Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 572477 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Can we get Ok_Cat to wish for that rough rider to get prostate cancer or something? I hate everyone in Colorado now.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:28:18 PM by rick daris »
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
OK,

Now that it's all but certain that Frank leaves, let's get this "hot list" of coaches created, so the guys at goPowercat.com will be ready.

We have to think of candidates that have one or more of the following qualities:

1.  Connection to Tennessee.  It shouldn't matter whether a guy was ever at UT, and it likely doesn't.  However, no website coaching "hot list" is complete without this "bunny"

2.  Current assistant coaches.  Have to have at least one of them on there.

3.  Guys who went to KSU (cough, cough, here is where you insert Steve Henson and just rough ridin' get it over with).

4.  Black guy.  You have to go find at least one black guy to put on the list. I don't make these rules, so don't call me the racist.  I just read the rules.

5. Wichita State's coach.  Whatever the year, no matter the situation, you always have to put Wichita State's coach on the list if you are looking for a coach at KSU.

6. Someone wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy out of reach.  Like, it's stupid to even put the dude on the list, but stupid people read the website, so you have to do it.  Rules are rules.

OK, so here's a list.  GPC guys, feel free to just copy and paste!

1.  oscar Pearl

The former head coach of the University of Tennessee.  He was the first coach to lead the Volunteers to a national #1 ranking.  On August 23, 2011, Pearl was given a three-year show-cause penalty for his unethical conduct in lying to the NCAA. This means that the sanctions imposed on Pearl will remain in force if he is hired by an NCAA member school within that period.  John Currie was at the University of Tennessee when they hired Pearl, and is therefore quite comfortable with Pearl's brand of cheating (which is inexplicably more acceptable to Currie than other kinds).  This could be a quick match!

2.   Matt Figger

Since joining Frank Martin's staff five years ago, Figger has played a key role in the development of the K-State program, helping the Wildcats to four consecutive 20-wins season and a quartet of postseason appearances, including NCAA Tournament bids in 2008, 2010 2011, and 2012.  Known as "Six Figga" to the players (a nod to this current role being Figger's first job making over $100K), Matt is a "players coach" who just may be able to keep the momentum going in Manhattan.

3.  Steve Henson

Former KSU basketball legend, and McPherson, KS native, Henson has been an assistant to Lon Kruger (also of KSU fame) for the past 7 years.  Hiring Henson would unify the WIBW 580am listeners, and ensure that valuable connections to largely all-while, rural, western Kansas high schools are re-opened.  It's also important to note that as a player, Henson was famous for saying "thank you" after receiving the ball from referees immediately before he attempted free-throws.  It's exactly this this sort of decorum that many believe John Currie is seeking in his next head men's basketball coach.

4. Colin Powell

In a word, leadership. John Currie loves leadership, always has.  Who better than a former Joint Chiefs Chairman?  Answer: A black one.  Obviously Powell would need to assemble a strong "basketball" staff, but Currie prefers a head coach where Currie gets to pick the staff.  It's win-win.

5. Gregg Marshall

This guy is apparently Wichita State's coach.  Who knew?

6. Pat Summitt

Currently the head coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols basketball team. She is the all-time winningest coach in NCAA basketball history of either a men's or women's team in any division.  In August 2011, Summitt announced that she had been diagnosed three months earlier with early-onset dementia, Alzheimer's type. Despite the diagnosis, she has stated that she plans to coach the 2011-2012 season. In an interview with GoVolsXtra.com, she stated, "There's not going to be any pity party and I'll make sure of that."   This is the "perfect" John Currie candidate; Smart, Accountable, from Tennessee, and utterly incapable of recalling any contract negotiation details or verbal promises.  This is the proverbial "home-run" hir for Currie.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
If we got steve henson we would save money on equipment because his head is an actual regulation NCAA basketball

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You guys think Pearl is really a jew, or just acting like it in that picture?  How do the Vanier's feel about the jews?   :sdeek:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Phil Fulmer - won a Nat'l champ, looking for work
Andy Assaley - great "ties" in the basketball world
Ro Blackmon - a gpc wetdream
Samuel L Jackson - why not?
Gene Marshall - WSU coach
Bob Knight

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
You guys think Pearl is really a jew, or just acting like it in that picture?  How do the Vanier's feel about the jews?   :sdeek:

They won't care a bit after the first time he shows up in the student section without a shirt and his full top half painted purp.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
 :D

Pete's carving out quite the little niche for himself with these Currie-themed threads.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pearl looks surprisingly good without a shirt on.  WILL TAKE.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would like to throw Doc Sadler's hat into the ring

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Any list without Tim Jankovich's name is invalid.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
wow

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LOL,

Steve Henson vomits into a cup, then eats what is in that cup, then poops into the cup, and inside that cup are vomit pieces bigger than Tim Jankovich.  Squawk outed, Brock Landers.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

:dunno:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:dunno:

Git him some head coaching experience before taking over the FB program.  I know, I know, it's a different sport, but I think bringing in some from a different industry will be good for both programs when the time comes (BB now, FB in 3-4 years). 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LOL,

Steve Henson vomits into a cup, then eats what is in that cup, then poops into the cup, and inside that cup are vomit pieces bigger than Tim Jankovich.  Squawk outed, Brock Landers.

But he's one of us!  He even married Jack Hartman's daughter!!    :lol:

Question:  Would what you described be considered 1 Henson 2 Cups since he used the same cup twice or just 1 Henson 1 Cup?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Does Pearl come with boats and girls in bikinis?

Just imagine the parties at Tuttle!

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile

He'd be at Milford's party cove all the time.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

His last name is Pearl.   :thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
There's going to be a lot of bridges burnt and ways lit when Frank leaves town. 

My selection:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Muscle beach you dumb rough rider

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile

that wasn't nice

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's going to be a lot of bridges burnt and ways lit when Frank leaves town. 

My selection:

would take

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

that wasn't nice

I don't want anyone to offend Mr. Pearl.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile

:D
emaw