Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583952 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottleib)
« Reply #2200 on: March 29, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
and the coach of your 23-0 KANSAAS STATE WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLDCATS:

ORLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDO ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGUA!

*cue Big Pun* 

Orlando in a velvet dark dark purple jump suit walks off the bench and waves to the crowd, pointing at the flag in section 17 that is half dominican half puerto rican with "A house UNITED" underneath it.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottleib)
« Reply #2201 on: March 29, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »
I would be fine with Gottlieb as an assistant, but definitely not as head coach. You guys do realize he has absolutely zero coaching experience? Not even as an assistant.

This is why you have assistants.

Dumbass

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 29, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »
I would like all the townie media clowns trying to act all smart and rational about this to line up so I can punch you in the nuts.

Cassidy? Nut punch
Kitchen? Double nut punch
J Brady? Nut Punch
Tyler Dreiling (does he count?) Nut punch
Levi? Nut Punch

I'm sure there are others that can be punched in the nuts later.

Offline kstatekid801

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 29, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
Dear Mr. John Currie,

I was genuinely upset when Frank Martin left, as was the rest of the Wildcat nation. We could play the blame game back and forth, but I believe the right decisions were made for compliance and I respect the image this university has put forth in the past month.

I know you also respect this image, evidenced in your move to suspend Jamar Samuels during the most critical part of our season. This speaks volumes of your transparency, and although 90% of Wildcat fans wanted to run you out of town, you stood in the face of pure hatred and waved the "Clean Image" Banner high above our university and beloved athletics.

I'm asking you now, as a student and as a long time Wildcat fan, please consider Doug Gottlieb for the head coaching position here at Kansas State University. I realize the risk - I wouldn't be supporting him if I didn't understand how inexperienced he is. However I think there are many, many things that make Doug Gottlieb the most attractive hire for Kansas State University.

First of all, Doug's image follows our values here at Kansas State University. Doug Gottlieb has one of the best images around the country. All ESPN analysts are respected for their work, and Doug is no exception. But more so, Doug Gottlieb has always been a Wildcat fan. You can see the purple blood coursing through his veins on national television - he loves our university. He would be committed to this program in a way other candidates for the position would not be. Other coaches would likely have to be wooed away from their programs, a decision likely regretted in the future. Doug loves us, and we should love him.

Second of all, Doug is experienced. Yes, he has never had head coaching experience, but in a recent interview with Mercury report Rob Cassidy, Doug laid out a very specific plan for what he would do at Kansas State University. While every head coach has one of these plans, Doug has one of these as an analyst. If I could underline and highlight this, I would. This shows incredible drive and passion for this position - something I think is incredibly showing from an analyst. Taking a "risk" on Doug can be, and is extremely sensible. Fred Hoiberg took 2 years at Iowa State, and finished in the top 5 of the Big 12, and has an incredibly respected squad across the country - all without having any previous head coaching experience. It has been done before (reference NC State coach Mark Gottfried) and it could be extremely beneficial. Doug knows our fanbase, our recruiting base, and has a plan to take Kansas State to new heights. He has undoubtedly watched hours and hours of game film, and I'm sure he would bring the right assistants to implement his plan.

Thirdly, and lastly, Doug would be an excellent recruiter with no restrictions. Nearly every high school senior has watched ESPN and seen and heard Doug. Right off the bat, you get a name with instant recognition (very important in marketing yourself), and someone with ties in the Midwest and West regions. Of course, no blue chip recruits will be tripping over themselves to come to our program, and the Wildcat nation doesn't expect you to hire someone with that kind of recruiting powers. However, instant recognition combined with our facilities is an EXCELLENT combination for a successful program.

I realize your inbox must be full of other emails pushing various names in the coaching world. I also realize you must have a short list and Doug's name is coming out of far left field, but I and the rest of the Wildcat nation would appreciate due diligence in hiring our next coach - please give Doug Gottlieb a call!

My email to Currie... #Gottlieb4KSU

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 29, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »
Is this Gottlieb thing part of the long con to get Currie fired?  Seems unnecessarily indirect, but what ever.  Not like we got much better to do with our basketball program at this point. 

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #2205 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »
love how jiwe always do this sh*t, then we wake up to reality.....WE ARE KSU...WE DONT GET NICE THINGS!

shut your mouth. we had GRCOAT for chrissakes because we bullied our administration into hiring Huggins. It was probably the best BBs'ing era in BBs'ing history.
so true, but were talking about currie man...I want to believe this could happen, but unfortunately its in the hands of john rough ridin' currie

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 29, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
I would be fine with Gottlieb as an assistant, but definitely not as head coach. You guys do realize he has absolutely zero coaching experience? Not even as an assistant.

If somebody could kindly explain to pcp who this Gottlieb guy is and how he is all emawing up Bristol he will clearly change his mind. tia
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 29, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
eff YOU

QUICK . . . Actually Name a HEAD coach that wants to be at k-state that's worth a crap. . . AND would sell tickets? He's been around the game his whole life.  We'd rather take our chances with Gottlieb than with Boyle, Henson or Underwood. 

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
eff YOU

QUICK . . . Actually Name a HEAD coach that wants to be at k-state that's worth a crap. . . AND would sell tickets? He's been around the game his whole life.  We'd rather take our chances with Gottlieb than with Boyle, Henson or Underwood.
Now that's a powerful statement! I'd give currie's left, right, or both nuts for DG, hell, might even throw in a set of old balls, unfortunately, not sure if currie has any balls...hire DG, prove you got em john...do this, and all is forgiven, at least until you run Snyder off

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 29, 2012, 09:03:09 PM »
Is this Gottlieb thing part of the long con to get Currie fired?  Seems unnecessarily indirect, but what ever.  Not like we got much better to do with our basketball program at this point.

hey. eff you. (i think)

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

shut up dumb dumb.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2211 on: March 29, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »

OH HAI GUYS 
I HAVE SOME LICORICE YOU WANT SOME?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2212 on: March 29, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »
2 things...

1) I heard that a donor's plane was in Raleigh today.  So, yeah.

2) OMG!!!  DOUG!!!    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »
 :excited:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 29, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
2 things...

2) OMG!!!  DOUG!!!    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Was Doug in Raleigh?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 29, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
yeah what does raleigh have to do with anything

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
 :fistpump:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 29, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
and the coach of your 23-0 KANSAAS STATE WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLDCATS:

ORLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDO ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGUA!

*cue Big Pun* 

Orlando in a velvet dark dark purple jump suit walks off the bench and waves to the crowd, pointing at the flag in section 17 that is half dominican half puerto rican with "A house UNITED" underneath it.

CHILLS.

(and maybe a little physical arrousal)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:17:11 PM by wELLsculptedbrows »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2218 on: March 29, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »
2 things...

Was Doug in Raleigh?

I've heard we are actually talking to Wojo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 29, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
Guys, Antigua should be #1. Come on. Doug is #2. Underwood is #3 if he agrees to hire Doug.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:19:41 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: March 29, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
2 things...

Was Doug in Raleigh?

I've heard we are actually talking to Wojo.

:goodbyecruelworld:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2221 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 29, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
BP on Dougie

I would LuV DG as Head Coach!
...he does study the game...knows the conference...Father loves KSU
...big raise...wife is from Okla.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 29, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »
Guys, I am torn here. How do I commit my efforts?

#hurricane4KSU or #gottlieb4KSU

I feel like I need to fully commit to one guy to really make a difference. In my heart I am for Orlando all the way, but my cold calculating brain is in favor of Doug. I will try a bulleted list to try to reduce the Martavious DNR's I get.

Hurricane PP's:
-tall and beautiful
-Cal's second right hand man at Memphis and Kentucky, winning A LOT
-recruits lottery picks
-dominican/puerto rican connection (good for flag efficiency)
-Harlem Globetrotter
-real bowtie wearer!
-SURVIVED A GUN SHOT TO THE HEAD
-looking to be a head coach
-Pitt has a youngish highly successful coach that will have his dream job locked up for a long time.

Hurricane NN's:
-maybe won't come to a place where our AD runs off successful, charismatic, latin coaches.
-maybe won't want to come to a place where his 5star recruits CAN'T BUY rough ridin' GROCERIES

Gottleib PP's:
-FAMOUS! (also beautiful in his own way)
-EMAW! loves kstate! Wants the job!
-Recruiting would be OMG.
-Great college PG
-Rap Feud with Boeheim
-COACHED THE US TEAM AT THE JEWISH OLYMPICS WITH oscar PEARL!
-Gets paid to think and talk basketball all day already.

Gottleib NN's:
-Not Hurricane
-Lost to the Dodge City Legend in the USBL Championship Game
-John Currie is a pussy

Feel free to add your own guys! Gottlieb definitely seems like the more realistic candidate, but Hurricane would be sooooooooo amazing! I know I can't be both.

PS: If currie already gave this job to Tad months ago I will self immolate on the steps of Anderson Hall in final protest.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 29, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »
i'm going to put on my over-analyzing shoes and say that it is a GOOD thing that doug has been silent on twitter since all this stuff started today.

:thumbsup:

fear not, cat fans.