Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4058912 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #11150 on: December 27, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »
Grumblings that they are struggling hard to fundraise.

I wonder what our fundraising would be like if we played our best QB and won more games and played in the cotton Bowl instead of whatever the name of our Bowl we are playing in is.

:dunno:

Next year, we'll in in the Natty championship game. That should help encourage the donors.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: December 27, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »
Welp, that sucks. Sucks harder cause I know the project is real and it's awesome, but the fundraising obviously isn't close yet. Let's win more games I guess.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: December 27, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »
Welp, that sucks. Sucks harder cause I know the project is real and it's awesome, but the fundraising obviously isn't close yet. Let's win more games I guess.

I think it's being over thought, guys.  Haven't heard anything about fundraising or unexpected project delay. I consider no news to be good news.   :cheers:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: December 27, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »

I think it's being over thought, guys.  Haven't heard anything about fundraising or unexpected project delay. I consider no news to be good news.   :cheers:

:thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: December 28, 2013, 12:24:05 PM »

I CONSIDER NO NEWS TO SUCK crap. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: December 28, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »

I CONSIDER NO NEWS TO SUCK crap.
Me and clams are in 100% agreement on this.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: December 28, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

According to ADJC in Phoenix, No public presentation until 50% of funds are raised. Was hoping to be at that level by bowl time. Didn't happen.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: December 28, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

According to ADJC in Phoenix, No public presentation until 50% of funds are raised. Was hoping to be at that level by bowl time. Didn't happen.

Is that so?  Didn't realize he'd acknowledged the project publicly.  That's news.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #11158 on: December 28, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »

Can we get one of those thermometers that show the goal attainment?  That would be good to just ballpark where we're at.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: December 28, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »

Can we get one of those thermometers that show the goal attainment?  That would be good to just ballpark where we're at.

Under 30%

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11160 on: December 28, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
waters sucking is going to cost us a lot more than people realize

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: December 28, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »

Non-dumbasses realize it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: December 28, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »

Non-dumbasses realize it

Small minority

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: December 28, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »

Non-dumbasses realize it

Small minority

Yeah... :(

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: December 29, 2013, 12:29:15 PM »
The WSC was the largest athletic facilities project in KBOR school history.   It used a combination of Bonds (about $53 million, which K-State Athletics Inc. is responsible for) and private giving (about $35 million).   

The NEZ/Vanier 3.0 project in all probability will have to be 100% privately funded, and I speculate that it will easily be the largest "cash on the barrel head" athletic facilities project in KBOR history by miles if Currie can pull it off. 

So I am not all that surprised that they have a ways go in raising the money.   From what little I know it's a very ambitious project and even the wealthiest schools would have to make a concentrated effort to raise that kind of cash all at once.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: December 29, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »
The WSC was the largest athletic facilities project in KBOR school history.   It used a combination of Bonds (about $53 million, which K-State Athletics Inc. is responsible for) and private giving (about $35 million).   

The NEZ/Vanier 3.0 project in all probability will have to be 100% privately funded, and I speculate that it will easily be the largest "cash on the barrel head" athletic facilities project in KBOR history by miles if Currie can pull it off. 

So I am not all that surprised that they have a ways go in raising the money.   From what little I know it's a very ambitious project and even the wealthiest schools would have to make a concentrated effort to raise that kind of cash all at once.
We all need to chip in. Just remember, money that jingles is ok, but the kind that folds is preferred. TIA
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: December 29, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »

If that's the case, this thing is going to go the way of the gridiron club.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: December 29, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
We haven't hung any banners, issued press releases and told the world when it's going to built dumbass 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: December 29, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »

Private funded 100% because no boxes/regular seating/ revenue enhancements?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: December 31, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »

Private funded 100% because no boxes/regular seating/ revenue enhancements?

Pretty much. 

I personally don't see the Regents and KDFA (amongst others) signing off on more bond debt for K-State athletics, unless it's just a relatively small % of the total project.

I've also thought back through the various facilities projects over the years at Big 12 Schools as well as other schools in the region and even across the country.

Outside of maybe T. Boone Pickens Stadium (and even that may have had some debt service based on the whacky scenarios that went down there) and projects at private schools like Baylor and TCU (mainly because they don't have to disclose all of their sourcing) and very small smattering of other projects.   This will be one of the largest "cash on the barrel head" from private sources facilities projects ever, by any athletic department.   Nearly every major facilities project done over the last decade, even at the larger schools like Texas required long term financing, many times on a substantial level.   

If Currie pulls this off, he may not need a football coaching hire to get his next job.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: December 31, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »
Wasn't a public statement in AZ. Was a hushed, rather heated discussion at the hotel. I attended a party the Sat before Christmas and spoke with Mary Vanier and Bob Krause (now married) about the project and they seemed confident there would be an announcement. After 50% is raised they will go public to raise the other 15%...State will bond 35%.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:10 PM »
none of this small talk matters without renderings. thats all i want so i can dream

:buh-bye:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #11172 on: December 31, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »
Wasn't a public statement in AZ. Was a hushed, rather heated discussion at the hotel. I attended a party the Sat before Christmas and spoke with Mary Vanier and Bob Krause (now married) about the project and they seemed confident there would be an announcement. After 50% is raised they will go public to raise the other 15%...State will bond 35%.

Heated as in "grrr, I'm angry there's no announcement," heated?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: December 31, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »

Heated as in "grrr, I'm angry there's no announcement," heated?

Did they give any idea how close we were to 50%?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: December 31, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »
after seeing the pep rally venue, i'm ok with waiting until there is more funding.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles