Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5739847 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #4775 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »
Beisel was athletic enough to play LB in the NFL.  I don't see that athleticism in Woods.  He runs fine and he has some athleticism.  He's not Beisel.  think Andrew Shull with a bit more stiffness.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: October 25, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »
I'll take a Shull and how about a Chris Johnson on the side.  :crossfingers:

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: October 25, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
Beisel was athletic enough to play LB in the NFL.  I don't see that athleticism in Woods.  He runs fine and he has some athleticism.  He's not Beisel.  think Andrew Shull with a bit more stiffness.
:barf:  :runaway:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline EManAW20

• Fan
  • KLEIN 4 KLEINSMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: October 25, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »
Say we get to the BCS title game and do well (win or lose), please tell me we're gonna at least get a few 4 or maybe 5 star recruits in?
Re-name Aggieville to "Snyderville"
#EMAW

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: October 25, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »
how's his butt manhatter?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: October 25, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »
Say we get to the BCS title game and do well (win or lose), please tell me we're gonna at least get a few 4 or maybe 5 star recruits in?

Recruiting would get much worse under fears that Snyder will retire.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »
Hutch CC WR Jatavious Stewart & Victor Valley CC DT Abens Cajuste will be visiting on 12/8

Both guys have impressive offer lists. Would take.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: October 25, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »
Someone give me a rundown on our recruiting right now. Do we have any studs yet? Or just basically our normal sort of guys.

Offline Wolf Tee Shirt

• Fan
  • swagger hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »
I almost don't even look at recruiting anymore because I know Bill will handle as needed. From just looking at things, it appears to be our trademark under the radar guys who turn out to be mutants. The good kind not the weird kind.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #4784 on: October 25, 2012, 04:43:23 PM »
I almost don't even look at recruiting anymore because I know Bill will handle as needed. From just looking at things, it appears to be our trademark under the radar guys who turn out to be mutants. The good kind not the weird kind.

Good thing Bill will always be here. #billdingforthefuture
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
I loved the last half of that post.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: October 25, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
Someone give me a rundown on our recruiting right now. Do we have any studs yet? Or just basically our normal sort of guys.

Nobody above 3*.  Bunch of studs visiting on 12/2 for UT game. This class will be our basic, middle of the road group. Maybe a few 4* jucos sprinkled in. 

Tuck alert - prince had higher *rated recruiting classes.  Our next coach probably will too. 

As long as weve got old balls, I could care less.

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: October 25, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »

Nobody above 3*.  Bunch of studs visiting on 12/2 for UT game. This class will be our basic, middle of the road group. Maybe a few 4* jucos sprinkled in. 

Tuck alert - prince had higher *rated recruiting classes.  Our next coach probably will too. 

As long as weve got old balls, I could care less.

Old balls, keys to success.
Back for more bad takes.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: October 25, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »

sorry but i think ubben is out of eligibility :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2012/10/24/20121024high-school-stars-try-find-balance-between-recruiting-playing.html?nclick_check=1

Earlier this year, Mountain Pointe senior offensive lineman Kenny Lacy gave UCLA a pledge, albeit soft, after visiting there with his teammate Brown and watching former Chandler star quarterback Brett Hundley light up Nebraska in a victory. Lacy says he will still take trips to Vanderbilt and Kansas State after the season.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Lacy-128842

:ksu:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: October 26, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »
Low FBRIQ here, but what is the purpose of a "soft verbal"? Is it essentially a kid thinks he wants to go there and wants the coaching staff to know that, but not entirely certain yet? Seems weird.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: October 26, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
Low FBRIQ here, but what is the purpose of a "soft verbal"? Is it essentially a kid thinks he wants to go there and wants the coaching staff to know that, but not entirely certain yet? Seems weird.

some coaches won't let players keep looking around and will not give them a scholly or even pull the scholly if they are open about looking around. good players are allowed to because they are good. the kid is basically being allowed to take up a scholly at UCLA while still looking because he's good.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #4793 on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2012/10/24/20121024high-school-stars-try-find-balance-between-recruiting-playing.html?nclick_check=1

Earlier this year, Mountain Pointe senior offensive lineman Kenny Lacy gave UCLA a pledge, albeit soft, after visiting there with his teammate Brown and watching former Chandler star quarterback Brett Hundley light up Nebraska in a victory. Lacy says he will still take trips to Vanderbilt and Kansas State after the season.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Lacy-128842

:ksu:

According to Rivals, he has four visits taken/planned.  Either the one at OU isn't happening, one in the past hasn't happened, or something is off.

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: October 26, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »

some coaches won't let players keep looking around and will not give them a scholly or even pull the scholly if they are open about looking around. good players are allowed to because they are good. the kid is basically being allowed to take up a scholly at UCLA while still looking because he's good.

Thanks, sd.

Maybe Snyder will make one of the assistants assemble a highlight reel from those two UCLA games we played when we weren't as awesome as now.

:emawkid:

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: October 26, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
Ben Hughes, the big HS DT out of Waco committed to OkieLite today... :angry:
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: October 26, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »
some guy says this guy may be coming to KSU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Matthew-McCrane-129720;_ylt=As3Xe0R9TnFGOl.IPSuWDxXpsJB4

Is there any site out there that ranks kickers and punters? Plus, I thought baby Cantelle was taking older Cantelle's spot after this season.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: October 26, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Matthew-McCrane-129720;_ylt=As3Xe0R9TnFGOl.IPSuWDxXpsJB4

Is there any site out there that ranks kickers and punters? Plus, I thought baby Cantelle was taking older Cantelle's spot after this season.

You can never have too many awesome and adorable* kickers, brohan

*Note: I have no idea whether or not this guy is actually adorable.  But the point stands.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: October 26, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »

Jack Cantelle is a stud

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12