Author Topic: the argument for mike leach right now  (Read 79814 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: the argument for mike leach right now
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
why the eff are we still talking about leach when neuheisel is available?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
why the eff are we still talking about leach when neuheisel is available?

chum makes a good point here

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »

The point is that once you have hired a coach, the administration needs to get behind that coach and give him a shot to either succeed or fail before pulling the trigger and firing him.  Otherwise, why would a top-flight coach even consider coming here knowing that we didn't even give the previous coach a fair chance?  And guess what!  My expectations were nothing but a guess, and not a basis for firing a coach with a winning record.  I knew there was a chance he could actually exceed expectations just like he did in the first go-around.  Do you have any concept of how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) K-State would have looked to the nation if we had actually fired Snyder at the end of last year? 

A top-flight coach doesn't give a crap about the circumstances in which the previous coach was let go.

I don't think that is always the case.  And there wasn't ample evidence to believe LHC Bill Snyder was not a top-flight coach anymore at the end of last year.  I think that any coach we hired in 2008 would have been in rebuilding mode for at least two seasons considering the circumstances with all the jucos from Prince's last class screwing up the scholarship numbers, etc.  And I'm not saying that Snyder is above criticism.  But there was certainly no logical reason to fire him.  Very seldom does a school fire a coach after a winning season, and when they do it is normally a very big school with extremely high expectations because of its proven ability to recruit at a high level.  Nebraska fired Frank Solich in 2003 after going 9-3, but look where that got them.  It turned out to be a huge mistake which cost them years of mediocrity.  I think at a place like K-State loyalty and patience matter, especially after the guy literally saved our school from being kicked out of the Big 8. 

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 29, 2011, 03:40:16 PM »
Frank Solich got fired for being a drunk prick.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »
Just as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as we did when we hired him a second time, most likely.

People may have been a little dubious about his ability to replicate the success of the DOD, but the hire certainly did not look Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  What looked Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) was the whole "It's Patterson!" thing before that.  For the record, I wanted Gary Patterson to be hired as much as anybody because I thought he was the best option at the time, and I still haven't forgiven Fitz for screwing that up.  But once they hired Snyder, I think he has deserved our full support. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2011, 03:46:12 PM »
Just as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as we did when we hired him a second time, most likely.

People may have been a little dubious about his ability to replicate the success of the DOD, but the hire certainly did not look Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  What looked Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) was the whole "It's Patterson!" thing before that.  For the record, I wanted Gary Patterson to be hired as much as anybody because I thought he was the best option at the time, and I still haven't forgiven Fitz for screwing that up.  But once they hired Snyder, I think he has deserved our full support. 

You really didn't have any problems with hiring a 70 year old man to rebuild a football program? No rational thinker would expect him to exceed what Ron Prince accomplished before he retired a second time given the roster he had to work with.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
there are only two coaches i can think of who would transcend Ws and Ls if they coached at kstate:  mack brown and rick neuheisel.  there is no losing with those two.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »
there are only two coaches i can think of who would transcend Ws and Ls if they coached at kstate:  mack brown and rick neuheisel.  there is no losing with those two.

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

At K-State:
 :love: :love: :love:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:04:03 PM by chum1 »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

At K-State:

Neuheisel in a purple sweater vest   :chub:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
So if the Jayhawks snag Mike Leach right out from under us now, do we still want Snyder fired?  Who do we dream about then?   :ohno:

(Some real gems in this thread by rusty and catzacker) 

And where the hell were you, bad person? No one in this thread, (except maybe fatty), thought we would have anything close to the season we had. No one.

You hid when things weren't great, and come out now and act like you were right all along?  Kiss my ass.

I did not expect a 10-win season this year at all.  I figured it would be around year four before we got 8 or more wins.  This year I expected maybe 6 or 7 wins and to finish better than 8th in the conference as we were picked.  Yet even with those expectations, I knew it would be bat-crap crazy to fire the guy as you clowns wanted.  You have to give a coach a chance to either succeed or fail, and after only two years and coming off a 7-win bowl season, that was yet to be determined with Snyder.  But I knew there as a much greater chance he would eventually succeed than fail, especially by year four.  It just so happens we took that huge step forward this year, which is great.  It's just that your dumb ass didn't even want to give him that chance despite his proven record as a winner in the past.

I did not "hide" when things were not great.  I have always supported Snyder, just not in every thread because I have never been a prolific poster.  The number of posts and threads attacking him the past two years have been too numerous for me to sit around wasting my time defending him at every turn, and it is not like your dumb ass would have listened to reason anyway.  I have read many threads the past two years where people have tried that and failed to reason with you regarding Snyder.  It's like you and a few others have (or had) a personal vendetta against him for some reason.

Here's the thing. If Snyder is only winning 7 wins max, or 8 wins after 4 years like you thought he would, THERE IS NO rough ridin' POINT TO HAVING HIM AROUND. Tons of coaches can do that. Snyder's old, and his craptastic staff leaves no shot at continuity when he retires. SO WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?

It isn't personal, it's about what I thought was best for the football program. Idiot.

in the history of the b12, only 6 coaches have won at least 8 games in a season.  ya, sure thing rusty, tons of coaches can do that.  :lol:

give it up, you're full of F.A.I.L. on every level in this thread and don't have a clue about football coaches. 

LHC Bill Snyder, Mark Mangino, Gary Pinkel, Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Art Briles, Mike Gundy, R.C. Slocum, Dennis Franchione, Mack Brown, Dan McCarney, and I easily could have missed one or two more.

man.  you really showed me.  disproved a stat that i made up.  props NK'd.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »

The point is that once you have hired a coach, the administration needs to get behind that coach and give him a shot to either succeed or fail before pulling the trigger and firing him.  Otherwise, why would a top-flight coach even consider coming here knowing that we didn't even give the previous coach a fair chance?  And guess what!  My expectations were nothing but a guess, and not a basis for firing a coach with a winning record.  I knew there was a chance he could actually exceed expectations just like he did in the first go-around.  Do you have any concept of how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) K-State would have looked to the nation if we had actually fired Snyder at the end of last year? 

A top-flight coach doesn't give a crap about the circumstances in which the previous coach was let go.

A top-flight coach doesn't come to ku (or KSU).

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »

Exactly.  Especially if you unjustly fire a former top-flight coach whose name is on the stadium. 

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2011, 06:25:29 PM »
There seems to be a very short list of programs that the fans either do not want leach, or are willing to admit they can't afford/aren't a big enough draw for him.
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »
Leach would have been interested last year. Without a freaking doubt.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »
there are only two coaches i can think of who would transcend Ws and Ls if they coached at kstate:  mack brown and rick neuheisel.  there is no losing with those two.

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

6-6 and..... A conference championship game appearance.  Pretty much Snyder's first year back, but better.  HE WAS 2 YEARS AWAY UCLA!!!

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
there are only two coaches i can think of who would transcend Ws and Ls if they coached at kstate:  mack brown and rick neuheisel.  there is no losing with those two.

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

6-6 and..... A conference championship game appearance.  Pretty much Snyder's first year back, but better.  HE WAS 2 YEARS AWAY UCLA!!!

A back door, blindfolded walk into the conference championship.    :jerk:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2011, 09:29:02 PM »

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

Just IMAGINE if they win. . .

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »

At UCLA:
4-8
7-6
4-8
6-6

Just IMAGINE if they win. . .

Right?!?!?! Hell, for a 6-6 team, they sure have a lot on the line at the end of the season.  Good for them

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
Frank Solich got fired for being a drunk prick.

my goodness have they strayed from that sort of person with callahan and pelini.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »
I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

Okay I guess I will try. How about 1 conf championship and on the verge of another versus none.  Or maybe a handful of divisional titles, number 1 ranking, and legitimate shot to play in the MNC game versus nada.  And last but not least, not being an absolute assclown in interviews and in social settings.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

Okay I guess I will try. How about 1 conf championship and on the verge of another versus none.  Or maybe a handful of divisional titles, number 1 ranking, and legitimate shot to play in the MNC game versus nada.  And last but not least, not being an absolute assclown in interviews and in social settings.

about 11 months late bro.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2011, 11:17:46 PM »

Exactly.  Especially if you unjustly fire a former top-flight coach whose name is on the stadium. 

hey jackass, Snyder said he was coming back to calm the waters. totally logical to assume (based on his word) that he would've stepped down if we could've come to terms with leach. this thread wasn't talking about firing him you rough ridin' idiot. Jesus.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2011, 08:22:44 AM »

hey jackass, Snyder said he was coming back to calm the waters. totally logical to assume (based on his word) that he would've stepped down if we could've come to terms with leach. this thread wasn't talking about firing him you rough ridin' idiot. Jesus.

Nice try, ass clown.  Numerous posts in this thread referred to firing Snyder including this one of yours:

can you do this again but take into account that ksu didn't have to play texas tech in 2010 and get beat by them 50 points like they did in 2008 and 2009. i would say if anything, the above supports the fire the eff out of snyder today and hire mike leach. am i wrong? i'm not very smart at math type stuff and things.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
i'm fully on board #TeamGruden

no one else will do.