Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583992 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1200 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »
duke ass't takes head coaching job in Big XII....what could possibly go wrong?

if you're referring to quinn snyder, he went to an sec school.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
with HBBIQ.

:flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:
 :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:53 PM »
Wojo
Mojo
:gocho:
Whoa, JO
emaw

Offline thebigcatbowski

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »
Has Dana Altman's name been mentioned?  :dunno:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1204 on: March 28, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »
I'm sold.

appreciate the support. should i call him now and ask?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 28, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »
Cross Buzz off.

--------------------------------------------

March 27, 2012

A growing number of speculative news reports concerning the future of Marquette men's basketball coach Buzz Williams has led to the following statements from Williams and Director of Athletics Larry Williams.

"I want to thank all of our fans, alumni, students and administration who provided incredible support throughout our second consecutive Sweet 16 run," head coach Buzz Williams said. "We are already looking forward to next season with a core group of returning players, while welcoming new recruits into the Marquette family. I am excited to build on our past success and we will continue to work to be the absolute best we can be. The future remains bright for our program, and our institution."

Williams recently completed his fourth season at Marquette and led the program to its second-straight Sweet 16 appearance. The Van Alstyne, Texas, native is 96-45 in four years (46-26 BIG EAST) and MU has advanced to the NCAA Championship in each of those campaigns. The Golden Eagles were 27-8 overall in 2011-12 and 14-4 in the BIG EAST Conference, helping the squad to its best-ever finish since joining the league in 2005-06.

"Coach Williams is a good man, great coach and I look forward to working with him in the coming years" Director of Athletics Larry Williams said. "As we move forward, we want to make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program - among the elite in the nation - by continuing to emphasize our mission of remarkable success on the court and the classroom."

Buzz Williams and Larry Williams will have no further comments relating to this matter.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 28, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
Smart
Bilas
Mack
Buzz
Cronin
Pastner
kruger
---------- cutoff where everyone above this line would laugh in our faces. KState should still contact and throw money at everyone above this line anyway (AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT ALSO IN THE BOTTOM GROUP).

Pearl
Theus
Capel
Unders
Gaudio
--------- cutoff where everyone above would not only take the job but I wouldn't burn this place down. below this line and I burn this site, everyone on it and the OOD to the ground

eustachy
jank
henson
marshall
boyle
fox
sutton
wojo
collins
kruger
altman

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 28, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
Cross Buzz off.

March 27, 2012

A growing number of speculative news reports concerning the future of Marquette men's basketball coach Buzz Williams has led to the following statements from Williams and Director of Athletics Larry Williams.

"I want to thank all of our fans, alumni, students and administration who provided incredible support throughout our second consecutive Sweet 16 run," head coach Buzz Williams said. "We are already looking forward to next season with a core group of returning players, while welcoming new recruits into the Marquette family. I am excited to build on our past success and we will continue to work to be the absolute best we can be. The future remains bright for our program, and our institution."

Williams recently completed his fourth season at Marquette and led the program to its second-straight Sweet 16 appearance. The Van Alstyne, Texas, native is 96-45 in four years (46-26 BIG EAST) and MU has advanced to the NCAA Championship in each of those campaigns. The Golden Eagles were 27-8 overall in 2011-12 and 14-4 in the BIG EAST Conference, helping the squad to its best-ever finish since joining the league in 2005-06.

"Coach Williams is a good man, great coach and I look forward to working with him in the coming years" Director of Athletics Larry Williams said. "As we move forward, we want to make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program - among the elite in the nation - by continuing to emphasize our mission of remarkable success on the court and the classroom."

Buzz Williams and Larry Williams will have no further comments relating to this matter.

he wouldn't have considered us anyway but that piece is meaningless

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »
Just think of all the connects:

Michael Beasley (KSU Legend) besties with Nolan Smith who went where? You guessed it.
Lebron James tweeted during KSU Yankee bowl that we got hosed. Where would Lebron have gone to college? You guessed it.
Coach K (insiders say that he created the name as an homage to his favorite university). Coach K-State, anybody?
Whose the director of the Beach Museum of Art in MHK? You got it, Linda Duke.

Offline beakerh8r

• Fan
  • EMAW 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
If we wanted to have the oldest football-basketball duo in the NCAA, Larry Brown just said he wants to get back in to basketball...

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »
I'm sold.

appreciate the support. should i call him now and ask?

Please!
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 28, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
Cross Buzz off.

March 27, 2012

this says nothing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
If we have to hire undy at least drag it out as long as possible so frank has to hire shaky and art.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 28, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »
Cassidy on 610: JO was transferring if Frank stayed.

Might be LukeToPay, but first time I heard his name mentioned.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »
GPCwallace
Spoke to someone close to New Mexico basketball who says they have not fielded any calls about interest in Steve Alford.

Also, there's been an official athletic department statement released from Marquette saying that Buzz Williams is staying put with the Golden Eagles.

:lol:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »
GPCwallace
Spoke to someone close to New Mexico basketball who says they have not fielded any calls about interest in Steve Alford.

Also, there's been an official athletic department statement released from Marquette saying that Buzz Williams is staying put with the Golden Eagles.

:lol:

not sure where'd we be without squeaks on the prowl.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 28, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
k-state needs a splashy hire. hiring a gritty, happy-to-be-here coach who will have to build his reputation locally and statewide through word of mouth isn't going to cut it. not when your school is located in the most townie town in the country where people think dillon's is a better grocery store alternative to YOUR manhattan hy-vee.

wojo is coach k's favorite player of all time. will coach k still get all the mcdonald's all-americans? yes. but rest assured that wojo will get all his sloppy seconds, sloppy seconds who just so happen to be 4-star guys with HBBIQ.

not to mention, wojo will be able to put together an all-star staff that will include trajon langdon, elton brand, etc.

#openthedoor to #slapthefloor and embrace wojo  :angry:

when did j rake become a top5 poster here?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 28, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »
Wojo wouldn't get Jank's job after our dumbass admin hires his losery ass. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 28, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »

you are going to hear rumors about how everybody even remotely close to frank was going to transfer/leave now that he's gone. that's how this works.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 28, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »

you are going to hear rumors about how everybody even remotely close to frank was going to transfer/leave now that he's gone. that's how this works.

No crap. I love the "player mutiny omg!" line the tucks are running with.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 28, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

gee, rd, thanks.

coming from cassidy is much different than coming from kitchen.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
player mutiny omg!
emaw

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: hireJoshPastner.com
« Reply #1222 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »
I could get on board with this but he's with them through 2017.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 28, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
Do not want tard boyle.  Do not want a ksu revivalist or worjchortlelewski.  Hate our options.  Want the BP thread to live again. :shakesfist:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: hireJoshPastner.com
« Reply #1224 on: March 28, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »
I could get on board with this but he's with them through 2017.

He got a year added to his contract, but his buyout is still only $500K.