Author Topic: Jake  (Read 32934 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jake
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »
Has Jake lost any chance of getting his jersey hung? I say yes

If he gets his Jersey hung.  Who is going to Boo with me?

JFC, you guys are worse than the dumbasses who booed Colon. The shirt tucks are better than you. Think about that.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
I know Jake for some reason likes to dribble off his feet sometimes, but he picked the worst possible time to do so.

It's like a guy with tourettes dropping F bombs in Church, just shouldn't happen

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
Would like to know how many points he gives up and have that counted against the points he scores.  He is a loser.

What are you talking about? He plays great defense.

Yes, he makes too many turnovers, but he's still our best playmaking guard.

By far.

We got hooked by a group of idiots.  Seriously one of these dudes is repeatedly calling Jake a pussy, another two are talking about how much he sucks, and yet another thinks Jake is obligated to make a play late just because.  Using any type of logic or reason is pointless.

I agree 100% MIR, Jake = huge pussy.  Great point.  He just couldn't make any plays late.  

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
Has Jake lost any chance of getting his jersey hung? I say yes

If he gets his Jersey hung.  Who is going to Boo with me?

JFC, you guys are worse than the dumbasses who booed Colon. The shirt tucks are better than you. Think about that.

BOOM!
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:07 PM »
We would have 2 conference wins without Jake.

maybe 1.

I would count TT and NU. No more than that though.

Offline KSU176

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
I know Jake for some reason likes to dribble off his feet sometimes, but he picked the worst possible time to do so.

It's like a guy with tourettes dropping F bombs in Church, just shouldn't happen

He usually forgets how to dribble time after time...game after game.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »
jake is average at best right now.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »
retards hate Jake just like they hated Freemaw.  haters gunna hate.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »

he averages 18 a game.  do you think average players average 18 a game?  he is currently the second leading scorer in kstate history.  all the jake hate is ridiculous.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:30 PM »

he averages 18 a game.  do you think average players average 18 a game?  he is currently the second leading scorer in kstate history.  all the jake hate is ridiculous.
Jake 18pts not found

found page
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310430038
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »
The Jake hate is something else. It's apparent on BOTC to. 1 thread isn't enough to cover it. It needs a rough ridin' book written about it.

I just don't know what people to expect. Do they expect rough ridin' superman to pop out every game? The Xavier game is rough ridin' with people's heads. He's our best offensive playmaker, it's not even close. A future NBAer made a play. It is what it is. Oh, he missed some FTs? So did everyone else. Don't give me that clutch bullshit. Purely BS to talk about. So much went wrong today to put blame on one rough ridin' thing. In conclusion...  Love him. go cats.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
Jake is our best player.  Has been all year.   Just wished our best player had an attitude that makes that good player a "special player"

btw.... man i miss Clemente.   His defense was suspect on a team that prided itself on D....... but the guy had that attitude.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »
Jake is our best player.  Has been all year.   Just wished our best player had an attitude that makes that good player a "special player"

btw.... man i miss Clemente.   His defense was suspect on a team that prided itself on D....... but the guy had that attitude.

he got picked, went right back down the court and hit the game tying 3...  if only frank had as much confidence as jake does...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2011, 01:06:30 AM »
Just wished our best player had an attitude that makes that good player a "special player"

What the eff does that mean?  Jake pulled up a chair next to you and said "help me, tell me what I need to do to be a special player."  What tangible advise do you give him?  

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2011, 01:08:44 AM »
 :lol:

This thread is like a group of adults talking with a bunch of children.

If you hate Jake, then leave forever. The fan base, the state of Kansas, the country, and ESPECIALLY this board. You are seriously delusional. Players make mistakes, or fail to make big plays. You can not expect perfection. Jake may not have lived up to expectations, but that is not completely his fault. He is still, easily, our best player. Do you idiots realize he is our highest scorer? And he leads our team in assists?

Great. Thanks for playing.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2011, 01:11:10 AM »

If you hate Jake, then leave forever. The fan base, the state of Kansas, the country, and ESPECIALLY this board. You are seriously delusional. Players make mistakes, or fail to make big plays. You can not expect perfection. Jake may not have lived up to expectations, but that is not completely his fault. He is still, easily, our best player. Do you idiots realize he is our highest scorer? And he leads our team in assists?

Yeah, the fans would see Jake's mistakes as excusable if his supporting cast consistently played worth a crap. Since they aren't, he's somehow getting the blame.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »

Agreed. Weird how much better Pullen looks when he has a point guard next to him who can hit floaters, nail 3's, and dribble from endline to endline in 3 seconds flat.

Yeah, the fans would see Jake's mistakes as excusable if his supporting cast consistently played worth a crap. Since they aren't, he's somehow getting the blame.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »

Agreed. Weird how much better Pullen looks when he has a point guard next to him who can hit floaters, nail 3's, and dribble from endline to endline in 3 seconds flat.

Jamar, Rodney, Shane, Victor, Ta, Sprad all have something in common.  If our senior leader had stepped up and beaten the aforementioned players we would have won.  What did those players do as good or better then Jake?
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310430038

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2011, 01:26:01 AM »
question(s). Does being a Senior give you special powers? Make you play better? Give you a statistical advantage?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2011, 01:28:08 AM »
question(s). Does being a Senior give you special powers? Make you play better? Give you a statistical advantage?

Obviously.

Energy and LuCo were the the best players last year.  CU's seniors are awesome too, clearly their best players.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2011, 01:31:11 AM »

Jamar, Rodney, Shane, Victor, Ta, Sprad all have something in common.  If our senior leader had stepped up and beaten the aforementioned players we would have won.  What did those players do as good or better then Jake?
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310430038

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2011, 01:34:42 AM »
experience is rough ridin' huge.  It tends to make better players preform at a higher level in clutch situations.  Experience makes you realize what is going on, makes you slow down the pace of the surroundings to a manageable setting and should allow a top performer for a team to help create a desirable result.   

Or you rough ridin' choke.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »
In the 8 losses he played in=
34.2 % FG
28.5% 3pt
73.6% FT
3 more turnovers than assists

Still like Jake, but not gonna say i love him........     When our team is struggling, its clear his numbers don't rise up and help us get over a hump

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 01:50:08 AM »
Same brand of idiots that were saying "BISHOP SUCKS!!!" after the '98 championship.

Jake's the QB.  You live and die by him.  Sometimes he fucks up.  Sometimes it's a really bad time to eff up.

Is he Jimmer rough ridin' Fredette?  No.  Does he suck?  Absolutely not.  

Not sure why this is so hard for some of you.  We're K-State.  This is what we do.  We piss down our leg like it's our rough ridin' job!  :emawkid:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."