Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5623285 times)

TheHamburglar and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #26025 on: June 11, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »
I would like to see our coaching staff perform job function 1b better and I declare that it’s perfectly fine to discuss when they perform that job function poorly.
Everyone has bitched about K-state recruiting for the history of time. You wish the new coach would be better at it, but on paper he’s the best we’ve seen since the 90’s. I agree, I’m confused by the constant whining about it.
Because it can be better.  Using the crap recruiting of the past as your base line is not a good look.

It’s okay to expect more from the highest paid football coach in Kstate history working with $235 million dollars of new facilities with another $25 million breaking ground soon.
Guy who constantly rips how shitty the state of Kansas is, because he hit the big lights of Birmingham, Alabama thinks recruiting should be better at K-State. Makes sense.

You again affirmed that you're never going to get this message board, so I don't know why you continue to post here.  But I digress

BTW, I've never once claimed to "hit the big lights", I couldn't even begin to touch the FanningBrags you lay down on here.   

I've also not compared K-State to any other school.  The only time I've ever compared K-State to Alabama was discussing LHC Bill Snyder hiding behind his office doors while Nick Saban goes out on the recruiting trail and works his ass off.

Just be forewarned everyone else.   Never want better for K-State, it really pisses #fanningbrag off
Weird. You made Eastern Carolina sound like Stanford years past when you lived there and then they eventually transferred you out for Alabama.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:37:41 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26026 on: June 11, 2021, 02:38:04 PM »
I would like to see our coaching staff perform job function 1b better and I declare that it’s perfectly fine to discuss when they perform that job function poorly.
Everyone has bitched about K-state recruiting for the history of time. You wish the new coach would be better at it, but on paper he’s the best we’ve seen since the 90’s. I agree, I’m confused by the constant whining about it.
Because it can be better.  Using the crap recruiting of the past as your base line is not a good look.

It’s okay to expect more from the highest paid football coach in Kstate history working with $235 million dollars of new facilities with another $25 million breaking ground soon.
Guy who constantly rips how shitty the state of Kansas is, because he hit the big lights of Birmingham, Alabama thinks recruiting should be better at K-State. Makes sense.

You again affirmed that you're never going to get this message board, so I don't know why you continue to post here.  But I digress

BTW, I've never once claimed to "hit the big lights", I couldn't even begin to touch the FanningBrags you lay down on here.   

I've also not compared K-State to any other school.  The only time I've ever compared K-State to Alabama was discussing LHC Bill Snyder hiding behind his office doors while Nick Saban goes out on the recruiting trail and works his ass off.

Just be forewarned everyone else.   Never want better for K-State, it really pisses #fanningbrag off
Weird. You made Eastern Carolina sound like Stanford years past when you lived there and they transferred you out.

Who is they?

Again, you're never going to get this board.   I don't recall ever talking about East Carolina academics.   I do recall a very drunk and enraged WackyTuck having a total meltdown on Twitter (as usual back then) because Dax said a couple of mean things about the Chiefs.  So in usual WackyTuck form you took it personally and then began the usual drunken and enraged onslaught on me and my kids.  A dude who graduated from a school with a 93% acceptance rate ragging on another school is a truly fascinating thing.  But I digress

Congrats to Chris Kleiman for out recruiting a coach who left his office to go recruit 4 times in 5 years.   :thumbsup:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26027 on: June 11, 2021, 02:44:28 PM »
I'm not worried about the recruiting yet. If we don't win at least 8 games this year, I will probably start wanting him fired.

Jesus. That second sentence doesn't really connote the non worry you stated in the first sentence.

It's his 3rd season. He needs to finish .500ish in the conference.

He can do that and still not win 8 games.

Yeah, if Stanford ends up beating us and having a really good year, I'd be ok with 7 wins. I expect them to kind of suck, though. He only needs 3 OOC wins, 4-5 in conference, and a bowl win against some other .500ish team to finish with 8 wins. It's really not asking that much.

Stanford isn't even the best team on the OOC schedule.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26028 on: June 11, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »

Weird. You made Eastern Carolina sound like Stanford years past when you lived there and they transferred you out.

Who is they?

Again, you're never going to get this board.   I don't recall ever talking about East Carolina academics.   I do recall a very drunk and enraged WackyTuck having a total meltdown on Twitter (as usual back then) because Dax said a couple of mean things about the Chiefs.  So in usual WackyTuck form you took it personally and then began the usual drunken and enraged onslaught on me and my kids.  A dude who graduated from a school with a 93% acceptance rate ragging on another school is a truly fascinating thing.  But I digress

Congrats to Chris Kleiman for out recruiting a coach who left his office to go recruit 4 times in 5 years.   :thumbsup:
Lol. Holy crap! There it is! :love: So easy!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26029 on: June 11, 2021, 02:50:10 PM »

Who is they?

Lol. Holy crap! There it is! :love: So easy!

Again, 'grats to Chis Kleiman for out recruiting an 80 year old man who never left his office. :thumbsup:

Definitely worthy of a $1.5 million dollar pay raise.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26030 on: June 11, 2021, 02:52:38 PM »
93% acceptance rate! I’m so embarrassed for being a functioning adult who earns good $ and lives in the OP. I need the ‘Dax life plan ASAP!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26031 on: June 11, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »
93% acceptance rate! I’m so embarrassed for being a functioning adult who earns good $ and lives in the OP. I need the ‘Dax life plan ASAP!

I think I would like "a functioning adult who earned good $ and lived in the OP" on my headstone, some day.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26032 on: June 11, 2021, 02:55:14 PM »

I think I would like "a functioning adult who earned good $ and lived in the OP" on my headstone, some day.
:thumbs:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26033 on: June 11, 2021, 03:01:10 PM »

K-State is no Stanford East Carolina, that's for certain.

I just hope to have 1/10 the #fanningbrags marked off on my bucket list someday.

But we're getting off track here.

Once again, I'd just like to congratulate our soon to be $4 million dollar a year coach for out recruiting the 80 year old man who was fighting cancer.

One hell of an achievement.   :thumbsup:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26034 on: June 11, 2021, 03:05:57 PM »

I just hope to have 1/10 the #fanningbrags marked off on my bucket list someday.

Once again, I'd just like to congratulate our soon to be $4 million dollar a year coach for out recruiting the 80 year old man who was fighting cancer.

Tap out! This is getting embarrassing. Have a great weekend and roll tide/pirates!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26035 on: June 11, 2021, 03:09:03 PM »

Tap out! This is getting embarrassing. Have a great weekend and roll tide/pirates!

#fanningbrag has left the building everyone.

You can now get back to critiquing K-State recruiting without having to witness (another) meltdown

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26036 on: June 11, 2021, 03:10:23 PM »
Yikes!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26037 on: June 11, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »
#fanningbrag, now in "gotta get in the last word" mode.  Typical.

Cancer laden 80 year old LHC Bill Snyder, you were no match for Chris Kleiman on that recruiting trail.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26038 on: June 11, 2021, 03:14:11 PM »
I'm not worried about the recruiting yet. If we don't win at least 8 games this year, I will probably start wanting him fired.

Jesus. That second sentence doesn't really connote the non worry you stated in the first sentence.

Yeah, if Stanford ends up beating us and having a really good year, I'd be ok with 7 wins. I expect them to kind of suck, though. He only needs 3 OOC wins, 4-5 in conference, and a bowl win against some other .500ish team to finish with 8 wins. It's really not asking that much.

Probably not. That's why I am expecting 3-0.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26039 on: June 11, 2021, 03:15:16 PM »
#fanningbrag, now in "gotta get in the last word" mode.  Typical.

Cancer laden 80 year old LHC Bill Snyder, you were no match for Chris Kleiman on that recruiting trail.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:facepalm: 93% acceptance rate!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26040 on: June 11, 2021, 03:21:52 PM »
1. I use to feel bad for Dax getting beat up all the time in the pit.
2. What a silly thought.
3. Dude is a scorned lover from the Midwest who obviously feels disrespected.
4. Lol. At him obviously giving up that he hates K-State and KC in general, because he couldn’t make it here. How embarrassing. I get it now. Happy Friday, friends!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26041 on: June 11, 2021, 03:22:12 PM »
WackyTuck, I'm just here for your hot takes about how this coaching staff is out recruiting a staff lead by a (then) 78 year old man with cancer, who never left his office to recruit and wouldn't let his staff go to high school games during the week.

These are the kind of hot takes that make me to smile every time I see that gE premium charge show up on my Dubai First Royal Master Card every month.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26042 on: June 11, 2021, 03:24:02 PM »
1. I use to feel bad for Dax getting beat up all the time in the pit.
2. What a silly thought.
3. Dude is a scorned lover from the Midwest who obviously feels disrespected.
4. Lol. At him obviously giving up that he hates K-State and KC in general, because he couldn’t make it here. How embarrassing. I get it now. Happy Friday, friends!

:lol: :lol:

(another) another meltdown coming!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26043 on: June 11, 2021, 03:32:01 PM »
WackyTuck, I'm just here for your hot takes about how this coaching staff is out recruiting a staff lead by a (then) 78 year old man with cancer, who never left his office to recruit and wouldn't let his staff go to high school games during the week.

These are the kind of hot takes that make me to smile every time I see that gE premium charge show up on my Dubai First Royal Master Card every month.
You are here for dumbness. You did this with the Royals and Chiefs, while being a “Carolina Panther” fan. Teams continue to win here & then you show your ass on how much you wish you could have stayed here and not get pushed out to places like Birmingham, AL. You’re a salty, scorned lover, that got broken up with. You act like you care about K-State, but you don’t, because you just showed your ass about acceptance rates & dogging the school you went to on a K-State message board. You’re a very small man in your 60’s, trying to detract happiness from a place you grew up in. You’re vile and your act is unhealthy. I hope the best for you though! Cats!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26044 on: June 11, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »

You are here for dumbness. You did this with the Royals and Chiefs, while being a “Carolina Panther” fan. Teams continue to win here & then you show your ass on how much you wish you could have stayed here and not get pushed out to places like Birmingham, AL. You’re a salty, scorned lover, that got broken up with. You act like you care about K-State, but you don’t, because you just showed your ass about acceptance rates & dogging the school you went to on a K-State message board. You’re a very small man in your 60’s, trying to detract happiness from a place you grew up in. You’re vile and your act is unhealthy. I hope the best for you though! Cats!

There's the meltdown I knew was coming.

In your world no one can like any other teams.   That's how small children think, Wacks.   I was a fan of all the Kansas City teams before you were even alive.   For teams like the Chiefs,  your entire life has been dominated by them being good to great, with just a few off seasons.  You never went to a Chiefs game on opening weekend with 45K people in the stands.    I'm glad you think Kansas City is the greatest place in the world.   I was just there.  It's nice.   

The fact that you can never take a joke and never get this board is just sad.   I'll have the Flying Spaghetti Monster make a couple of extra meatballs on your behalf tonight. 

Now back to recruiting.   Hopefully our current guy can continue to out recruit the 80 year old man who was fighting cancer.   :thumbsup:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26045 on: June 11, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »

Now back to recruiting.   Hopefully our current guy can continue to out recruit the 80 year old man who was fighting cancer.   :thumbsup:
eff yea, go cats

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26046 on: June 11, 2021, 03:58:21 PM »

eff yea, go cats

:ksu:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26047 on: June 11, 2021, 10:50:16 PM »

Probably not. That's why I am expecting 3-0.

I think Nevada will be top 25 and we'll be 1 or 2 point dogs.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26048 on: June 12, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »
They may beat us, but I can't go into the season thinking that will happen. When I start believing we are going to lose to the Nevada Wolf Pack at home, I am also going to believe we need a new coach.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile