Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976937 times)

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2675 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Will could be bumped back to the Energy's role where he should have been anyway.

:drink:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: March 25, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
I would rather have a quality big man than another shooting guard.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: March 25, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
We've apparently offered and made the most recent top 10 list for this kid.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jon-Severe-136572

this guy actually sounds like a great spring recruit.  i'd trade any of our commits for him.

Shooting:Outstanding

:love:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
I would rather have a quality big man than another shooting guard.

Those are in short supply to begin with, they don't really exist in the spring.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: March 25, 2013, 08:39:20 PM »
Rivals evaluation of Severe from the State Tournament:

Jon Severe, 6'2" Senior, SG (Christ the King)-
What Severe was able to do this weekend was nothing short of phenomenal. He broke the "AA" single game and two game scoring record with 40 in one game and a combined 68 in the two en route to leading the Royals to the Federation title. He was aggressive when he needed to be showing that extra burst getting to the rim, but it was his ability to hit shots off the dribble that was most impressive. He scores so fluidly and gets good lift on his shot that his 6'2" size wasn't an issue against bigger defenders. Was a playmaker as well finding the open man off the drive. Clearly was the best player this weekend in Albany and continued to prove why he is being so highly recruited.

pretty much the Anti-Sprads
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2680 on: March 25, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »
Rivals evaluation of Severe from the State Tournament:

Jon Severe, 6'2" Senior, SG (Christ the King)-
What Severe was able to do this weekend was nothing short of phenomenal. He broke the "AA" single game and two game scoring record with 40 in one game and a combined 68 in the two en route to leading the Royals to the Federation title. He was aggressive when he needed to be showing that extra burst getting to the rim, but it was his ability to hit shots off the dribble that was most impressive. He scores so fluidly and gets good lift on his shot that his 6'2" size wasn't an issue against bigger defenders. Was a playmaker as well finding the open man off the drive. Clearly was the best player this weekend in Albany and continued to prove why he is being so highly recruited.

pretty much the Anti-Sprads

Yes, pretty much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: March 25, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
want this kid

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: March 25, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
Would definitely take.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2683 on: March 25, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
Severe was New York state Mr. Basketball in 2013:

ALBANY - It was late in the fourth quarter of Christ the King’s 68-55 win over Bishop Kearney in the Class AA state Federation semifinals at the Times Union Center. The Royals’ star, unsigned senior Jon Severe, had just threw down a slam dunk to hit the 40-point mark to give his team an 18-point lead.

Just a couple of minutes remained in the game, and with the result no longer in doubt, Severe was subbed out of the game. As he walked to the bench, a press release was handed out to media row announcing that Severe had been named Mr. New York Basketball for 2013. Remarkably, with all the talent Christ the King has had over the years, Severe is its first ever boys player to earn the honor, which was first handed out in 1986.

For Severe and his coach, Joe Arbitello, it was mission accomplished in their quest to prove Severe was the top player in the state, just a day after the pair found out that Long Island Lutheran’s Kentan Facey was named Gatorade Player of the Year for New York.

Severe started the game with a strong dunk just seconds after the opening tip, a sign of how motivated Severe was. He scored his team’s first 12 points and ended the first quarter with 21. He finished the game 12-for-18 from the field, including 4-for-7 from beyond the arc. His 40 points were a Class AA Federation record for a single game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/ck-severe-named-ny-state-mr-basketball-article-1.1296913#ixzz2ObnPxxA9

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
Severe was New York state Mr. Basketball in 2013:

ALBANY - It was late in the fourth quarter of Christ the King’s 68-55 win over Bishop Kearney in the Class AA state Federation semifinals at the Times Union Center. The Royals’ star, unsigned senior Jon Severe, had just threw down a slam dunk to hit the 40-point mark to give his team an 18-point lead.

Just a couple of minutes remained in the game, and with the result no longer in doubt, Severe was subbed out of the game. As he walked to the bench, a press release was handed out to media row announcing that Severe had been named Mr. New York Basketball for 2013. Remarkably, with all the talent Christ the King has had over the years, Severe is its first ever boys player to earn the honor, which was first handed out in 1986.

For Severe and his coach, Joe Arbitello, it was mission accomplished in their quest to prove Severe was the top player in the state, just a day after the pair found out that Long Island Lutheran’s Kentan Facey was named Gatorade Player of the Year for New York.

Severe started the game with a strong dunk just seconds after the opening tip, a sign of how motivated Severe was. He scored his team’s first 12 points and ended the first quarter with 21. He finished the game 12-for-18 from the field, including 4-for-7 from beyond the arc. His 40 points were a Class AA Federation record for a single game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/ck-severe-named-ny-state-mr-basketball-article-1.1296913#ixzz2ObnPxxA9

guys, I hope we're not just getting our hopes up... I'd really like Brucey & Co. to land this stud.  :love:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2685 on: March 25, 2013, 10:53:44 PM »
Sounds like a densely Washington character, will take
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:53 PM »
He sounds way out of our league.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: March 26, 2013, 12:07:51 AM »
We're on his list with 9 other schools. Why wouldn't we get our hopes up?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: March 26, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »
Maybe Master Recruiter oscar Weber can bring this home?  Somehow, I doubt it. :dunno:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: March 26, 2013, 12:19:01 AM »
He sounds way out of our league.

Yup.  :cry:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: March 26, 2013, 12:21:30 AM »
We're on his list with 9 other schools. Why wouldn't we get our hopes up?

kstate is the only school that isn't either physically located in the elite east, or in an elite eastern conference.  if he wants to come west, he has no choice but to pick kansas state university.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: March 26, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
Things that the West has that the East doesn't: 

Wheat
Hollywood
Grand Canyon
Silicon Valley
Napa Valley
Joshua Tree
Hawaii
Mormons
Legal Marijuana
Vegas baby

Things that the East has that the West doesn't:

Clam Chowder

Easy decision.

COME HOME JON
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: March 26, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
I would think for the true #BIDer, recruiting has to be the toughest thing. Clearly, oscar needs to recruit well enough that his replacement inherits a decent amount of talent. But on the other hand, if he lands too many good players its likely that will extend his stay.

I suppose the thought that another school would come after oscar could come into play, but I'd say there are 2 likely scenarios for oscar at K-State; get fired from here (after 3-4 more middling years) or retire from here (after 10-15 more good seasons). I don't see oscar leaving K-State if he has success (success = 80% NCAAs, Sweet 16 at least once every 5-6 years).

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: March 26, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
I hope oscar recruits well and succeeds. :dunno:

I also don't see why it's just not believable that oscar would ever take another job.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »
I hope oscar recruits well and succeeds. :dunno:

I also don't see why it's just not believable that oscar would ever take another job.

Mainly his age. He's currently 56; I doubt a Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina is going to come calling for Weber. Another coaching job would likely be a lateral move to a similar sized AQ program and I doubt he'd do that at this point in his career, but I suppose anything is possible.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: March 26, 2013, 11:03:26 AM »
oscar isn't going anywhere.  His salary, our location, and us being a FB school guarantees it.

He is a midwesterny guy making about $2M in a place with no overwhelming mob waiting in the wings with pitchforks(gE aside).

To get more money, he definitely would be going to a place with much higher stress and expectations.

Manhattan is a perfect fit for oscar as long as Currie is throwing money out to show the country that we are quasi serious about BB and as long as FB is doing well.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: March 26, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
Things that the West has that the East doesn't: 

Wheat
Hollywood
Grand Canyon
Silicon Valley
Napa Valley
Joshua Tree
Hawaii
Mormons
Legal Marijuana
Vegas baby

Things that the East has that the West doesn't:

Clam Chowder

Easy decision.

COME HOME JON

You could make a cons list too and include hurricanes.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 26, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »
oscar isn't going anywhere.  His salary, our location, and us being a FB school guarantees it.

He is a midwesterny guy making about $2M in a place with no overwhelming mob waiting in the wings with pitchforks(gE aside).

To get more money, he definitely would be going to a place with much higher stress and expectations.

Manhattan is a perfect fit for oscar as long as Currie is throwing money out to show the country that we are quasi serious about BB and as long as FB is doing well.
Currie leaving is the only way the oscar era doesn't stretch 6 or 7 years minimum. 

As far as the BiD conundrum, I am rooting for team to be great as long as Angel is here with hope that Currie gets an SEC gig as a guy that can fix basketball (lol).

I really doubt oscar can recruit well enough to cover for his behind the times coaching style and bizarre in game decisions to get a contract from the next AD.   I mean, the Big 12 is not going to be this bad forever.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: March 26, 2013, 01:44:08 PM »
Quote from: BRETTGPC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see that several people have inquired about Jon Severe being offered by K-State and whether or not Weber and Co. are still searching for 2013 recruits. I have obtained Severe's number and have been trying to get ahold of him. Hopefully I hear something back soon and I can get an update to you guys. And as you all know, there are no scholarships left to be had in this class and if they are trying to pursue another guy, someone has to go. We all can speculate as to who that would be, but nothing has been mentioned at this point. To my knowledge, this class is done, but I will stay on this and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Also, I have been in contact with the two of the 2013 signees and should have updates with them very soon. I know it's not much, but it's what I currently have right now.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: March 26, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »
Quote from: BRETTGPC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To my knowledge, this class is done,

yeah Brett, thats why we offered another guy.   :flush: