Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 581247 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1125 on: March 28, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »
kkietz

Post #677
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: You can take Tad Boyle off the Hot List Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know for a fact this is a smokescreen. I'm surprised to know that Boyle IS interested in KSU job. Forget what he's saying publicly.

jfc, a smokescreen for what?

also, sd post to kk about pearl.

He probably wants to stay at CU for obvious reasons, but not at his current salary.

He's probably looking for more money from CU.

I mean, really, when you're making, what, $700k-ish and someone comes to you with around $2 million per, you have no choice but to listen.  You would be absolutely brain dead not to.

However, if CU can only come up with about $1.2 or $1.3, and we still offer $2ish plus incentives, again, you have to think HARD.

Is Boyle worth $2Mil (or more)?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
Boyle isn't worth $1 million.  Ask yourself what you would pay Underwood and you have your answer to what you should pay Boyle.  He isn't coming to KSU for what he's worth and we sure as hell better not offer him what it would take to get him.  We are both best served to walk away and delete our numbers from each others phones.  unless we are interested in costing CU some money in which case go ahead Currie.  Dance around a bit. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »
she also got ranked ahead of eustachy  :lol:

This was my only take away

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 28, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Boyle isn't worth $1 million.  Ask yourself what you would pay Underwood and you have your answer to what you should pay Boyle.  He isn't coming to KSU for what he's worth and we sure as hell better not offer him what it would take to get him.  We are both best served to walk away and delete our numbers from each others phones. unless we are interested in costing CU some money in which case go ahead Currie.  Dance around a bit.

I could get behind this, but with more than even Boyle.  What if we got a raise for Frank Haith while we're at it?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 28, 2012, 10:48:17 AM »
kkietz

Post #677
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know for a fact this is a smokescreen. I'm surprised to know that Boyle IS interested in KSU job. Forget what he's saying publicly.

Taken off by who?  KSU or Boyle?  If the former, looks like we have our new HC.  If the latter, yay!

Offline beakerh8r

• Fan
  • EMAW 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 28, 2012, 10:49:17 AM »
It amazes me that people are still bring up Pearl, Kruger, and Boyle. None of these are gonna happen.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 28, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
It amazes me that people are still bring up Pearl, Kruger, and Boyle. None of these are gonna happen.

you amaze me

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 28, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »

LOL at the dude who made the website.
Pearl isn't allowed to make contact with recruits until 2014!? 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

who's been saying this for 3 days???   Oh yeah, ME.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »
can someone include me on the premium secret pm ring that has all the inside info? tia
emaw

catzacker

« Reply #1134 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
Boyle isn't worth $1 million.  Ask yourself what you would pay Underwood and you have your answer to what you should pay Boyle.  He isn't coming to KSU for what he's worth and we sure as hell better not offer him what it would take to get him.  We are both best served to walk away and delete our numbers from each others phones.  unless we are interested in costing CU some money in which case go ahead Currie.  Dance around a bit. 

At first, I was like “ok, if it’s Tad, that’s ok.” And now I kinda throw up in my mouth thinking about him on our sideline.  Every time I looked down on the sideline all I’d be able to see is John Currie.  I mean, that’s who John would be hiring, essentially.  Himself. 

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1135 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:29 AM »

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 28, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »
someone 'Chop please

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 28, 2012, 10:59:28 AM »
What amazes me is how most of our fans pick out a safe pick and get comfortable with it.  It's like they don't want to be crushed so they all decide to agree that Jank is the right hire.  WTF?  I don't get this.  I wish I could wipe out the small timey mindset that says the vocal minority(true EMAW'ers who want a kick ass coach) are bad people and just trying to make a fuss.  eff that.  Grow some rough ridin' stones and get in your AD's face about what your expectations are, but before you do that, raise your rough ridin' expectations.  We have had a winner at the helm for 5 yrs.  Settle for nothing less.  Those willing to settle are cowards.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 28, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »
kkietz

Post #677
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

jfc, a smokescreen for what?

also, sd post to kk about pearl.

He probably wants to stay at CU for obvious reasons, but not at his current salary.

He's probably looking for more money from CU.

I mean, really, when you're making, what, $700k-ish and someone comes to you with around $2 million per, you have no choice but to listen.  You would be absolutely brain dead not to.

However, if CU can only come up with about $1.2 or $1.3, and we still offer $2ish plus incentives, again, you have to think HARD.

wut?

i take BITB's post to mean that the smokescreen is coming from kstate. he's saying boyle is interested but kstate just using. did i misinterpret?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 28, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »
wut?

i take BITB's post to mean that the smokescreen is coming from kstate. he's saying boyle is interested but kstate just using. did i misinterpret?

i think you misinterpreted.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08:02 AM »
yeah, everyone in the thread was talking about how Boyle wasn't interested and BITB responded with that.  he's just saying Boyle is lying and actually is interested

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
My question: How do you still go ahead with the website?
20 minutes spent wanting nice things is time well spent.   :comeatme:

No contact with recruits for two years plus baggage = can't hire.

I reject your reality and substitute a more suave, dapper, reality.  :love: :love:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 28, 2012, 11:10:13 AM »
If we hire Jank... I mean.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 28, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
I've got my list.

Mack, Pastner, Cronin

At least try. They may all laugh in our faces, but go at them with a lengthy contract at $2mil+ per.

If all good choices say no, hire Underwood.

And at least give Pearl a call and say "we're very interested, but this is an impossible situation. Maybe in a couple years..." At least let him know he's still wanted even if he's unhirable.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 28, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
Tulsa Golden Hurricane
TopEmailComments

According to this tweet by InsideTulsaSports.com, Illinois State coach Tim Jankovich, Central Oklahoma coach Terry Evans and Kansas assistant Danny Manning all had second interviews with Tulsa on Tuesday.

So what to make of all this? For one, it appears that Tulsa is fairly set on its top three choices. Secondly, it appears that may be the favorite.

Manning has done an excellent job coaching up KU's big men in recent years, but this would be his first head coaching job. We'll keep you posted on this, as it appears the Golden Hurricane could name their next coach very shortl

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1145 on: March 28, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 28, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
what if we hired tadillac on the condition that underhood stays on as lead assistant assistant  :surprised:
emaw

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1147 on: March 28, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22725&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=152860&Q_SEASON=2011

Wojciechowski has also served as a court coach and scout for Mike Krzyzewski, assisting the USA Basketball Senior National Team staff with on-court duties as well as game preparation since 2006, including the program’s gold medal performance at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

The post players under Wojciechowski were a big reason the 2009-10 team was able to win the NCAA National Championship, the ACC Tournament, the ACC Regular Season and NIT Season Tip-Off titles. Defense and rebounding was key for the Blue Devils who had one of the nation’s top defenses, holding opponents to 61.0 points per game, and ranked 14th out of 334 teams in rebounding margin. One of those post players, senior Brian Zoubek, set the school record for offensive rebounds in a single season with 143. The other starter on the inside, senior Lance Thomas, was named to the ACC All-Defensive team by the coaches and the media.

In his first season as a coach, he was instrumental in leading Duke, with seven freshmen on its roster, to a 29-5 record, the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season title (15-1), the 2000 ACC Tournament championship, an NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 appearance and the No. 1 ranking in both major polls following the regular season.

Working primarily with Duke’s inside players, Wojciechowski’s second year was even better as the Blue Devils won the national championship in 2001, while also capturing the ACC regular season and tournament crowns and posting a 35-4 record. His influence was evident throughout the year, from the emergence of Casey Sanders as a bona fide inside presence to Reggie Love’s strong performances in the ACC Tournament to Carlos Boozer’s inspired play at the Final Four after missing six games and playing a limited role in the East Regional semifinal and final. Wojciechowski saw one of his former teammates and pupils, Shane Battier, earn the consensus National Player of the Year award as well as National Defensive Player of the Year for the third consecutive season.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:25:13 AM by Panjandrum »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 28, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »
what if we hired tadillac on the condition that underhood stays on as lead assistant assistant  :surprised:

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 28, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
I've got my list.

Mack, Pastner, Cronin

At least try. They may all laugh in our faces, but go at them with a lengthy contract at $2mil+ per.

If all good choices say no, hire Underwood.

And at least give Pearl a call and say "we're very interested, but this is an impossible situation. Maybe in a couple years..." At least let him know he's still wanted even if he's unhirable.

this is a great plan