Author Topic: Jake  (Read 33726 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Jake
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
He's obviously lost something. Tough to tell if it's a focus issue or what.

It's pretty easy to tell he lost Denis.

he's the same or better in just about every stat you can find, except 3 pt%.  probably a little reversion to the mean & a little throwing up 3s late in the clock after his teammates fail to do anything.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:19 AM »

he's the same or better in just about every stat you can find, except 3 pt%.  probably a little reversion to the mean & a little throwing up 3s late in the clock after his teammates fail to do anything.

At some point people will get this.  I don't mean morons either.  There are a lot of smart people who can't read a stat sheet.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2011, 07:00:18 AM »

Yeah. Denis took a lot of shots late in the shot clock, too. Also set up a lot of transition 3's for Pullen. (Purely anecdotal).

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »
:lol:

This thread is like a group of adults talking with a bunch of children.

If you hate Jake, then leave forever. The fan base, the state of Kansas, the country, and ESPECIALLY this board. You are seriously delusional. Players make mistakes, or fail to make big plays. You can not expect perfection. Jake may not have lived up to expectations, but that is not completely his fault. He is still, easily, our best player. Do you idiots realize he is our highest scorer? And he leads our team in assists?

Great. Thanks for playing.

Hmm where were the player defenders when we had clent? there are some serious haters on this board, you all find someone to pile on, for the CU game it was Jake.  he has lost something this year for sure...however, I don't hate any of our players.  we just suck this year and its disappointing. reminds me too much of magina's last season with KU.   :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »

this.

anyone hating on jake is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). without him, we'd be lucky to make the NIT.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »
We really need Jake to have a big game tonight to have a chance. Like a BYU/Xavier game.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
:lol:

This thread is like a group of adults talking with a bunch of children.

If you hate Jake, then leave forever. The fan base, the state of Kansas, the country, and ESPECIALLY this board. You are seriously delusional. Players make mistakes, or fail to make big plays. You can not expect perfection. Jake may not have lived up to expectations, but that is not completely his fault. He is still, easily, our best player. Do you idiots realize he is our highest scorer? And he leads our team in assists?

Great. Thanks for playing.

Hmm where were the player defenders when we had clent?

This board didn't exist when we had Clent.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
We really need Jake to have a big game tonight to have a chance. Like a BYU/Xavier game.

I'm thinking like an Askia Jones NIT game

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
FTR, I don't hate Jake, its just that at many times this year his play has been frustrating. Sure, I'm glad he's on our team, but that doesn't mean that he's lived up to his potential. Others, like Sprads and Gruds, while they may not be overall as good a player as Pullen, have met or exceeded my expectations (which were lower), and they are underclassmen, so they aren't as quickly criticized.

Pullen is a senior, has 4 yrs of experience w/ Martin and the program, and has a high talent level, so when he hogs the ball only to turn it over or chuck up a well-guarded 3 (few of which he has hit all year), it can be frustrating. Pullen, Gruds, Sprads and Samuels all have very similar points/attempt, and I wish he'd focus some more on moving the ball around to find a good shot for someone rather than dribbling it around for 20 seconds in half-court sets.  :dunno: He's just held to a higher standard, and I believe rightfully so. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »
Your (undefined) expectations of Pullen are stupid (whatever they are).

He's been incredible for a 3 star who picked us over Dayton.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »
Pullen, Gruds, Sprads and Samuels all have very similar points/attempt

why don't Spradling, McGruder and Samuels shoot more then.  is it not their own fault?

have you not considered the fact they don't have the talent to create their own shots like Pullen does. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2011, 01:38:41 PM »
Your (undefined) expectations of Pullen are stupid (whatever they are).

He's been incredible for a 3 star who picked us over Dayton.

Its pretty clear many of our fans expected BYU/Xavier type performances every game this year.

And the Big 12 stats he's putting up this year are almost identical to last year. With Kelly missing action and no Clemente, he's performing very well.

Pullen is scoring 18.9 PPG with an eFG% of 46.3% in Big 12 games. Last year he was at 17.8 PPG and 45.9%. Pullen's assist to turnovers averge per game this year is 3.5 to 2.9. Last year was 3.6 to 2.9. Pullen is averaging 1.3 steals per game after averaging 1.8 steals per game last year.  Rebounds are 1.8 this year to 2.2 last year.  

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
and I wish he'd focus some more on moving the ball around to find a good shot for someone rather than dribbling it around for 20 seconds in half-court sets.

jfc, have you even watched them lately?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »
and I wish he'd focus some more on moving the ball around to find a good shot for someone rather than dribbling it around for 20 seconds in half-court sets.

jfc, have you even watched them lately?

More proof that fans see whatever the heck they want to see, and often that doesn't fit with what is really happening.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
Bump.  rough ridin' idiots. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »
This kind of performance (not just shots falling, but taking better shots + playing w/ intensity throughout) is what you idiots seem to think I shouldn't expect. It's SO good to see the ol' Pullz come back again (w/o Clemente, people!). Congrats Pullz -- you played like a champion tonight. I KNEW you had it in you!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2011, 10:31:59 PM »
Bump.  rough ridin' idiots. 

nothing calms the waters like a win over ku.  who cares what else happens all season, right?  

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
This kind of performance (not just shots falling, but taking better shots + playing w/ intensity throughout) is what you idiots seem to think I shouldn't expect. It's SO good to see the ol' Pullz come back again (w/o Clemente, people!). Congrats Pullz -- you played like a champion tonight. I KNEW you had it in you!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Love you jake.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
Bump.  effing idiots. 

nothing calms the waters like a win over ku.  who cares what else happens all season, right?  

BINGO!!!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »
Latest Tardville Conspiracy Theory:  Jake has been point shaving until tonight.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2011, 10:42:05 PM »
Latest Tardville Conspiracy Theory:  Jake has been point shaving until tonight.

Might buy that myself.
Naaaaah, he's too emaw. Due for a very big game (defense, too, check out Taylor's six TOs, 1 assist.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »
Latest Tardville Conspiracy Theory:  Jake has been point shaving until tonight.

I'm responsible for that... and after tonight, it's pretty much confirmed. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2011, 10:45:45 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
So hilarious how this game cemented Pullen's legacy with the bulk of our fanbase. Nothing else ever happened while he was here. We beat KU twice and went to the elite 8. That's all. Nothing else ever happened.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »
So hilarious how this game cemented Pullen's legacy with the bulk of our fanbase. Nothing else ever happened while he was here. We beat KU twice and went to the elite 8. That's all. Nothing else ever happened.

Also, that's not sarcastic. Love you, Jake. Nothing else ever happened.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."