Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5739131 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #14525 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:23 AM »
that was the real 'hatter? :sdeek:

Where are the barrage of "love 'hatter" posts whenever that dumbass tuck is mentioned on here. It isn't the first time he's trashed a former recruit and won't be the last. He's no different than most that sees these guys as nothing more than commodities. Can't wait to hear again about how cool hatter is.

almost every fan of any sports team amateur or pro sees players as commodities.  Is that your critique of hatter?  People like hatter because he is absurdly enthusiastic about recruits and a goofball.

Yeah that's my critique.  Fans that see recruits as commodities instead people make posts like eastcat did earlier in this thread hoping that Sharp got no offer or the hundreds of gpc posts that have been mocked on here. If people want to say that hatter is entertaining fine, whatever. But his post about the Sharp decommittment was deplorable and if it were from any of those other idiots from there we would be at like 5 pages calling the poster and anyone ever associated with gpc a racist. I can't separate the LOLworthy "he has great hips, explosiveness, and the thighs of a hall of fame linebacker" from that crap he posted today; its all in the same packaging.

I have no respect for any old man who can't be emphatic to 17 & 18 year olds making the biggest decision of their lives. I hope all of the people riding for 'hatter aren't posting in that Nebraska thread, would be hard to parse.
Quit being a righteous uppity fuckface.

I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: January 21, 2014, 07:05:57 AM »
All in all, not a bad couple days!

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: January 21, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »
unless the staff is planning on going after a much bigger-name QB now, they ought to just give that scholarship to colby moore and call it a day.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: January 21, 2014, 07:42:42 AM »

Where are the barrage of "love 'hatter" posts whenever that dumbass tuck is mentioned on here. It isn't the first time he's trashed a former recruit and won't be the last. He's no different than most that sees these guys as nothing more than commodities. Can't wait to hear again about how cool hatter is.

almost every fan of any sports team amateur or pro sees players as commodities.  Is that your critique of hatter?  People like hatter because he is absurdly enthusiastic about recruits and a goofball.

Yeah that's my critique.  Fans that see recruits as commodities instead people make posts like eastcat did earlier in this thread hoping that Sharp got no offer or the hundreds of gpc posts that have been mocked on here. If people want to say that hatter is entertaining fine, whatever. But his post about the Sharp decommittment was deplorable and if it were from any of those other idiots from there we would be at like 5 pages calling the poster and anyone ever associated with gpc a racist. I can't separate the LOLworthy "he has great hips, explosiveness, and the thighs of a hall of fame linebacker" from that crap he posted today; its all in the same packaging.

I have no respect for any old man who can't be emphatic to 17 & 18 year olds making the biggest decision of their lives. I hope all of the people riding for 'hatter aren't posting in that Nebraska thread, would be hard to parse.
That will never change, KITNfury.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: January 21, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »

There is a thick line between wishing a kid's future wife is a whore because he decided to go to school somewhere other than where I went or calling women bitches in a public forum because they disagreed with a racist tweet & the alternatives. I'm very comfortable with what side of that line I sit on. I dunno you guys call that righteous, to most its just a general expectation of decency.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: January 21, 2014, 08:11:49 AM »
MIR, never done/said a bad thing in his life. He's above it all. God bless his heart.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: January 21, 2014, 08:13:20 AM »

There is a thick line between wishing a kid's future wife is a whore because he decided to go to school somewhere other than where I went or calling women bitches in a public forum because they disagreed with a racist tweet & the alternatives. I'm very comfortable with what side of that line I sit on. I dunno you guys call that righteous, to most its just a general expectation of decency.

Personally, I think you're too smart and clever to be calling someone a "bitch".

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »
MIR, never done/said a bad thing in his life. He's above it all. God bless his heart.
Not to mention, random well wishes/bad wishes posted on the internet have MAJOR impacts on what happens to the players' lives. Got to get that crap straightened out.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Peter Nincompoop

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »
A lot of excitement over Delton.  Why?  What is his game like?  What makes him so special?  Legitimate questions.  Know nothing of him.  Upset over losing Sharp, but most of you on here seem like Delton is better anyway. 

Anyway......EMAW man.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »
delton really isn't a solution to sharp being in different classes.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14535 on: January 21, 2014, 08:35:55 AM »
It's easy to get excited about Delton since he's at a Kansas high school.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: January 21, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »
Our fans get excited over three star QBs like other fans get excited over five star QBs.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: January 21, 2014, 08:44:39 AM »
Wish we could have kept Sharp because I think he could have been really good.  Biggest concern now is Ertz development so DS4MS can play WR and not have to sit the bench for fear of losing Waters to injury.  Sharp would have solved that problem.

Going forward, if Delton continues to get better he has the potential to be a long time starter unless we snag a JUCO QB ala Waters or someone else steps up with experience. 

Great stuff on Elijah, thats the premium info right there.  Lets build a pipeline to BS.

All in all, its a good time to be EMAW.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: January 21, 2014, 08:48:52 AM »
Our fans get excited over three star QBs like other fans get excited over five star QBs.

very true. 

on an unrelated note, was perusing the rivals rankins and noticed that the Big XII (OU) has a single 5* commitment.  The SEC has a gazillion. 

Weird.  I assume UT has taken a hit because of Mack/Strong.  dunno. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #14539 on: January 21, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »

very true. 

on an unrelated note, was perusing the rivals rankins and noticed that the Big XII (OU) has a single 5* commitment.  The SEC has a gazillion. 

I think it's a chicken/egg perception dispute.

Is the SEC getting a bunch of 5* kids, or are the kids being ranked as 5* kids because they have a bunch of SEC offers?

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: January 21, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
Back for more bad takes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: January 21, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »

Personally, I think you're too smart and clever to be calling someone a "bitch".

:confused:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: January 21, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »

ACC has more also.  Sad. 

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: January 21, 2014, 09:14:37 AM »
getting a juco QB isn't so cut-and-dry. in past two classes, only 4 QBs have been in the juco top 100. two of those guys were marshall and waters. you haven't heard of the other two guys and they have just two power 6 offers between them. losing sharp really does mess up our depth if we can't find a replacement in this class. after this season, we'll have sams (who might not be a QB anymore) ertz and hubener on the roster. yikes.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »
not sure if i had watched Delton film before... just watched his sophomore highlights... tons of potential. his speed has been noted, but his release is very impressive. WANT.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #14545 on: January 21, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »
not sure if i had watched Delton film before... just watched his sophomore highlights... tons of potential. his speed has been noted, but his release is very impressive. WANT.

Here are his junior highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/539767/highlights/73474381?autoplay=1

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: January 21, 2014, 09:31:21 AM »

Do we know if he has any arm strength? All of throws shows he has touch but does he ever throw into tight windows?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: January 21, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »

Do we know if he has any arm strength? All of throws shows he has touch but does he ever throw into tight windows?

was going to post the same thing. thanks panjandrum. i like pretty much everything about him but i'd like to see how he throws a deep ball.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
I don't see it.  Kid can make some slow KS kids miss and can fit some balls in around HORRIBLE dbacks.  Good athlete. Will take.  NOT the QB of the future here at KSU.  <-- Mark the tape.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: January 21, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
Isn't every athlete looked at like a commodity  :confused:
granted manhatter was talking out of his ass and acting like a tool, thats what should be complained about.