Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5601204 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28000 on: July 30, 2022, 10:12:30 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #28001 on: July 30, 2022, 11:34:18 PM »
I don't see why a recruit/school can't get commitment signatures when they want...after an agreed upon time frame. Maybe the first of the year after their junior season or something. The early signing period was a step in the right direction, but still not perfect.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28002 on: July 31, 2022, 12:30:48 AM »
at least we had a month where recruiting was fun

yep, that was the GRMOAT

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28003 on: July 31, 2022, 01:06:13 PM »
Leon, who has been very active on Twitter since his son’s commitment to Cats, hasn’t tweeted, retweeted, or liked a single post since retweeting that Dylan received an offer from ND.  I wish I was a fly on a wall in the Edwards house.

I feel like if Leon supported the decision that he would have liked his de-commitment tweet or retweeted with a comment.  Instead he went completely dark.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28004 on: July 31, 2022, 02:22:42 PM »
There's money involved.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28005 on: July 31, 2022, 03:11:04 PM »
Leon, who has been very active on Twitter since his son’s commitment to Cats, hasn’t tweeted, retweeted, or liked a single post since retweeting that Dylan received an offer from ND.  I wish I was a fly on a wall in the Edwards house.

I feel like if Leon supported the decision that he would have liked his de-commitment tweet or retweeted with a comment.  Instead he went completely dark.

I suspect that leon absolutely supports his son’s decision because his son is his son but what do I know

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28006 on: July 31, 2022, 03:15:46 PM »

I suspect that leon absolutely supports his son’s decision because his son is his son but what do I know
I think he's just preoccupied with keeping Larry David in check.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28007 on: July 31, 2022, 03:53:53 PM »

smoove

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28008 on: July 31, 2022, 04:03:50 PM »

No let's take a deep insight into the family dynamic based on tweet like patterns

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28009 on: July 31, 2022, 05:19:57 PM »

smoove

Well done, both of you

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28010 on: July 31, 2022, 05:33:31 PM »

No let's take a deep insight into the family dynamic based on tweet like patterns

I'm sure this is no surprise but there are a lot of dudes, with 15 followers on twitter, dragging Leon because he can't control his son.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28011 on: July 31, 2022, 06:27:53 PM »

I'm sure this is no surprise but there are a lot of dudes, with 15 followers on twitter, dragging Leon because he can't control his son.

still incredibly embarrasing

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28012 on: July 31, 2022, 08:52:58 PM »
Unfortunately I’m sure Dylan and his family will battle comments and posts like below throughout his senior season, especially from rival schools.

https://twitter.com/barstoolfshs/status/1553889268908556288?s=21&t=pKu_vj2KUzK9yZw5rjpJBQ

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28013 on: July 31, 2022, 09:08:10 PM »
Unfortunately I’m sure Dylan and his family will battle comments and posts like below throughout his senior season, especially from rival schools.

https://twitter.com/barstoolfshs/status/1553889268908556288?s=21&t=pKu_vj2KUzK9yZw5rjpJBQ

honestly any crap coming from our fans is way worse than some silly ribbing from high school rivals

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28014 on: July 31, 2022, 09:12:31 PM »
I'm perplexed about that coming from a Lawrence Free State account

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28015 on: July 31, 2022, 09:14:30 PM »
I think the “wish you the best” posts highly outweigh the “traitor” posts.  The bad/controversial ones always stick out and get more attention than the good ones.

Every fan base has them though.  Look how OU treated their transfers.  There will always be pitchforks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28016 on: July 31, 2022, 09:16:23 PM »

Also this is hilarious and exactly the way trolling should go.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28017 on: July 31, 2022, 11:27:35 PM »
If Jeremiyah Love commits to Notre Dame before Edwards, does that take Edwards spot?

Or would they really take 3 running backs in this class.

This year the rb depth chart for 2022 (ND) has 2 freshman and 2 sophomores.  Talk about the rich getting richer.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #28018 on: August 01, 2022, 01:19:28 AM »
If Jeremiyah Love commits to Notre Dame before Edwards, does that take Edwards spot?

This year the rb depth chart for 2022 (ND) has 2 freshman and 2 sophomores.  Talk about the rich getting richer.

He would be a WR at ND, but it's likely they just want him to return kicks.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28019 on: August 01, 2022, 08:49:49 AM »
IDK.  I think if you throw a big rah rah "commitment" press conference and stuff and then decommit a few weeks later, you kind of open yourself up to some criticism.

I also think adults who tweet mean stuff to 17 year olds are psychos.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28020 on: August 01, 2022, 08:54:15 AM »

He would be a WR at ND, but it's likely they just want him to return kicks.

I agree, kick returner and 3rd down safety valve out of the backfield.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28021 on: August 01, 2022, 09:19:01 AM »
IDK.  I think if you throw a big rah rah "commitment" press conference and stuff and then decommit a few weeks later, you kind of open yourself up to some criticism.

I also think adults who tweet mean stuff to 17 year olds are psychos.

I still think he’s nuts not coming to kstate given how much he would play and right away. Hard to know what the gap in NIL is across the schools he has offers from but would have thought we would be at least competitive since he’s at the top of our list and probably closer to the middle on others.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28022 on: August 01, 2022, 09:33:56 AM »
I made shitty decisions when I was 17 years old. Good luck to Dylan. I hope we get him out of the 2025 transfer portal. There’s no excuse for adults making shitty decisions on social media and attacking a 17-year-old kid and his dad. Coaches and conference leadership have no business lecturing anybody on commitment and loyalty.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28023 on: August 01, 2022, 10:45:29 AM »
The whole thing is pretty funny really and in hindsight, him saying that he didn’t ever see himself decommitting or entering the transfer portal should’ve probably been a warning sign that we would do exactly that. Kind of excited to see how it all plays out for him. Seems like a good enough kid.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28024 on: August 01, 2022, 02:29:41 PM »
Reminds me of Bryce Brown.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.