Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 171807 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #475 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »
Curtis Kitchen ? @curtiskitchen
@ksu_fan Certainly wouldn't hurt. Responsibilities and style are much closer to Scott's game though.

:gocho:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
my god.

Couldn't resist:

ksu_FAN ? @ksu_FAN
@curtiskitchen Why can't he watch and learn from Denom's or Dixon's game?

:lol:

You're BITB when it comes to attacking media types. At least via conversation. Trim's the best in hand-to-hand attacks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
He is playing more minutes than he has in his life.
He could be sick
He could be mentally fatigued
His fitness level may not be that of his peers
He may be playing hurt

hurt or sick isn't the same thing as tired or playing too many minutes.  i forget if it was going into the season or over the summer, but not terribly long ago martin said that mcgruder and spradling were by far the best conditioned players on the team.

How conditioned they were in even November or December can have no bearing on fatigue levels in February and March.  Also illness or recovery from and minor injuries can have an effect on your fatigue levels.  I don't know where you're going with this.  The chance that his problem is fatigue is slim, I've already said I think his problem is mechanical, but it is just pig headed to summarily dismiss fatigue when we're all just guessing.  Of course its possible that he's tired, like I said he playing much more than he has ever before.

One thing I didn't mention as a possible reason but goes into the illness bullet point is stress.  Again I'm not saying stress is affecting his game of fitness level, but it could.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 29, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »
my god.

Couldn't resist:

ksu_FAN ? @ksu_FAN
@curtiskitchen Why can't he watch and learn from Denom's or Dixon's game?

:lol:

You're BITB when it comes to attacking media types. At least via conversation. Trim's the best in hand-to-hand attacks.

:comeatme:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
The chance that his problem is fatigue is slim, I've already said I think his problem is mechanical, but it is just pig headed to summarily dismiss fatigue when we're all just guessing. 

i'm not summarily dismissing fatigue as a remote possibility.  i'm just lolling @ the idea that playing the white kid 35 a game obviously is going to cause him to play like crap.

especially when he started playing like crap about 12 games into the season.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 29, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
The chance that his problem is fatigue is slim, I've already said I think his problem is mechanical, but it is just pig headed to summarily dismiss fatigue when we're all just guessing. 

i'm not summarily dismissing fatigue as a remote possibility.  i'm just lolling @ the idea that playing the white kid 35 a game obviously is going to cause him to play like crap.

especially when he started playing like crap about 12 games into the season.

12 games in?  about the time we started playing our conference schedule? i.e. teams with a pulse?  HOW WEIRD. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2012, 07:24:04 AM »
Chances a story will come out in the off season about how Will was dealing with some sort of injury?    > 75% imo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
Chances a story will come out in the off season about how Will was dealing with some sort of injury?    > 75% imo.

remember when he left the game at OU  :ohno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2012, 07:29:24 AM »

yeah

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2012, 08:05:37 AM »

criticisms of frank thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »
Two words: Alien Probe
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »

Can some one HBBIQ please explain what Martavious is not doing or is doing that keeps his PT at such low levels vs. a vs. Sprads?  TIA

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »

Can some one HBBIQ please explain what Martavious is not doing or is doing that keeps his PT at such low levels vs. a vs. Sprads?  TIA

Frank just went on record about this while talking to Soren Petro.  He said he wants to have two guards on the floor who are as close to "point guard types" (Frank's words not mine, sys & rusty) and Will has a point guard mentality and Martavious has a scorers mentality.  He used both of their names when discussing this talking point so you dont have to decipher what he meant.

This can be added to complaints about Frank thread.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 05, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »

Frank just went on record about this while talking to Soren Petro.  He said he wants to have two guards on the floor who are as close to "point guard types" (Frank's words not mine, sys & rusty) and Will has a point guard mentality and Martavious has a scorers mentality.  He used both of their names when discussing this talking point so you dont have to decipher what he meant.

I've said that this was my theory. I understand it - I like to have as many guys that can handle the ball as possible on the court. Tay has been really good at offense, though. (NOTE: HIS DEFENSE HAS BEEN GARBAGE)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
Frank has talked about this before, so I'm not surprised. I agree with Frank's assessment that Tay doesn't have a PG mentality, and I'm sure because of that he sees Tay as more of a role player.

I did like that Frank sat Will a good portion of the 1st half too.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »
I did like that Frank sat Will a good portion of the 1st half too.

We actually looked like a dangerous team for awhile too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
I know this is what he likes to do and I'm good with it.  In this specific case my issue is that as I illustrated in a previous thread is that Will doesn't create for anyone, nearly all of his assists are from guard to guard passes in which Rodney, Angel, or Jamar hits a jump shot.  When he had Jake and Denis in this role both players put pressure on the defense to guard the dribble drive and dish, Will doesn't do this.  Even in Frank's sound bite he said Tay is a greater threat to drive.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »
Even in Frank's sound bite he said Tay is a greater threat to drive.

Absolutely he is, he just gets shaky if he dribbles more than twice.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2012, 12:08:24 PM »

I've said that this was my theory. I understand it - I like to have as many guys that can handle the ball as possible on the court. Tay has been really good at offense, though. (NOTE: HIS DEFENSE HAS BEEN GARBAGE)

Early in the season, everyone was saying that Tay was our "best on-ball defender." What has changed? He has certainly knocked down shots when we absolutely had to have a score. Two years ago, I thought that he would be on the court for 30+ minutes a game at this point in his career.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
Early in the season, everyone was saying that Tay was our "best on-ball defender." What has changed? He has certainly knocked down shots when we absolutely had to have a score. Two years ago, I thought that he would be on the court for 30+ minutes a game at this point in his career.

I'm not convinced (and never have been) that Tay is a 30 MPG guy. However, I would like to see more than the 17-18 he played in league games and less for Will than his 31-32 minutes. I'd say 21-22 for Tay and 27-28 for Will would have been a little bit better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 05, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
Nothing's changed, Rusty never ascribed to the line of thinking about Tay being the best defender.  I'm sure people who thought that in November still think it now.  Rusty's characterization of Tay's defense as garbage is hyperbole.  Truth is Tay is a good defender but some overrate his defense prowess because of his athleticism.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 05, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
Actually, I think Tay's defense has gotten worse over the course of this year, and I'm as #teamtay as anyone on this board.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »
Yeah, Tay's defense is really no better (or no worse) than Sprads or Angel at this point. All are solid (not great) on ball defenders and all do what Frank asks them to do most of the time (which lends itself to getting beat some off the dribble). While we were waiting on Angel to come around, Tay did have a couple games where his defense stood out as being pretty good, but I think all three of those guards just sort of evened out as the season went along, with all having some bad moments or games along the way.

The biggest surprise by far with Tay is he was our best 3PT shooter in conference games; his 44.8% just above Rod's 44.6%. Granted on only 29 attempts (Sprads, Rod, Angel, and Jamar all had more). Tay was nearly 15% better in Big 12 games shooting 3s than he was last year.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
steve dave, did you still want Spradler run off the team?  :ohno:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile