the farm ...
4:55 PM
(2 votes)

DrJamesANaismith wrote: An AD can campaign for stadium improvements? Who knew?
facepalm.gif  One of these days you will figure it out.

K-State has to "campaign" to raise $15 million for that phase.  We have guys that can pull that out of their couch cushions.  They are indebted for the previous phases.  They will probably borrow for a portion of this, too.

We are working on the major portion coming from private (and corporate) big donors before going public for additional donations in an effort to keep overall debt down in relative terms.  If we went public in the last few years, like you wish we would have, we would look stupid right now based on the status of the fans' interest right now.

K-State has leveraged the farm, literally, on Snyder not dying in the next couple of years hoping like hell they don't end up in the Mountain West after the next round of realignment.  Their stadium improvements won't do a damned thing in that regards.

We will be doing things differently.  But timing is everything.  Someday you will get that.

Jayhoax just never fails to get it wrong.   

I've covered this numerous times, but any smart person who knows where to look can see how much debt K-State took on in order to do the stadium improvements.   It was $53 million dollars in bonds specifically for the West Stadium Center.    When the final phase for the West Stadium Center was completed and all the bills were added up, it cost $89.9 million dollars.    That means $36 million was paid for with private giving. 

For Phase III, K-State has had about $60 million dollars in private gifts to date.   So between Phase II and Phase III that's nearly $100 million in private giving for football facilities.   I won't even discuss the millions more that paid for other projects at the same time. 

Currie is being conservative on the $195 million.   If you look at everything that's been done on his watch it's over $200 million dollars in four years of which $120 million was paid for straight out of pocket.   

If KU has so much money, why did they have to borrow over $70 million dollars the last time they did a bunch of stuff?    If they've got guys with $15 million bucks hanging out in their seat cushions, why did KU have to borrow millions to complete a $30 million dollar football project?  $30 million dollars gets you about 1/3 of Phase III at K-State and they had take out loans and sell bonds to finance part of it? 

Why does it take timing if there's so many boosters that have millions just burning holes in their pocket?   They have such little faith in KU they need everything to be perfect?    Thank the flying spaghetti monster people like the Vanier's and others didn't think that way when Snyder first got to K-State.

KU couldn't afford a track. A rough ridin' track. How rough ridin' dilusional is this moron?
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18426 on: September 09, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Hey guys, $175 million dollars worth of football facilities of which only $53 million is serviced by debt and because K-State is having a public campaign to raise $9 million.  We're scrapping the bottom of the barrel. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18427 on: September 09, 2015, 10:45:07 PM »
having spent a lot of time in baylor's new stadium, i can assure you that our $195m was far better spent and our stadium complex is much nicer than their dump.  theirs appears nice from a distance but it was done on the very cheap and just is a shitty place to watch a football game.

of course, baylor fans are rough ridin' idiots and they were given much more than they deserve.

"cheap" things I noticed in the baylor stadia:

- brick tarp (we all know about this one, but still)
- manual flushing toilets I mean what
- the concessions stands didn't take a credit card
- no stands in the endzone toward the river, just a big video board (very ku/high schooly)
- fans are dumb/white trash

but!  they have an amazing tailgating area where you get a 10x20 spot to tailgate and it comes with electric and cable tv hookups (awesome!) and it only costs $400/season  :horrorsurprise:
emaw

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18428 on: September 09, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
When I think kstate athletics I think massive debt,negative cash flow and lack of big money donors.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18429 on: September 09, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »
"cheap" things I noticed in the baylor stadia:

- the concessions stands didn't take a credit card

Wtf

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18430 on: September 09, 2015, 11:36:28 PM »
White trash at Baylor? I would have guessed that to be more of an aTm thing.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18431 on: September 09, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
maybe just the one guy.  we sat in front of the worst fan I've ever encountered at a sporting event, he was really something special.
emaw

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18432 on: September 10, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
I've been to Baylor a few times. They don't have a WT fan base. That doesn't even make sense. Tuition often exceeds $30k per year. They have a dork fan base. I've never seen so many green t-shirts tucked into blue jeans in my life. Just extremely dorky.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18433 on: September 10, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
Welcome back KSU!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18434 on: September 10, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »
I've been to Baylor a few times. They don't have a WT fan base. That doesn't even make sense. Tuition often exceeds $30k per year. They have a dork fan base. I've never seen so many green t-shirts tucked into blue jeans in my life. Just extremely dorky.

GFA has street cred, I'm taking his word for it.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18435 on: September 10, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »

:love:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18436 on: September 10, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
Upon further review of the McClane v. BSFS comparison - we have twice as many suites, loges, and club seats.  That really surprised me. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18437 on: September 10, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »
Where are the Army guys going to put their cannons for Riley Rat day?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #18438 on: September 10, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »

i like how the section all the way on the left has like a million people in it and then there is an aisle and then right before the new stuff, there is a section of like three people to a row.

The 3 people to a row is part of the new section.    See the joint on the front panel of the wall?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18439 on: September 10, 2015, 10:28:30 AM »

They should obviously have them poking out of those sweet crenelations atop the ramparts of our new castle!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: September 10, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »

i like how the section all the way on the left has like a million people in it and then there is an aisle and then right before the new stuff, there is a section of like three people to a row.

The 3 people to a row is part of the new section.    See the joint on the front panel of the wall?

Looks pretty big to be a joint... Maybe a blunt, perhaps?

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: September 10, 2015, 11:12:27 AM »
The thing I really appreciate now that Phogistan is back in validation mode about facilities.  Is the inability to acknowledge that outside of a few piece meal projects, some small reconfigurations and the occasional new coat of paint.  AFH went pretty much untouched for 50 years.   That's why it's hard to give them any real credit for any work done there. 

The $30 million they spent on the football stadium in the 90's was predominately to prevent the place from crumbling to the ground.   The talked for years about a new track. 

Again it just seems strange that everything takes so long and the projects are so relatively small on top of the fact they didn't even pay for Rock Chalk Park.   For a place that supposedly has so many bazzillionaires with millions to give.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
K-State has to "campaign" to raise $15 million for that phase.  We have guys that can pull that out of their couch cushions.

Love this talking point.  :love:
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18443 on: September 10, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »
K-State has to "campaign" to raise $15 million for that phase.  We have guys that can pull that out of their couch cushions.

Love this talking point.  :love:

that couch would be really uncomfortable to sit on, unless it's like one single $15,000,000 bill

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: September 10, 2015, 12:02:24 PM »

GFA has street cred, I'm taking his word for it.

They definitely have a largely white trash fan base. Most of the fans at their games aren't alumni, they are locals from the crap town of Waco. The town is comprised of mostly white trash

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18445 on: September 10, 2015, 12:14:07 PM »
this is a valid question. 

also we haven't had a bitching flyover in yeeeeeaaaaaaarrrssss
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: September 10, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »
Jayhox
Asst. Coach
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
26911 posts this site
X
Re: Meanwhile, down on the farm ...
4:55 PM
(2 votes)

DrJamesANaismith wrote: An AD can campaign for stadium improvements? Who knew?
facepalm.gif  One of these days you will figure it out.

K-State has to "campaign" to raise $15 million for that phase.  We have guys that can pull that out of their couch cushions.  They are indebted for the previous phases.  They will probably borrow for a portion of this, too.

We are working on the major portion coming from private (and corporate) big donors before going public for additional donations in an effort to keep overall debt down in relative terms.  If we went public in the last few years, like you wish we would have, we would look stupid right now based on the status of the fans' interest right now.

K-State has leveraged the farm, literally, on Snyder not dying in the next couple of years hoping like hell they don't end up in the Mountain West after the next round of realignment.  Their stadium improvements won't do a damned thing in that regards.

We will be doing things differently.  But timing is everything.  Someday you will get that.

Jayhoax just never fails to get it wrong.   

I've covered this numerous times, but any smart person who knows where to look can see how much debt K-State took on in order to do the stadium improvements.   It was $53 million dollars in bonds specifically for the West Stadium Center.    When the final phase for the West Stadium Center was completed and all the bills were added up, it cost $89.9 million dollars.    That means $36 million was paid for with private giving. 

For Phase III, K-State has had about $60 million dollars in private gifts to date.   So between Phase II and Phase III that's nearly $100 million in private giving for football facilities.   I won't even discuss the millions more that paid for other projects at the same time. 

Currie is being conservative on the $195 million.   If you look at everything that's been done on his watch it's over $200 million dollars in four years of which $120 million was paid for straight out of pocket.   

If KU has so much money, why did they have to borrow over $70 million dollars the last time they did a bunch of stuff?    If they've got guys with $15 million bucks hanging out in their seat cushions, why did KU have to borrow millions to complete a $30 million dollar football project?  $30 million dollars gets you about 1/3 of Phase III at K-State and they had take out loans and sell bonds to finance part of it? 

Why does it take timing if there's so many boosters that have millions just burning holes in their pocket?   They have such little faith in KU they need everything to be perfect?    Thank the flying spaghetti monster people like the Vanier's and others didn't think that way when Snyder first got to K-State.

YES  :love:

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18447 on: September 10, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
The thing I really appreciate now that Phogistan is back in validation mode about facilities.  Is the inability to acknowledge that outside of a few piece meal projects, some small reconfigurations and the occasional new coat of paint.  AFH went pretty much untouched for 50 years.   That's why it's hard to give them any real credit for any work done there. 

The $30 million they spent on the football stadium in the 90's was predominately to prevent the place from crumbling to the ground.   The talked for years about a new track. 

Again it just seems strange that everything takes so long and the projects are so relatively small on top of the fact they didn't even pay for Rock Chalk Park.   For a place that supposedly has so many bazzillionaires with millions to give.

Rock Chalk park was done on the cheap as well. I got to see the full design evolution from initial conceptual design, to KU can't afford it so can the idea, to "we will pay for it since you can't," to new conceptual design, to actual final design.  Everything was done as cheap as possible, but at least the have a dedicated facility on the opposite side of town from campus.

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: September 10, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
I was just there over the weekend. For the townies as a 'rec center' it's pretty nice. As an athletic department facility it is not impressive. Funny thing, the concrete floors already have spider web looking cracks are are crumbing here and there.  :facepalm:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18449 on: September 11, 2015, 01:10:53 AM »
man they are really holding onto the idea that the Anderson complex is really nice. I supposed that's all you can do in their situation.
emaw