Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5702860 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #16300 on: May 04, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »

Crabtree tweeted that Delton was  whipping ass at some QB camp in Arlington. I think Delton has also put up some good 100m times. He might make the all-burner team as a junior. :surprised:

Elite 11 camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any mention if he will be a finalist?

I don't know. He may get an invite to the final camp, but I highly doubt he makes gets the distinction of Elite 11

Offline Holdin Manutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: May 04, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »
Somebody should post the espn insider article from the camp.

Offline SaltHawk_67501

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: May 04, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
All they wrote about our boy

What we thought

These guys in person were exactly what we felt they were on film: J.W. Ketchum, Alex Delton and Chason Virgil. They each performed as expected and we saw many of the strengths and weaknesses they bring to the table. All three have a chance to develop nicely.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: May 04, 2014, 10:56:32 PM »
Nice company he's being discussed with

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: May 05, 2014, 07:45:33 AM »
It's good that Kstate ku kept the best in state QB and KU k-state kept the second best in state.

FYP

I didn't see any info on Willis's performance at the Elite 11 camp.  link?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #16305 on: May 05, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »
rumblings of a possible QB transfer TO K-State... anyone else hearing anything?
Is it the TCU guy from Kansas? Maybe "his daughter is sick" and he's getting homeship to lessin the sit out period.

This guy ? https://rivals.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Matthews-106949
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. It's still a 2 year sitting policy by the ncaa when transferring within the conference. There has to be like a serious family issue or something else for them to transfer closer to home with out the major restriction.

What about the Mizzou kid?

He doesn't really fit what we do.  But, if he wanted to stay closer to home, I guess it would make sense.
Sounds like we don't want him as a Quarterback.
Sounds like we don't want him at all.

Trent Hosick update Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 9:30 this morning, Trent Hosick has not been contacted by Kansas State in regards to any interest pursuing him as a transfer, this from Trent himself.

The intriguing part of it all was despite K-State not showing interest, Hosick expressed to me that he would greatly be interested if they did reach out and contact him.

The former Wendy's High School Heisman finalist says that he's already received "a number of nice offers" but he'd rather not reveal those to the public at this time, as he continues to sort out his next destination privately with his family.

Keep in mind that K-State, specifically Del Miller, who is not only the QB coach but also served as his lead recruiter, did not see Hosick as strictly a scholarship quarterback out of high school. It sounds as though that's a position Hosick still desires to play and improve at, so if K-State were to get involved, it would be for one of three reasons...
1) They've seen enough development from Trent that they believe he's worthy of bringing on as a scholarship QB
2) They're willing to work with his abilities as a passer simply because they need depth at the position in the future
3) They want to bring Trent in as a QB, knowing they'll move him to another position (DEFINITELY not LHC Bill Snyder's style)
** Personally, I see Hosick having a better future career as a linebacker, but that's just my opinion **

Hosick, who graduated high school early to enroll at Mizzou, told me he has no timetable for making a choice, but that he "doesn't want to make the same mistake a second time". He will work quickly, but insists he doesn't want to rush anything.

LOL, do they even justin tuggle or daniel sams?

Also my MU bud says Hosick is going to K-State.

I think the point is that Snyder won't bring him here just to change him, though it could happen.  Tuggle and Sams were both given plenty of opportunity at QB.  Both looked at the depth chart and asked for a change.

When Chris Harper transferred did he spend anytime with the QBs? Or did he go straight to WR?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16306 on: May 05, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
rumblings of a possible QB transfer TO K-State... anyone else hearing anything?
Is it the TCU guy from Kansas? Maybe "his daughter is sick" and he's getting homeship to lessin the sit out period.

This guy ? https://rivals.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Matthews-106949
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. It's still a 2 year sitting policy by the ncaa when transferring within the conference. There has to be like a serious family issue or something else for them to transfer closer to home with out the major restriction.

What about the Mizzou kid?

He doesn't really fit what we do.  But, if he wanted to stay closer to home, I guess it would make sense.
Sounds like we don't want him as a Quarterback.
Sounds like we don't want him at all.

Trent Hosick update Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 9:30 this morning, Trent Hosick has not been contacted by Kansas State in regards to any interest pursuing him as a transfer, this from Trent himself.

The intriguing part of it all was despite K-State not showing interest, Hosick expressed to me that he would greatly be interested if they did reach out and contact him.

The former Wendy's High School Heisman finalist says that he's already received "a number of nice offers" but he'd rather not reveal those to the public at this time, as he continues to sort out his next destination privately with his family.

Keep in mind that K-State, specifically Del Miller, who is not only the QB coach but also served as his lead recruiter, did not see Hosick as strictly a scholarship quarterback out of high school. It sounds as though that's a position Hosick still desires to play and improve at, so if K-State were to get involved, it would be for one of three reasons...
1) They've seen enough development from Trent that they believe he's worthy of bringing on as a scholarship QB
2) They're willing to work with his abilities as a passer simply because they need depth at the position in the future
3) They want to bring Trent in as a QB, knowing they'll move him to another position (DEFINITELY not LHC Bill Snyder's style)
** Personally, I see Hosick having a better future career as a linebacker, but that's just my opinion **

Hosick, who graduated high school early to enroll at Mizzou, told me he has no timetable for making a choice, but that he "doesn't want to make the same mistake a second time". He will work quickly, but insists he doesn't want to rush anything.

LOL, do they even justin tuggle or daniel sams?

Also my MU bud says Hosick is going to K-State.

I think the point is that Snyder won't bring him here just to change him, though it could happen.  Tuggle and Sams were both given plenty of opportunity at QB.  Both looked at the depth chart and asked for a change.

When Chris Harper transferred did he spend anytime with the QBs? Or did he go straight to WR?

he held the clip board and had a headset on and warmed up with QBs during his RS year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16307 on: May 05, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »
Kansas State already has a commitment from the No. 13 ranked dual-threat quarterback in the nation in Alex Delton, but that isn't stopping the Wildcat coaching staff from looking for more options at the position as part of the Class of 2015.

Isaiah Ramsey was at Kansas State's spring game.
Omaha (Neb.) Skutt Catholic signal caller Isaiah Ramsey has been to Manhattan twice this spring for visits to the K-State program, with the most recent visit being for the Purple-White spring football game.

"I loved it a lot," the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Ramsey said. "It was my second time there. I was there for the junior day earlier this spring. I had a great time watching the game and seeing the crowd. It was just a good overall trip."

K-State quarterbacks coach Del Miller is in charge of the recruitment of Ramsey for the Wildcats.

"I like Coach Miller a lot," he said. "He and I talk from time to time and we visited when I was up there. He is going to come see me throw in person this spring. We are working on a date to get it scheduled so he can come by the school."

While no offer has come his way yet, Ramsey is optimistic one could be coming.

"Coach Miller has told me they want two quarterbacks in this class and they have one committed already and have an offer out to one they haven't heard from. He told me they will make moves of more offers in May and if they like what they see of me throwing I could be one of those.

"I am optimistic of that being me. I believe I am a good quarterback who can help a team like Kansas State. I believe I am better at throwing if I had to pick one or the other, but I do believe I am dual-threat guy. I think I'm good enough if you try to take away one of them in our offense, I can do the other and hurt you."

In addition to interest from the Wildcats, Ramsey is also hearing from Wyoming, Nebraska, Miami (Ohio), Drake, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, North Dakota and South Dakota.

"I am going to go to some camps this summer," he said. "I will go to one at K-State in June. It depends on the date of the ACT test which camp I will get to. I'll also go to Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska and possibly one at Drake. I want to learn about the schools some and hopefully have a decision made before school starts for the fall. I want to be able to focus on football with my team and not have to worry about recruiting and finding a school."
Get us a scouting report, SD.  :cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16308 on: May 05, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
asked some guys in my office and apparently he's an enormous stud. source A+.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16309 on: May 05, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #16310 on: May 05, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
let's wait for nebraska to offer and then steal him. :users:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: May 05, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »
Kansas State already has a commitment from the No. 13 ranked dual-threat quarterback in the nation in Alex Delton, but that isn't stopping the Wildcat coaching staff from looking for more options at the position as part of the Class of 2015.

Isaiah Ramsey was at Kansas State's spring game.
Omaha (Neb.) Skutt Catholic signal caller Isaiah Ramsey has been to Manhattan twice this spring for visits to the K-State program, with the most recent visit being for the Purple-White spring football game.

"I loved it a lot," the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Ramsey said. "It was my second time there. I was there for the junior day earlier this spring. I had a great time watching the game and seeing the crowd. It was just a good overall trip."

K-State quarterbacks coach Del Miller is in charge of the recruitment of Ramsey for the Wildcats.

"I like Coach Miller a lot," he said. "He and I talk from time to time and we visited when I was up there. He is going to come see me throw in person this spring. We are working on a date to get it scheduled so he can come by the school."

While no offer has come his way yet, Ramsey is optimistic one could be coming.

"Coach Miller has told me they want two quarterbacks in this class and they have one committed already and have an offer out to one they haven't heard from. He told me they will make moves of more offers in May and if they like what they see of me throwing I could be one of those.

"I am optimistic of that being me. I believe I am a good quarterback who can help a team like Kansas State. I believe I am better at throwing if I had to pick one or the other, but I do believe I am dual-threat guy. I think I'm good enough if you try to take away one of them in our offense, I can do the other and hurt you."

In addition to interest from the Wildcats, Ramsey is also hearing from Wyoming, Nebraska, Miami (Ohio), Drake, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, North Dakota and South Dakota.

"I am going to go to some camps this summer," he said. "I will go to one at K-State in June. It depends on the date of the ACT test which camp I will get to. I'll also go to Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska and possibly one at Drake. I want to learn about the schools some and hopefully have a decision made before school starts for the fall. I want to be able to focus on football with my team and not have to worry about recruiting and finding a school."
Get us a scouting report, SD.  :cheers:

Man, look at those heavyweights.......did not know the Dakota's had multiple schools each :sdeek:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
It's our backup in the class, PIPE. It's a perfect spot for a DIR. Don't be a dumbass.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #16313 on: May 05, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
I hope he turns out just as amazing as the last QB we pulled from Nebraska

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #16314 on: May 05, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »

I would  :lol: for days.

FOR DAYS!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16315 on: May 05, 2014, 05:23:23 PM »

I would  :lol: for days.

FOR DAYS!

jfc...
Back for more bad takes.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: May 05, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
emaw

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: May 06, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
Rob Cassidy ?@Cassidy_Rob 1m
#KState and #Michigan both offered Nixa (mo.) R2 running back Alec Murphy today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/uga/football/recruiting/player-Alec-Murphy-151293;_ylt=A0SO8yVWT2hTbngAoMZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdjdjaWp0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM5Nl8x

I like his size for a RB.

Future Gronk replacement, in case Dimel doesn't pan out?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: May 06, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
Forgive my ignorance on this point, but what actually fueled the down trend of Snyder's first tenure? I didn't follow as die hard then as I do now and I remember hearing it was because the program started targeting top level recruits.  Is that true?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16320 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
Forgive my ignorance on this point, but what actually fueled the down trend of Snyder's first tenure? I didn't follow as die hard then as I do now and I remember hearing it was because the program started targeting top level recruits.  Is that true?

all of our good coaches left because they didn't like coaching for him. the recruit targetting BS was just excuse making.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #16321 on: May 06, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »

We didn't really seem to target top level QB's. Dylan Meier, Allen Webb, Allan Everidge. Woof.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: May 06, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »

all of our good coaches left because they didn't like coaching for him. the recruit targeting BS was just excuse making.

What was Bill doing that they didn't like?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: May 06, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »

We didn't really seem to target top level QB's. Dylan Meier, Allen Webb, Allan Everidge. Woof.

oh we targetted them. we just didn't land any. which also goes back to our good coaches leaving.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: May 06, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »

all of our good coaches left because they didn't like coaching for him. the recruit targeting BS was just excuse making.

What was Bill doing that they didn't like?
Taco Bell only diet, gets old, and look what it did to Mangino.