Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583702 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #850 on: March 27, 2012, 02:37:18 PM »
Theus would be great.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:04 PM »
SD, can you at least put "generic good looking hotshot recruiting assistant" between the cutoff lines?

if you find a viable candidate the judges will consider him/her

How is Orlando Antigua not viable?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
tuck on bitb talking jank
emaw

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »
Theus would be great.

In all seriousness, a successful Theus hire makes Currie look like a genius and helps his career much more than an Undy or a Jank.  SWING FOR THE FENCES JOHN! 

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »
We have ties to this guy...

Offline EarthBoundMisfit

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: #TeamPastner
« Reply #855 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »
He's too good for us but would take in a rough ridin' heartbeat. I guess he's a little more attainable than the Buzz, Shaka, or Chris Mack names retards have been floating around.

He's only making $1.6, right? I wouldn't put him anywhere near the unattainableness of Buzz/Shaka.

I would. At Memphis he is king. Fed Ex boosters and such wouldn't let him get away easily.
Before you laugh, they had offered Calipari some kind of deal valued at way more than what Kentucky offered him.
It included a cushy Fed Ex VP job when he retired. Estimates of that deal were above $45 million.

Pastner is the anti-Calipari. He always promotes the program and players before himself. He deflects credit for wins to the players and assistants, and accepts full blame for losses.
We at Memphis feel very fortunate to have him, and hope to have him for a long,long time.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:45:57 PM by EarthBoundMisfit »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »
Smart
Bilas
Mack
Buzz
Cronin
Pastner
collins
kruger
---------- cutoff where everyone above this line would laugh in our faces
Pearl
Theus
Capel
Unders
--------- cutoff where everyone above would not only take the job but I wouldn't burn this place down.
eustachy
jank
henson
marshall
boyle
fox
sutton
collins
kruger

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
you guys, the judges have ruled and they have added theus to the coveted middle section! :sandstormstartsplaying:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »
you guys, the judges have ruled and they have added theus to the coveted middle section! :sandstormstartsplaying:

:emawkid:

Offline The_USC_2001

• Rooster Boost'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://palmettostaterivals.com
Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #860 on: March 27, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
 For those throwing oscar Pearls name out there can forget that. He can't coach a NCAA team for two more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 27, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
For those throwing oscar Pearls name out there can forget that. He can't coach a NCAA team for two more years.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »

:lol: please be a sock

*cocksock?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 27, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
He's too good for us but would take in a rough ridin' heartbeat. I guess he's a little more attainable than the Buzz, Shaka, or Chris Mack names retards have been floating around.

He's only making $1.6, right? I wouldn't put him anywhere near the unattainableness of Buzz/Shaka.

I would. At Memphis he is king. Fed Ex boosters and such wouldn't let him get away easily.
Before you laugh, they had offered Calipari some kind of deal valued at way more than what Kentucky offered him.
It included a cushy Fed Ex VP job when he retired. Estimates of that deal were above $45 million.

Pastner is the anti-Calipari. He always promotes the program and players before himself. He deflects credit for wins to the players and assistants, and accepts full blame for losses.
We at Memphis feel very fortunate to have him, and hope to have him for a long,long time.

If you are willing to pay that kind of money, why not find somebody better than Pastner?

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 27, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »

WHAT?!
emaw

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »

:dubious:
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »

GTFOOMF
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 27, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »

I would throw my body out of my high rise office in excitement.  My god would take in a heartbeat.  He goes in SDs top section.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
Jacob Pullen ? @Jpullz0

I'm watching tv and I'm tweeting #atthesamedamtime
emaw

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

I would throw my body out of my high rise office in excitement.  My god would take in a heartbeat.  He goes in SDs top section.

how do we have ties to him? The KC Kings?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:56 PM »

If you are willing to pay that kind of money, why not find somebody better than Pastner?
Pastner is as close to Cal as you can get.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »

how do we have ties to him? The KC Kings?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »

yeah, Jesus Christ, Memphis isn't Indiana.  let's not go overboard here.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 27, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »
SD, where does Gotlieb fall on the list?

Offline EarthBoundMisfit

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 27, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »
Who?
Pastner is doing just fine at Memphis. He is still a young head coach. He is a disciple of Lute Olson, formerly coach at Arizona, and runs Arizona's old 1-4 stack offense.
He's learning on the job as we speak, and he is still putting things together. This season he showed signs of becoming more aggressive, as before he was seen by the media and fans as being 'too-nice'.

Most of us Memphis fans are realistic that the job he has done has been nothing short of incredible.
When Calipari left, he tried his damnedest to burn our program to the ground.
Anyone believing that he went to Kentucky because it was his 'dream job' is a candidate to buy the West Memphis, Arkansas Bridge. He did it to stay ahead of the NCAA.
Cal took almost our entire recruiting class that season with him to Kentucky. Even tried to take a snow-cone machine that had been doated to the program by a booster for the basketball camps.

Josh has been able to recruit at a high level, despite not having the recruiting services of World Wide Wes, Calipari's talent scout.
What we do realize is that no despite the success he has had, Pastner will have to show some improvement.
Now its not just about winning the conference, conference tourney, and making it to the NCAA's anymore.
Now he has to beat a team ranked in the top 25, and he has to win a NCAA tournament game.