Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5739307 times)

EMAWzifried and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #14500 on: January 20, 2014, 11:15:58 PM »
I really liked Sharp, but if losing him lands Delton, then im fine with It.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: January 20, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »
sucks to hear about Sharp. oh well.

One door closes, another opens...

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: January 20, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
DJamer Wally wanted me to share this...

In the midst of all the chaos tonight upon Aaron Sharp announcing his decision to attend UCLA, I received an intriguing message.

Highly coveted 2015 quarterback Alex Delton reached out to me and wanted to know if the Sharp buzz was true. When I told him that it was, Delton proceeded to tell me how heavy K-State has been on him lately. Perhaps coaches saw this all coming or perhaps they just value him that much. Either way, it's paying off big to this point.

Delton says he's loving the attention from K-State right now and that he and the staff have already developed a "special relationship".

I wrapped up our brief conversation by finally asking the obvious: How much does Sharp's de-commitment matter to Delton's recruitment?

Alex's answer? "Definitely matters."

Wouldn't expect Delton to announce any sort of commitment any time soon, to K-State or any place else. But you have to like the direction his recruitment is heading from a Wildcat point of view.

Thanks, Fitz.
:love:
Sorry, but if Delton is really as good as we're hyping him up to be, shouldn't competition for the starting job intrigue/not bother him at all.  :dubious:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:03 PM »

In the midst of all the chaos tonight upon Aaron Sharp announcing his decision to attend UCLA, I received an intriguing message.

Highly coveted 2015 quarterback Alex Delton reached out to me and wanted to know if the Sharp buzz was true. When I told him that it was, Delton proceeded to tell me how heavy K-State has been on him lately. Perhaps coaches saw this all coming or perhaps they just value him that much. Either way, it's paying off big to this point.

Delton says he's loving the attention from K-State right now and that he and the staff have already developed a "special relationship".

I wrapped up our brief conversation by finally asking the obvious: How much does Sharp's de-commitment matter to Delton's recruitment?

Wouldn't expect Delton to announce any sort of commitment any time soon, to K-State or any place else. But you have to like the direction his recruitment is heading from a Wildcat point of view.
Kind of OT, but why aren't you this good on GPC.  goEMAW, where quality matters.  :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:41 PM »

Thanks, Fitz.
:love:
Sorry, but if Delton really as good as we're hyping him up to be, shouldn't competition for the starting job intrigue/not bother him at all.  :dubious:

Pfftt

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14505 on: January 20, 2014, 11:21:40 PM »
goEMAW, where quality matters.  :love:
The word

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: January 20, 2014, 11:22:49 PM »
Because Sharp is legitimately really good as well.  Delton has the highest ceiling of anyone we've probably ever had.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #14507 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »
Because Sharp is legitimately really good as well.  Delton has the highest ceiling of anyone we've probably ever had.

ER3 was pretty damn high.

When he stepped onto the field in mop up time as a Frosh, the electricity was palpable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: January 20, 2014, 11:46:43 PM »
Hatter is usually wildly inappropriate but always an entertaining writer.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:54 AM »
i like hatter because i picture him in my mind with fingers the size of my hands pecking away at a laptop when he posts.

also, for seven, it's not just dumbasses, i've done it too.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: January 21, 2014, 12:03:28 AM »
Hubert was solid, but it's not like he was some KState legend or something.  He shouldn't be THAT hard to replace, and replacing him with bigger, faster guy who's performed well in practices sounds good to me.  We'll see.
Second most yards gained in  K-State history, dumbfuck.  :U R STUPID:
Wouldn't be that hard to when you start for 3 years and have Collin Klein, dumbfuck.

I feel like it's even more impressive, considering how many carries CK had every game.  Huber was practically non existent during several games and it wasn't because he performed poorly, CK just kept the ball repeatedly.   Regardless, Hubert was a very good but not great RB for us.   Expecting the next guy to be better is asking a lot but he certainly might be.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14511 on: January 21, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »
Hatter is scary to me.  Comes across as more psychopath than comedian.  Like, if I was tailgating with him and was skeptical about some 4.2 40 time he was telling me about, I would fully expect him to get crazy eyes and pull a knife on me.

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: January 21, 2014, 12:14:54 AM »
Elijah isn't leaving us for anyone including Nub or Mizzou

My wife works with Elijah's mom and this is a instant message conversation between them from just a bit ago

12:03 AM - Wifey
so i am supposed to ask you.....Elijah isnt looking at the color red....is he?
12:04 AM - Momma
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm I squashed that
So Bo Pelini came down and paid him a visit at school a couple a days ago.
12:04 AM - Wifey
lol
12:05 AM - Momma
That's Nebraska's head Coach.. And whatever lies he was attempting to sell i had to remind Elijah that's exactly what they are and i do not support that decision ... and there will be no more conversation with Nebraska.. they are pretty slick tho
12:06 AM - Wifey
wow
12:06 AM - Momma
Yeah have to remember it's like a few weeks until signing day and Nebraska lost a DE commit and then another guy decommited from them and came to Kstate..
So of course go for one of KState top recruits. and they are hoping to get these other 2 juniors next year figured if they get Elijah they know those 2 would come.. however we as parents wouldn't let that happen lol

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14513 on: January 21, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »
Elijah's mom is a confirmed emaw stud.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: January 21, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
Also, good stuff, smith1051.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14515 on: January 21, 2014, 12:20:31 AM »

Also, good stuff, smith1051.
This. Talk about primo-info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: January 21, 2014, 12:22:53 AM »
never met a smith1051 that wasn't a total stud

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »
never met a smith1051 that wasn't a total stud

Yeah all of them have total stud wives too.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:46 AM »
And let Khalil & Carlos know that we'd love for them to join the family too. They deserve better than Bo or any other Big XII cast-offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MeatGeeKSU

• Fan
  • One man's villain is another man's hero, captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14519 on: January 21, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »

So of course go for one of KState top recruits. and they are hoping to get these other 2 juniors next year figured if they get Elijah they know those 2 would come.. however we as parents wouldn't let that happen lol

So wait, are the two juniors in question just recruits from elsewhere or Blue Springs guys that look up to Elijah or something that we could get instead?
"I’m the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don’t is better yet. I’m the women’s pick, I’m the men’s regret and if you pick against LHC Bill Snyder you made a bad bet.”

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14520 on: January 21, 2014, 12:37:26 AM »

So wait, are the two juniors in question just recruits from elsewhere or Blue Springs guys that look up to Elijah or something that we could get instead?

The Davis brothers from his high school

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: January 21, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »
Elijah's mom is a confirmed emaw stud.

Apparently, the mothers of the two juniors are also studs.   Feels good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:35 AM »
that was the real 'hatter? :sdeek:

Where are the barrage of "love 'hatter" posts whenever that dumbass tuck is mentioned on here. It isn't the first time he's trashed a former recruit and won't be the last. He's no different than most that sees these guys as nothing more than commodities. Can't wait to hear again about how cool hatter is.

almost every fan of any sports team amateur or pro sees players as commodities.  Is that your critique of hatter?  People like hatter because he is absurdly enthusiastic about recruits and a goofball.

Yeah that's my critique.  Fans that see recruits as commodities instead people make posts like eastcat did earlier in this thread hoping that Sharp got no offer or the hundreds of gpc posts that have been mocked on here. If people want to say that hatter is entertaining fine, whatever. But his post about the Sharp decommittment was deplorable and if it were from any of those other idiots from there we would be at like 5 pages calling the poster and anyone ever associated with gpc a racist. I can't separate the LOLworthy "he has great hips, explosiveness, and the thighs of a hall of fame linebacker" from that crap he posted today; its all in the same packaging.

I have no respect for any old man who can't be emphatic to 17 & 18 year olds making the biggest decision of their lives. I hope all of the people riding for 'hatter aren't posting in that Nebraska thread, would be hard to parse.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: January 21, 2014, 02:16:35 AM »
If there is even a speck of truth to Wally's conversation, then I am very happy to have lost Sharp.

Also, CartierFor3 better add smith1051 to his "Buds" list as soon as he reads his update.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: January 21, 2014, 02:29:28 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't have copied Hatter's post. He deserves a chance to defend himself and hopefully he comes over here soon to do so. That being, his Sharp posts have been beyond moronic and germane to the ongoing conversation we've been having about recruiting flips.