Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993983 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #15475 on: January 30, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »
There is a difference in expansion and rebuilding. Just making sure you guys realize this

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: January 30, 2015, 04:42:58 PM »
wtf is Livestrong Stadium?  :confused:

its where the Wiz* play IIRC

*Better at football than chiefs

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: January 31, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »
There is a difference in expansion and rebuilding. Just making sure you guys realize this

No crap sherlock.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: January 31, 2015, 09:50:56 PM »
i tend to agree expansion is stupid, but who are we to laugh at aTm when they have 150,000 people there for a Bama game or whatever
exactly. If the demand is there expand.

Do you realize that demand is something that is prone to wild fluctuations? Do you also realize that attendance around college football is dramatically down? You can disagree with ksubrian's point but stop acting like he said all stadiums should be downsized to 20,000.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: February 01, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »
wtf is Livestrong Stadium?  :confused:

its where the Wiz* play IIRC

*Better at football than chiefs
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15480 on: February 02, 2015, 08:10:29 AM »
i tend to agree expansion is stupid, but who are we to laugh at aTm when they have 150,000 people there for a Bama game or whatever

Do you realize that demand is something that is prone to wild fluctuations? Do you also realize that attendance around college football is dramatically down? You can disagree with ksubrian's point but stop acting like he said all stadiums should be downsized to 20,000.
not really in college football when talking about decent teams. hell look at michigan and florida for example. michigan hasnt been relevant for 5 years yet they just expanded and set a record for attendance. same for texas, aTm, mizzou, ect. i get our little cozy stadium doesnt need expansion, i never said it did.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: February 02, 2015, 10:08:29 AM »
Watching all the workers walk around in the space really puts into perspective the size and layout of what will be the new Vanier.  We are blessed (and rich).
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: February 02, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »
Watching all the workers walk around in the space really puts into perspective the size and layout of what will be the new Vanier.  We are blessed (and rich).

i'm sure it's been discussed, and i'm too lazy to dig into it, but where does all this put us as far as square footage goes? i know other football only facilities might be a little nicer so it's hard to judge on cost alone, but for actual weightroom size, dedicated football space, locker room, etc.?

top 10 in the world? 20/25?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »
Construction accident at Vanier Complex:
MANHATTAN — Shortly after 10:30 a.m. K-State Police and emergency personnel from Manhattan Fire Department and Riley County EMS responded to the Vanier Football Complex construction site for a workplace accident. According to K-State Police Major Don Stubbings, the accident was the result of a concrete form falling onto a worker. One person was transported to Mercy Regional Health Center by EMS for non-life threatening injuries.
Eleven fire department personnel, three EMS and five police officers responded, along with members of the K-State environmental health and safety team. The environmental health and safety team is investigating the accident.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: February 02, 2015, 12:40:36 PM »
MANHATTAN — Shortly after 10:30 a.m. K-State Police and emergency personnel from Manhattan Fire Department and Riley County EMS responded to the Vanier Football Complex construction site for a workplace accident. According to K-State Police Major Don Stubbings, the accident was the result of a concrete form falling onto a worker. One person was transported to Mercy Regional Health Center by EMS for non-life threatening injuries.
Eleven fire department personnel, three EMS and five police officers responded, along with members of the K-State environmental health and safety team. The environmental health and safety team is investigating the accident.

Welp, there goes the safety. Hopefully there isn't a trend of things (or people) falling at stadium worksites.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »
get that man a busch light pronto

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: February 02, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
It's not near big enough of a project unless a worker dies, I always say. 

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: February 02, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »
Short Ambulance ride  :driving:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: February 02, 2015, 01:16:19 PM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Corky

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: February 02, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »

Holy Hell! Must be a slow day at the office.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: February 02, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »

Welp, there goes the safety. Hopefully there isn't a trend of things (or people) falling at stadium worksites.

Someone got killed during the east upper deck restroom install.  I don't think there were any major injuries on the WSC.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: February 02, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »

Holy Hell! Must be a slow day at the office.
Five police officers respond to a traffic stop in Manhattan. Seems like they would have sent more.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:28:02 PM by waks »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: February 02, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
cj says non life-threatening. whew.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: February 02, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »

Someone got killed during the east upper deck restroom install.  I don't think there were any major injuries on the WSC.

That's what I was getting at with the "people" part of falling, but yes, agreed that that happen. Also agree I don't remember hearing of any (major) injuries at WSC.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: February 02, 2015, 04:38:09 PM »
The company doing work on V2.0 really prides itself on and pushes job site safety. I find it mildy ironic
@Trogdor_gE

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15495 on: February 02, 2015, 06:05:10 PM »
The company doing work on V2.0 really prides itself on and pushes job site safety. I find it mildy ironic

Every contractor does that, or at least should, it helps get jobs. Now talking the talk and walking the walk are two different things. But then again most clients already ask for safety records (DART, Recordable Rate, etc.) to see if the contractor is up to w/e standards set forth by the client and weed out contractors from there, but IDK what k-state decides is acceptable or not.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: February 02, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
If you have too many accidents (a very low number really) over a few years, your insurance rates are too high to even operate. Seems like this is something that has changed the last 10 years or so. Also like bandy said, it's very important to most clients
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: February 05, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »

not really in college football when talking about decent teams. hell look at michigan and florida for example. michigan hasnt been relevant for 5 years yet they just expanded and set a record for attendance. same for texas, aTm, mizzou, ect. i get our little cozy stadium doesnt need expansion, i never said it did.

No, just no. Texas, Florida, and Michigan all had dramatic decreases, those are the exact three schools I had in mind when I posted that
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415/college-football-attendance-home-crowds-drop-to-lowest-in-14-years
http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michigan-big-ten/photos-there-are-a-lot-of-empty-seats-at-michigan-stadium-as-the-wolverines-get-set-to-kick-off-vs-minnesota

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: February 05, 2015, 08:07:38 PM »
So make the tickets cheaper? I don't know why we are arguing over this we will probably never expand

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: February 05, 2015, 08:09:09 PM »
Yeah, expansion would be pretty stupid.  55-60k is and likely always will be our max capacity.