Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4060490 times)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18400 on: September 09, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »
I've heard from band people they are lobbying pretty hard to get the NE corner designed for the band.  Specifically things like bigger areas for the tubas and drum lines, this person even said some sort of elevator and signage for the band.  From the looks of the rendering it might not be elevators or lifts, but nice ramps.

Possible, I was wondering why there were specially designed ramps onto the field. Unless they wanted an easy access for students to rush the field after a win (and conveniently right where the opposing team would be running back towards to go into the locker room and have a chickenwingin incident for football) then that makes more sense since the band would perform on field and then go back up their spot with ease.

Probably not for field rush (sportsmanship issue).  Probably to meet some fire code to get people out quickly.  You know how fast the concrete burns and all.  Don't wan't them killed by some massive flashover.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: September 09, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »
I've heard from band people they are lobbying pretty hard to get the NE corner designed for the band.  Specifically things like bigger areas for the tubas and drum lines, this person even said some sort of elevator and signage for the band.  From the looks of the rendering it might not be elevators or lifts, but nice ramps.

Admittedly I have LBIQ but where will the apples go?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: September 09, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »
It's basically symmetrical guys. Except on one side, they're party decking and the other side tuba playing.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: September 09, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »

Possible, I was wondering why there were specially designed ramps onto the field. Unless they wanted an easy access for students to rush the field after a win (and conveniently right where the opposing team would be running back towards to go into the locker room and have a chickenwingin incident for football) then that makes more sense since the band would perform on field and then go back up their spot with ease.

Probably not for field rush (sportsmanship issue).  Probably to meet some fire code to get people out quickly.  You know how fast the concrete burns and all.  Don't wan't them killed by some massive flashover.

Possible, but given that the other side doesn't have it kinda doubt it.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: September 09, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
I think the most important questions are:
1. Will cranes be required?
2. If so, how many?
3. If so, how soon can we expect them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Big Train

« Reply #18405 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
it's alright. anything is better than that giant concrete bleacher look from the east side  :Yuck:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: September 09, 2015, 04:45:36 PM »
my favorite part about when new renderings come out is when dax comes in here and tells us how rich we are relative to lil bro

DAX!

$83 million dollars,  most expensive athletic facilities project ever by a Kansas school that didn't use tax dollars or financing.

usually there is more awesome stuff in this type of post dax

The Big Train

« Reply #18407 on: September 09, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
Sad

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: September 09, 2015, 04:59:02 PM »
my favorite part about when new renderings come out is when dax comes in here and tells us how rich we are relative to lil bro

DAX!

$83 million dollars,  most expensive athletic facilities project ever by a Kansas school that didn't use tax dollars or financing.

usually there is more awesome stuff in this type of post dax

Wasn't KU aiming for like $160 million to renovate their whole stadium? And yet, in the last 5 years the flagship of the state will have put about $195 million worth of just shiny crap around our hole in the ground? That's pretty neat.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: September 09, 2015, 05:05:28 PM »
parking lots and farm humping and endowment tho

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: September 09, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »
Who knows what KU is going to do.

Really the most impressive thing is the fact that K-State will have done $172 million dollars worth of improvements in 4 years and only incurred $53 million dollars in debt specific to football facilities.    Of course dumb KU fans think K-State has borrowed all the money.

KU might have less debt, but they've got things like a $6 million dollar loan they got for the AFC they've carried forward on their books now for six or seven years.

They needed to be let out of a bond obligation and student fees and institutional support in order to finish last fiscal year in the black.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18411 on: September 09, 2015, 05:10:05 PM »

Really the most impressive thing is the fact that K-State will have done $172 million dollars worth of improvements in 4 years and only incurred $53 million dollars in debt specific to football facilities.    Of course dumb KU fans think K-State has borrowed all the money.

Makes you wonder if it would have been worth it to just build a brand new stadium.  By way of example, Baylor's stadium was 265mil.  by the time we tackle the east side and south side (probably within the next 5 years), we'll have spent well over 200mil on BSFS. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: September 09, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »

Makes you wonder if it would have been worth it to just build a brand new stadium.  By way of example, Baylor's stadium was 265mil.  by the time we tackle the east side and south side (probably within the next 5 years), we'll have spent well over 200mil on BSFS.

This is true.   But I think the below grade nature of the lower seating bowl negated the need to build a whole new stadium.    If they do everything they want to do, to do it all from scratch would probably be $400-$500 million.   

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: September 09, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »

This is true.   But I think the below grade nature of the lower seating bowl negated the need to build a whole new stadium.    If they do everything they want to do, to do it all from scratch would probably be $400-$500 million.   

Yes but they are two different things. Baylor spent $265 mill yes but I believe that is just the stadium, not the football complex part (weight room, training facilities, offices, etc) we mostly just built. Sure there are stands with ours, but like 90% + of all the money on this part was for something that is not part of what Baylor just did for $265 mill. If they added a "Vanier" like structure at their stadium that'd be easily a $60 mill addition. So final price tag would be closer to like $325 mill for what they have.

Really, Dax has this pegged price wise. We're going to spend money for a (slightly) larger facility, and will probably another $15-20 mill on phase IV, and about 60 mill both on phase V and VI (maybe more for V depending on how we do ESC retrofit or total teardown/redo) which when you add all that up will be about $312 mill (right around the Baylor+Baylor Vanier estimate). However, that doesn't include the current facilities (bowl seating part and ESC if they do the cheaper route) as well as what we probably can safely assume at least part of Bramlage/legends room will be used for SEZ. That would bring the price pretty close to $400 mill if let's say we dug a hole, added the bowl stands, and totally have to do the ESC and SEZ from scratch. Overall, it'll be cheaper (though still very expensive) to do the route we are on but we have the added value of not having to do it all at once while still enjoying not having to move our current facilities.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: September 09, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
having spent a lot of time in baylor's new stadium, i can assure you that our $195m was far better spent and our stadium complex is much nicer than their dump.  theirs appears nice from a distance but it was done on the very cheap and just is a shitty place to watch a football game.

of course, baylor fans are rough ridin' idiots and they were given much more than they deserve.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: September 09, 2015, 07:19:53 PM »

This would be a good idea to isolate them from the children.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: September 09, 2015, 07:38:02 PM »
Jayhox
Asst. Coach
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
26911 posts this site
X
Re: Meanwhile, down on the farm ...
4:55 PM
(2 votes)

DrJamesANaismith wrote: An AD can campaign for stadium improvements? Who knew?
facepalm.gif  One of these days you will figure it out.

K-State has to "campaign" to raise $15 million for that phase.  We have guys that can pull that out of their couch cushions.  They are indebted for the previous phases.  They will probably borrow for a portion of this, too.

We are working on the major portion coming from private (and corporate) big donors before going public for additional donations in an effort to keep overall debt down in relative terms.  If we went public in the last few years, like you wish we would have, we would look stupid right now based on the status of the fans' interest right now.

K-State has leveraged the farm, literally, on Snyder not dying in the next couple of years hoping like hell they don't end up in the Mountain West after the next round of realignment.  Their stadium improvements won't do a damned thing in that regards.

We will be doing things differently.  But timing is everything.  Someday you will get that.

Jayhoax just never fails to get it wrong.   

I've covered this numerous times, but any smart person who knows where to look can see how much debt K-State took on in order to do the stadium improvements.   It was $53 million dollars in bonds specifically for the West Stadium Center.    When the final phase for the West Stadium Center was completed and all the bills were added up, it cost $89.9 million dollars.    That means $36 million was paid for with private giving. 

For Phase III, K-State has had about $60 million dollars in private gifts to date.   So between Phase II and Phase III that's nearly $100 million in private giving for football facilities.   I won't even discuss the millions more that paid for other projects at the same time. 

Currie is being conservative on the $195 million.   If you look at everything that's been done on his watch it's over $200 million dollars in four years of which $120 million was paid for straight out of pocket.   

If KU has so much money, why did they have to borrow over $70 million dollars the last time they did a bunch of stuff?    If they've got guys with $15 million bucks hanging out in their seat cushions, why did KU have to borrow millions to complete a $30 million dollar football project?  $30 million dollars gets you about 1/3 of Phase III at K-State and they had take out loans and sell bonds to finance part of it? 

Why does it take timing if there's so many boosters that have millions just burning holes in their pocket?   They have such little faith in KU they need everything to be perfect?    Thank the flying spaghetti monster people like the Vanier's and others didn't think that way when Snyder first got to K-State.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18417 on: September 09, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
having spent a lot of time in baylor's new stadium, i can assure you that our $195m was far better spent and our stadium complex is much nicer than their dump.  theirs appears nice from a distance but it was done on the very cheap and just is a shitty place to watch a football game.

of course, baylor fans are rough ridin' idiots and they were given much more than they deserve.
Cubic zirconium looks like a rough ridin diamond when surrounded by that hole known as Waco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:55:49 PM by CatMission »

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: September 09, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
Oh eff did we just wag the dog

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: September 09, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18420 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
seriously when have you ever in your life seen a stadium with a section of seats shaped like whatever that is under the New Ice Family Video Board? :lol:

probably had an actual good rendering but it was filled with people playing band instruments so they last second 'shopped in some fans so the band wouldn't feel even worse after the weekend
Don't know the appropriate use of this icon, but whatevs
 :users:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18421 on: September 09, 2015, 08:49:22 PM »
Jayhox
Asst. Coach
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
26911 posts this site
X
Re: Meanwhile, down on the farm ...
4:55 PM
(2 votes)

DrJamesANaismith wrote: An AD can campaign for stadium improvements? Who knew?
facepalm.gif  One of these days you will figure it out.

K-State has to "campaign" to raise $15 million for that phase.  We have guys that can pull that out of their couch cushions.  They are indebted for the previous phases.  They will probably borrow for a portion of this, too.

We are working on the major portion coming from private (and corporate) big donors before going public for additional donations in an effort to keep overall debt down in relative terms.  If we went public in the last few years, like you wish we would have, we would look stupid right now based on the status of the fans' interest right now.

K-State has leveraged the farm, literally, on Snyder not dying in the next couple of years hoping like hell they don't end up in the Mountain West after the next round of realignment.  Their stadium improvements won't do a damned thing in that regards.

We will be doing things differently.  But timing is everything.  Someday you will get that.

Jayhoax just never fails to get it wrong.   

I've covered this numerous times, but any smart person who knows where to look can see how much debt K-State took on in order to do the stadium improvements.   It was $53 million dollars in bonds specifically for the West Stadium Center.    When the final phase for the West Stadium Center was completed and all the bills were added up, it cost $89.9 million dollars.    That means $36 million was paid for with private giving. 

For Phase III, K-State has had about $60 million dollars in private gifts to date.   So between Phase II and Phase III that's nearly $100 million in private giving for football facilities.   I won't even discuss the millions more that paid for other projects at the same time. 

Currie is being conservative on the $195 million.   If you look at everything that's been done on his watch it's over $200 million dollars in four years of which $120 million was paid for straight out of pocket.   

If KU has so much money, why did they have to borrow over $70 million dollars the last time they did a bunch of stuff?    If they've got guys with $15 million bucks hanging out in their seat cushions, why did KU have to borrow millions to complete a $30 million dollar football project?  $30 million dollars gets you about 1/3 of Phase III at K-State and they had take out loans and sell bonds to finance part of it? 

Why does it take timing if there's so many boosters that have millions just burning holes in their pocket?   They have such little faith in KU they need everything to be perfect?    Thank the flying spaghetti monster people like the Vanier's and others didn't think that way when Snyder first got to K-State.

Hey Jayhoax, how does my dax taste?  (<---had this one in the holster for quite a while)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: September 09, 2015, 09:12:32 PM »
Awesome news about completing the corner. I'm sure it will look better than the rendo.

Love the new NEZ seating, terraces, concourse, and video board. The seating is so steep and close to the field, it makes a dramatic difference. Above the concourse, Vanier doesn't look quite as tall or impressive as I had hoped, and I'm not too keen on the "visor," but oh well.

As for the Baylor comparison, they've got a nice little stadium. 45k? But I'm glad we didn't start from scratch. Once we finish revamping the SEZ, BSFS is going to be truly top-notch, close to 60k, and we'll still have probably spent less than building a comparably-sized new stadium and training facility from scratch.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: September 09, 2015, 09:19:32 PM »
HE IS RISEN
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: September 09, 2015, 09:28:38 PM »
We spend time celebrating an almost win against FCS and worrying about an imaginary dick while they keep marching ahead with the rest of the Big 12.

The big 10 better come calling soon

This guy almost got it, so close. Damn that they had to add the last line.