Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583807 times)

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #3025 on: March 31, 2012, 12:55:58 AM »
If that guy is correct and its not Dougie i will do my part to boo the crap out of sutton or whoever else his first game and every game after. I will be happy with a surpise Pearl announcement though. Currie mumped up to piss off the Angriest Fanbase in America.

:bball: :bball: :bball:

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »
Cleaned it up a bit:

Good stuff, Duncan. Thinking maybe they should all be purple. I forgot that the original posters were crimson and blue -- a little weird for K-State.

Your font is a little meh. Here is a free font that is similar to the Gotham font used for the Obama posters: http://www.tenbytwenty.com/nevis.php

Another possible choice is the font K-State Athletics uses, but I'm not sure what it's called:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:26 AM »
What I've heard. Currie: "This is Kstate, we will not settle for scraps". When it comes to gottlieb: "The man knows what he's talking about". It's repetitive, but promising.

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 31, 2012, 01:33:40 AM »
What I've heard. Currie: "This is Kstate, we will not settle for scraps". When it comes to gottlieb: "The man knows what he's talking about". It's repetitive, but promising.

:ohno: :drool:
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 31, 2012, 01:40:14 AM »

Another possible choice is the font K-State Athletics uses, but I'm not sure what it's called:

I think it is something like Serpentine Bold Italic

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: March 31, 2012, 01:43:52 AM »

I think it is something like Serpentine Bold Italic

Yes, that's it.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: March 31, 2012, 02:00:54 AM »
my god you dumbasses, jank's ex is a hartman and hates his guts as much as we do (thank god).
thanks SD....and another thing, skank hates the Hartman family in return, the dude wants nothing to do with KSU which hopefully is good for us!

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: March 31, 2012, 02:29:56 AM »
I'm too incoheriant to make a real post right now...but team #gottlieb!...by ten way this'd took me like 10 min to make this readable

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: March 31, 2012, 03:17:18 AM »

Grade your source, or I will ignore this post. And if it's A- or lower, I'll ignore it as well. Choose wisely.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The funny thing is that Currie is going to announce Brad Stevens or some other who would have been a "home run" hire before this went down and we are going to burn his house down for it and it's his own fault because he is a devious tight lipped bad person.

I have prepared an emotional contingency for this.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: March 31, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
smoke that a new coach is hired and Currie is going to try to upstage the final four with the hire announcement. Must be a huge name.
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
smoke that a new coach is hired and Currie is going to try to upstage the final four with the hire announcement. Must be a huge name.

Would be fantastic.  Prob is that it would have to be a truly amazing or unconventional hire(like Stevens or Doug) for it to get anything more than a blurb over the NC coverage.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: March 31, 2012, 08:10:15 AM »
Don't do this to yourselves.

A high profile hire with a lot of money involved isn't kept this quiet.

It's kept quiet when the media doesn't give a crap, ie Tad Boyle or some other unattractive scrub.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: March 31, 2012, 08:28:04 AM »

Does this smoke have a name?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: March 31, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »
Smoke Monster Doug Gottlieb.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Smoke Monster Doug Gottlieb.
Like rough ridin' "Lost."

Offline Thecatwhisperer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 31, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
I'm still #Gottlieb4KSU forever but this has legs...

http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36384

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #3042 on: March 31, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »
I'm still #Gottlieb4KSU forever but this has legs...

http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36384

I don't feel like that would upstage the final 4 :dubious:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 31, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »
Bryce Alford, 2013 commit to UNM. (and of course, son of head coach)

http://www.lostlettermen.com/3-30-2012-bryce-alford-steve-alford-new-mexico-future-lettermen/

Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: March 31, 2012, 08:59:09 AM »
Dear Mr. John Currie,

I was genuinely upset when Frank Martin left, as was the rest of the Wildcat nation. We could play the blame game back and forth, but I believe the right decisions were made for compliance and I respect the image this university has put forth in the past month.

I know you also respect this image, evidenced in your move to suspend Jamar Samuels during the most critical part of our season. This speaks volumes of your transparency, and although 90% of Wildcat fans wanted to run you out of town, you stood in the face of pure hatred and waved the "Clean Image" Banner high above our university and beloved athletics.

I'm asking you now, as a student and as a long time Wildcat fan, please consider Doug Gottlieb for the head coaching position here at Kansas State University. I realize the risk - I wouldn't be supporting him if I didn't understand how inexperienced he is. However I think there are many, many things that make Doug Gottlieb the most attractive hire for Kansas State University.

First of all, Doug's image follows our values here at Kansas State University. Doug Gottlieb has one of the best images around the country. All ESPN analysts are respected for their work, and Doug is no exception. But more so, Doug Gottlieb has always been a Wildcat fan. You can see the purple blood coursing through his veins on national television - he loves our university. He would be committed to this program in a way other candidates for the position would not be. Other coaches would likely have to be wooed away from their programs, a decision likely regretted in the future. Doug loves us, and we should love him.

Second of all, Doug is experienced. Yes, he has never had head coaching experience, but in a recent interview with Mercury report Rob Cassidy, Doug laid out a very specific plan for what he would do at Kansas State University. While every head coach has one of these plans, Doug has one of these as an analyst. If I could underline and highlight this, I would. This shows incredible drive and passion for this position - something I think is incredibly showing from an analyst. Taking a "risk" on Doug can be, and is extremely sensible. Fred Hoiberg took 2 years at Iowa State, and finished in the top 5 of the Big 12, and has an incredibly respected squad across the country - all without having any previous head coaching experience. It has been done before (reference NC State coach Mark Gottfried) and it could be extremely beneficial. Doug knows our fanbase, our recruiting base, and has a plan to take Kansas State to new heights. He has undoubtedly watched hours and hours of game film, and I'm sure he would bring the right assistants to implement his plan.

Thirdly, and lastly, Doug would be an excellent recruiter with no restrictions. Nearly every high school senior has watched ESPN and seen and heard Doug. Right off the bat, you get a name with instant recognition (very important in marketing yourself), and someone with ties in the Midwest and West regions. Of course, no blue chip recruits will be tripping over themselves to come to our program, and the Wildcat nation doesn't expect you to hire someone with that kind of recruiting powers. However, instant recognition combined with our facilities is an EXCELLENT combination for a successful program.

I realize your inbox must be full of other emails pushing various names in the coaching world. I also realize you must have a short list and Doug's name is coming out of far left field, but I and the rest of the Wildcat nation would appreciate due diligence in hiring our next coach - please give Doug Gottlieb a call!

My email to Currie... #Gottlieb4KSU

The Mercury reporter was Cole Manbeck.  Rob was probably eating a couple sandwiches snarking about all this at the time.  Still love Rob.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: March 31, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Steve alford is "scraps". Ksu doesn't settle for "scraps"
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kstatekid801

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 31, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »
Dear Mr. John Currie,

I was genuinely upset when Frank Martin left, as was the rest of the Wildcat nation. We could play the blame game back and forth, but I believe the right decisions were made for compliance and I respect the image this university has put forth in the past month.

I know you also respect this image, evidenced in your move to suspend Jamar Samuels during the most critical part of our season. This speaks volumes of your transparency, and although 90% of Wildcat fans wanted to run you out of town, you stood in the face of pure hatred and waved the "Clean Image" Banner high above our university and beloved athletics.

I'm asking you now, as a student and as a long time Wildcat fan, please consider Doug Gottlieb for the head coaching position here at Kansas State University. I realize the risk - I wouldn't be supporting him if I didn't understand how inexperienced he is. However I think there are many, many things that make Doug Gottlieb the most attractive hire for Kansas State University.

First of all, Doug's image follows our values here at Kansas State University. Doug Gottlieb has one of the best images around the country. All ESPN analysts are respected for their work, and Doug is no exception. But more so, Doug Gottlieb has always been a Wildcat fan. You can see the purple blood coursing through his veins on national television - he loves our university. He would be committed to this program in a way other candidates for the position would not be. Other coaches would likely have to be wooed away from their programs, a decision likely regretted in the future. Doug loves us, and we should love him.

Second of all, Doug is experienced. Yes, he has never had head coaching experience, but in a recent interview with Mercury report Rob Cassidy, Doug laid out a very specific plan for what he would do at Kansas State University. While every head coach has one of these plans, Doug has one of these as an analyst. If I could underline and highlight this, I would. This shows incredible drive and passion for this position - something I think is incredibly showing from an analyst. Taking a "risk" on Doug can be, and is extremely sensible. Fred Hoiberg took 2 years at Iowa State, and finished in the top 5 of the Big 12, and has an incredibly respected squad across the country - all without having any previous head coaching experience. It has been done before (reference NC State coach Mark Gottfried) and it could be extremely beneficial. Doug knows our fanbase, our recruiting base, and has a plan to take Kansas State to new heights. He has undoubtedly watched hours and hours of game film, and I'm sure he would bring the right assistants to implement his plan.

Thirdly, and lastly, Doug would be an excellent recruiter with no restrictions. Nearly every high school senior has watched ESPN and seen and heard Doug. Right off the bat, you get a name with instant recognition (very important in marketing yourself), and someone with ties in the Midwest and West regions. Of course, no blue chip recruits will be tripping over themselves to come to our program, and the Wildcat nation doesn't expect you to hire someone with that kind of recruiting powers. However, instant recognition combined with our facilities is an EXCELLENT combination for a successful program.

I realize your inbox must be full of other emails pushing various names in the coaching world. I also realize you must have a short list and Doug's name is coming out of far left field, but I and the rest of the Wildcat nation would appreciate due diligence in hiring our next coach - please give Doug Gottlieb a call!

My email to Currie... #Gottlieb4KSU

The Mercury reporter was Cole Manbeck.  Rob was probably eating a couple sandwiches snarking about all this at the time.  Still love Rob.

Yeah I realized that... I fixed it when i sent it to schultzy

Offline tonyw17

• Fan
    • View Profile
Its Alford..
« Reply #3047 on: March 31, 2012, 09:24:58 AM »
Does this mean the DG rally is canceled?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Its Alford..
« Reply #3048 on: March 31, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
 :dubious:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Its Alford..
« Reply #3049 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
Does this mean the DG rally is canceled?

Very Steve Alford-y first post.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12