Author Topic: Why do K-State fans hate Bob Knight?  (Read 31473 times)

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Re: Why do K-State fans hate Bob Knight?
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »
So you guys pretty much hate Knight because of his comments during the K-State/Texas game?  It's cool to just admit it. 

Dude, we won over the fracking #1 team in the nation in that game. We could give a flying shazbot! about what Bob Knight had to say :cool:....

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 11:41:31 AM »
No real reason to hate Knight, he's a terrible announcer but chances are the big 12 would just get someone equally as shitty if he left. 
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
Bobby was dece in the studio, but he's clearly not fit to put on the headset. Truckloads of unintentional comedy with him and Musberger together tho.

This, and the fact that Knight just doesn't give a sh*t.  It's great television.... certainly more entertaining than Fran Fraschilla and Ron Franklin.   

:dunno:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »
I hate him because he hates Puerto Ricans...

Quote from: Bobby Knight
eff 'em, eff 'em all.… The only thing they know how to do is grow bananas.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
Why can't you shoot hens?   :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 04:02:05 PM »
Why can't you shoot hens?   :dunno:

you can.  wtw doesn't know crap about it.  probably never been west of bonner springs.  the other guy, limestone.  i think he's from boston or the virgin islands.  probably thinks knight is shooting rhode island reds.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fischin

• Fan
  • Dude...eff KU!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 04:17:28 PM »
In Kansas, the daily bag limit for pheasants is four males. You are not supposed to shoot hens.

Offline Fischin

• Fan
  • Dude...eff KU!!
    • View Profile

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »
Why can't you shoot hens?   :dunno:

you can.  wtw doesn't know crap about it.  probably never been west of bonner springs.  the other guy, limestone.  i think he's from boston or the virgin islands.  probably thinks knight is shooting rhode island reds.

I am embarrassed for you sys.  Please turn your Kansas State ID card at the door and hang your head in shame.

What an incredible display of  LPHIQ

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1754638.html

wow, the best in the biz just ass rapes bmw.  ouch.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 06:31:55 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1754638.html

wow, the best in the biz just ass rapes bmw.  ouch.

Whitlock and Keitz are dead on....great read.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »
"the only difference statistically right now is that Oklahoma is 9 of 29 from the field"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
someone needs to tell that senile eff that mid-range jumpers are horrible shots.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:07 PM »
he really is painful. would love to be able to pull up ksufans threads from three months ago where i trashed him and mushbergs and pined for the days of fran.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »
someone needs to tell that senile eff that mid-range jumpers are horrible shots.

except for Duke? are they unusual?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »
he really is painful. would love to be able to pull up ksufans threads from three months ago where i trashed him and mushbergs and pined for the days of fran.

Rick Daris
Scout Team Wildcat

Re: Big Monday
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:43:02 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hate musberger. why do you guys like him? he's horrible. love fran. bad trade for me. also knight. gmafb. other than looking exactly like my dad the guy is a terrible person. also ron franklin is like that cool uncle who drinks scotch on thanksgiving and plays a lot of golf with the guys and stuff. horrible deal really. could care less about the girls or whatever. 

Rick Daris
Scout Team Wildcat

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:33:52 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Paul11 on October 15, 2009, 11:19:36 pm
How do you hate Bobby Knight? The man is an elite coach. Frank Martin has cited him as an influence. He was a broken leg away from being 64-0 in two seasons. The only coach to come close to Wooden's record. Just unbelievable.

was an elite coach. was. i'm supposed to like a guy cause he had some good teams fifty years ago? no thanks. i'll pass. thanks though.

also don't know what him being a good coach 100 years ago has to do w/ him covering games in 2009-2010.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
someone needs to tell that senile shazbot! that mid-range jumpers are horrible shots.

do they shoot lots of mid range jumpers?  Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) apple from tree, if so.

as good as their offense is, they look like they'd be significantly better if they shot more 3s, less 2s.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Duke

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2010, 09:51:24 PM »

Rick Daris
Scout Team Wildcat

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:43:02 pm » Quote 

hate musberger. why do you guys like him? he's horrible. love fran. bad trade for me. also knight. gmafb. other than looking exactly like my dad the guy is a terrible person. also ron franklin is like that cool uncle who drinks scotch on thanksgiving and plays a lot of golf with the guys and stuff. horrible deal really. could care less about the girls or whatever. 

Rick Daris
Scout Team Wildcat

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:33:52 pm » Quote 

Quote from: Paul11 on October 15, 2009, 11:19:36 pm
How do you hate Bobby Knight? The man is an elite coach. Frank Martin has cited him as an influence. He was a broken leg away from being 64-0 in two seasons. The only coach to come close to Wooden's record. Just unbelievable.

was an elite coach. was. i'm supposed to like a guy cause he had some good teams fifty years ago? no thanks. i'll pass. thanks though.

also don't know what him being a good coach 100 years ago has to do w/ him covering games in 2009-2010.

love you vgibson. whoever you are...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »
In Kansas, the daily bag limit for pheasants is four males. You are not supposed to shoot hens.
not sure if a hen is a male or female, or what your argument is here chief.  but let me state the obvious for you- if i have a hen or a rooster flying straight at me, beak ready to pierce my forehead, that bird is going to die and there's not a jury in this state that will convict me.  if you think i'm wrong, or making this up, you are wrong, not me.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
someone needs to tell that senile shazbot! that mid-range jumpers are horrible shots.

do they shoot lots of mid range jumpers?  Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) apple from tree, if so.

as good as their offense is, they look like they'd be significantly better if they shot more 3s, less 2s.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Duke

Hmm....your reply was so elite, it confused me.

Seems like every time i watch them, they are curling off screens and shooting from about the elbow. Thought i randomly heard a talking head explaining that this is the first year in a while Coach K has a group that can consistently hit them. Could be wrong.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »
not sure if a hen is a male or female, or what your argument is here chief.  but let me state the obvious for you- if i have a hen or a rooster flying straight at me, beak ready to pierce my forehead, that bird is going to die and there's not a jury in this state that will convict me.  if you think i'm wrong, or making this up, you are wrong, not me.

he said you aren't supposed to, not that you aren't allowed to.  you can shoot whatever you want, just be prepared to be roasted alive by the liberal media.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
not sure if a hen is a male or female, or what your argument is here chief.  but let me state the obvious for you- if i have a hen or a rooster flying straight at me, beak ready to pierce my forehead, that bird is going to die and there's not a jury in this state that will convict me.  if you think i'm wrong, or making this up, you are wrong, not me.

he said you aren't supposed to, not that you aren't allowed to.  you can shoot whatever you want, just be prepared to be roasted alive by the liberal media.
liberal media in western kansas?  don't be such a dumbass. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »
Seems like every time i watch them, they are curling off screens and shooting from about the elbow. Thought i randomly heard a talking head explaining that this is the first year in a while Coach K has a group that can consistently hit them. Could be wrong.

i'm sure you're right.  their players are good shooters, and mostly have good size, so you'd expect them to be better than average at mid-range js.

re. their offensive stats, they shoot really, really well from 3.  not great from 2.  but they don't take a lot of 3s.  it's logical to assume their offense would be even more efficient if they did more of what they're really good at.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »
liberal media in western kansas?  don't be such a dumbass. 

lmao.  get out of dodge city, rube.  there's more to ks than the west.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »

oh my! this happened to me just last summer. i was sitting out on my lawnchair w/ shorts and flip flops and no shirt and a rough ridin' hen came right at my face. you know what i did? i shot it. shot it dead.