Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5518906 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #24550 on: June 13, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »
CK, you rough ridin' savage!  :ksu:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24551 on: June 13, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »
that's cool that he made a video

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24552 on: June 13, 2019, 04:41:49 PM »
guys, what is happening?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24553 on: June 13, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »
guys, what is happening?

Van Malone is happening. I hope Gene Taylor finds another 150k to give him or we will be watching him do it somewhere else soon.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24554 on: June 13, 2019, 06:38:28 PM »
pissclams

what i'd like to know from you and others is why breaking down game films is the best way to prepare for an opponent?

Simple example of the kind of thing you look for in 1st viewing of opponent:

a team we played ran an RPO out of a base Veer set. They also used I and other sets but Veer was base. The left halfback was their main back, he'd also drop into the Tailback position in the I or single in shotgun set.

He always came out of a 3 point stance and we noticed that where his right hand (the one of the ground) was set indicated which direction and which hole he was headed for --- straight in front of right foot it was a dive off tackle, hand slightly to the right of his foot indicated he was going wide left or for flair pass, slightly to the left of his foot he was headed right as second option or again a flair pass.We're talking about no more than 1 1/2-2 inches either way.

Oddly enough he didn't score a TD that game. I ran a modified 53 defense against that team and the MLB was back an extra 2 yds; his first read was the hand of the TB, then shift slightly (1/2 step sideways) to the opposite of where the "film" indicated the TB was going to go. The DE had out-to-in contain and the OLB crashed down inside of DE leaving MLB and corner to make the tackle, unless the DE and/or OLB got there first.

For a bigger picture, if you've got 10 minutes or so, go to   https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/12/11/18135990/can-chris-klieman-duplicate-bison-dominance-at-kansas-state-north-dakota-state

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:56:16 PM by catbacker 73 »
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24555 on: June 13, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »
did you manually quote 'clams :lol:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24556 on: June 13, 2019, 06:44:31 PM »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #24557 on: June 13, 2019, 09:35:12 PM »
Korie Black, come on down

you too, Lanell Carr

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24558 on: June 13, 2019, 09:55:17 PM »
'taterblast

did you manually quote 'clams :lol:

Copy and paste seems to work fine. Why would I do it any other way?

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24559 on: June 13, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »
Korie Black, come on down

you too, Lanell Carr

Sounds like we are at least in the running with them, which is awesome. 

Anyone know where we stand with some of the Kansas kids like Conn, Stewart, Childs, Panzer, Berry?  I wish Pauls and Thomas would give us a second look.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24560 on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:09 AM »
'taterblast

did you manually quote 'clams

Copy and paste seems to work fine. Why would I do it any other way?
We need a combo film study/tech blog thread.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24561 on: June 14, 2019, 12:42:53 AM »
we had 4 recruits at this time last year. and wow, half our class last year were 2 stars. :blindfold:

im liking this new guy.

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24562 on: June 14, 2019, 03:22:43 AM »
stunted
we had 4 recruits at this time last year. and wow, half our class last year were 2 stars. :blindfold:

im liking this new guy.

according to some on here that makes you a traitor to KSU

Slowly and with feeling, tell these AZZWholes to go back to the depths of stupidity from whence they came.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24563 on: June 14, 2019, 07:32:55 AM »
stunted

im liking this new guy.

Slowly and with feeling, tell these AZZWholes to go back to the depths of stupidity from whence they came.
posted at 3:22 AM

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #24564 on: June 14, 2019, 07:59:55 AM »
pissclams

what i'd like to know from you and others is why breaking down game films is the best way to prepare for an opponent?

a team we played ran an RPO out of a base Veer set. They also used I and other sets but Veer was base. The left halfback was their main back, he'd also drop into the Tailback position in the I or single in shotgun set.

He always came out of a 3 point stance and we noticed that where his right hand (the one of the ground) was set indicated which direction and which hole he was headed for --- straight in front of right foot it was a dive off tackle, hand slightly to the right of his foot indicated he was going wide left or for flair pass, slightly to the left of his foot he was headed right as second option or again a flair pass.We're talking about no more than 1 1/2-2 inches either way.

Oddly enough he didn't score a TD that game. I ran a modified 53 defense against that team and the MLB was back an extra 2 yds; his first read was the hand of the TB, then shift slightly (1/2 step sideways) to the opposite of where the "film" indicated the TB was going to go. The DE had out-to-in contain and the OLB crashed down inside of DE leaving MLB and corner to make the tackle, unless the DE and/or OLB got there first.

For a bigger picture, if you've got 10 minutes or so, go to   https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/12/11/18135990/can-chris-klieman-duplicate-bison-dominance-at-kansas-state-north-dakota-state

This is stupid and won’t work. I’d dominate you on the football octagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24565 on: June 14, 2019, 08:22:42 AM »
stunted

im liking this new guy.

posted at 3:22 AM
‘Clams is really committing to this one
:adios:

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24566 on: June 14, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »

Amazing how many AZZhats live here.  When you've been where I've been, you'd know that pulling your head out of your azz is a good thing and not dangerous at all.

You and the Sooner wagon you rode in on.

1st, I said it was a 1st read of the "film." 2nd it worked very well. We beat them by 21 points. I'm sorry that you have No Clue as to the purpose of breaking down film.

But, hey, I've been doing this since 1960 which in no way compares with your expert knowledge ------ well, except maybe the fact that three of the coaches I grew up around were Hall of Fame Coaches.

I BOW to your Superior knowledge. He said while taking another swig of his whiskey.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:09:10 AM by catbacker 73 »

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24567 on: June 14, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »

Amazing how many AZZhats live here.  When you've been where I've been, you'd know that pulling your head out of your azz is a good thing and not dangerous at all.

You and the Sooner wagon you rode in on.

1st, I said it was a 1st read of the "film." 2nd it worked very well. We beat them by 21 points. I'm sorry that you have No Clue as to the purpose of breaking down film.

But, hey, I've been doing this since 1960 which in no way compares with your expert knowledge ------ well, except maybe the fact that three of the coaches I grew up around were Hall of Fame Coaches.

I BOW to your Superior knowledge. He said while taking another swig of his whiskey.
sorry not trying to judge but posting at 330 am, claiming to be an old, and drinking whiskey before noon? your name wouldnt happen to be Ted would it?

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24568 on: June 14, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
sorry not trying to judge but posting at 330 am, claiming to be an old, and drinking whiskey before noon? your name wouldnt happen to be Ted would it?

Nope, but to borrow a line, it's always 5:00 pm somewhere every hour.

Actually, now that I am retired, my day starts a 12:00pm --- 1:00pm and goes until I crash. Besides, Beam Honey + add-on makes for a type of Super Mead. And Nothing is better than Mead, well, except Super Mead.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24569 on: June 14, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »
I hope treysolid comes in here and kicks all of your asses for wrecking this thread. Shame on everyone.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24570 on: June 14, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »
wetwillie
I hope treysolid comes in here and kicks all of your asses for wrecking this thread. Shame on everyone.

You cannot believe how ashamed I am. Mostly for SD's lack of knowledge.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24571 on: June 14, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »
pissclams

There is a lot to unpack here.

I know that there is a tremendous number of ways to discuss the same concepts.  But...

What is a “veer” set?

This RB was always in a 3 point stance? Even in gun and I sets?

How was your mlb able to discern these less than an inch hand placement variations?

Why did you move the MLB away from the key?

Was this modified 5-3 like 3-3 stack with inverted safeties?

What were your speed option fits like?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #24572 on: June 14, 2019, 09:37:51 PM »
catbacker73, i'd like to hear your thoughts on each of our current commits for the 2020 class (3-4 sentences per recruit)

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24573 on: June 15, 2019, 05:58:48 AM »
Veer set is a halfback on the inside shoulder of the tackle about 3-4 yards deep. left HB on inside shoulder of LT and RH on inside shoulder of RT. QB under center or in shotgun.

QB's 1st read is DE to the side play is going.
If DE crashes inside then pull ball and and QB reads OLB/CB and decides to cut up inside or pitch to offside TB trailing.

You can run the same thing in the Diamond set NDSU ran under Messingham but then you have several more options with the Diamond back. Almost like Full House T or Single Wing. This puts the outside contain man on an island and either the OLB or Corner has to commit which opens up swing pass or wheel route.   

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24574 on: June 15, 2019, 06:13:34 AM »
Why did you move the MLB away from the key?

To make it easier for OLB, CB, and DE to carry out their assignments, and hopefully allow the MLB to clean up. Trouble was that OLB, CB and DE were able to stuff the left TB more often than not. MLB wanted more tackles, but then MLB Always wants more tackles; part of the reason they're MLB.