Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 965156 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2700 on: March 26, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
PPL that follow other recruiting sites:  Is it common for other sites to have so little information and just waive it in their customer's faces?  They should sticky a thread titled: "Guys we left messages" rather than whatevs they do now for recruiting threads.

"left him a message and will update you as soon as I get a hold of him(I am never going to get a hold of him)" 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: March 26, 2013, 03:32:36 PM »
Also, the absolute best piece of recruit info they have posted, that I am aware of, was that time last yr where Wally admitted to trying to hound the wrong person that happened to share a first name with a possible KSU recruit. 

:lol:

I mean, no info, but at least entertaining.

Makes me laugh a bunch even a yr later

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:25 PM »
Also, the absolute best piece of recruit info they have posted, that I am aware of, was that time last yr where Wally admitted to trying to hound the wrong person that happened to share a first name with a possible KSU recruit. 

:lol:

I mean, no info, but at least entertaining.

Makes me laugh a bunch even a yr later

The best part about it was that the person who shared the first name was Ertz, who was at the game on an official visit, so Wally thought the other Jesse actually committed and Ertz wasn't even trying to troll Wally or anything. OMG, it was hilarious.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: March 26, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »
Man, these guards. Seems like we are losing every freaking guard on the current roster.

Offline oodfan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: March 26, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »
Rivals evaluation of Severe from the State Tournament:

Jon Severe, 6'2" Senior, SG (Christ the King)-
What Severe was able to do this weekend was nothing short of phenomenal. He broke the "AA" single game and two game scoring record with 40 in one game and a combined 68 in the two en route to leading the Royals to the Federation title. He was aggressive when he needed to be showing that extra burst getting to the rim, but it was his ability to hit shots off the dribble that was most impressive. He scores so fluidly and gets good lift on his shot that his 6'2" size wasn't an issue against bigger defenders. Was a playmaker as well finding the open man off the drive. Clearly was the best player this weekend in Albany and continued to prove why he is being so highly recruited.

pretty much the Anti-Sprads

Will not be announcing until May 22
http://zagsblog.com/articles/severe-pushes-announcement-to-may-22/

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: March 26, 2013, 05:28:33 PM »

What Severe was able to do this weekend was nothing short of phenomenal. He broke the "AA" single game and two game scoring record with 40 in one game and a combined 68 in the two en route to leading the Royals to the Federation title. He was aggressive when he needed to be showing that extra burst getting to the rim, but it was his ability to hit shots off the dribble that was most impressive. He scores so fluidly and gets good lift on his shot that his 6'2" size wasn't an issue against bigger defenders. Was a playmaker as well finding the open man off the drive. Clearly was the best player this weekend in Albany and continued to prove why he is being so highly recruited.

Damn, the early entry deadline is April 28th - starting to smell like a spring blue blood signee  :frown:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: March 26, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »

Damn, the early entry deadline
is April 28th - starting to smell like a spring blue blood signee  :frown:

So like we could actually get this guy? Or are we all just so boned by bad recruiting that we're excited about being in this kid's final 10?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: March 26, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »

Damn, the early entry deadline
is April 28th - starting to smell like a spring blue blood signee  :frown:

So like we could actually get this guy? Or are we all just so boned by bad recruiting that we're excited about being in this kid's final 10?

I think any SG that looks at our depth at that position, and sees the quality of PG we have for the next two years, would have to be crazy not to at least give the Cats a look.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2709 on: March 26, 2013, 07:22:15 PM »
Man, these guards. Seems like we are losing every freaking guard on the current roster.

Yes, there's gonna be some action

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: March 26, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
We were the slowest possession rate in the conference, oscar wants to get up and down. I don't think he liked the type of athletes we have on the team.  Guys like JUSTIN COLEMAN and LOURAWLS NAIRN give you an idea they way oscar wants to build the team.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: March 26, 2013, 08:07:10 PM »
We were the slowest possession rate in the conference, oscar wants to get up and down. I don't think he liked the type of athletes we have on the team.  Guys like JUSTIN COLEMAN and LOURAWLS NAIRN give you an idea they way oscar wants to build the team.

oscar has had really strange fluctuations of pace during his career.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 26, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
Where is the best place to look at this??? Stat sheet is painfully to use when comparing different years.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: March 26, 2013, 08:36:50 PM »
I would think for the true #BIDer, recruiting has to be the toughest thing. Clearly, oscar needs to recruit well enough that his replacement inherits a decent amount of talent. But on the other hand, if he lands too many good players its likely that will extend his stay.

bid as a practical philosophy became untenable a long time ago.  weber will be here for a long time, hopefully he does well.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: March 26, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
Where is the best place to look at this??? Stat sheet is painfully to use when comparing different years.

kenpom

SIU 69.5
ILL 64.7
ILL 65.1
ILL 64.0
ILL 62.8
ILL 62.4
ILL 64.0
ILL 67.8
ILL 66.4
ILL 65.4
KSU 62.5

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: March 26, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »

kenpom

SIU 69.5
ILL 64.7
ILL 65.1
ILL 64.0
ILL 62.8
ILL 62.4
ILL 64.0
ILL 67.8
ILL 66.4
ILL 65.4
KSU 62.5

mother of god

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: March 26, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »

I hope I'll be able to watch #teamangel online next year, playing for whatever Europe team he ends up with. :frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: March 26, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
I hope I'll be able to watch #teamangel online next year, playing for whatever Europe team he ends up with. :frown:

you really think he's going to go, kougs?  seems like something a coach could talk a player out of.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: March 26, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
I would think for the true #BIDer, recruiting has to be the toughest thing. Clearly, oscar needs to recruit well enough that his replacement inherits a decent amount of talent. But on the other hand, if he lands too many good players its likely that will extend his stay.

bid as a practical philosophy became untenable a long time ago.  weber will be here for a long time, hopefully he does well.

I think the best us Weber cynics can hope for at this point is Currie having a short leash if things head south. I personally hope he does well, but I know that he probably won't. Hopefully we make a better hire next time, regardless of Weber's success or lack thereof.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:52 PM »

I think the best us Weber cynics can hope for at this point is Currie having a short leash if things head south. I personally hope he does well, but I know that he probably won't. Hopefully we make a better hire next time, regardless of Weber's success or lack thereof.

I don't think oscar biggest problem will be recruiting. It will be that he isn't a polarizing figure. He not very interesting. He was getting players at the end of his Illinois tour.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »

you really think he's going to go, kougs?  seems like something a coach could talk a player out of.

oscar. Weber.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: March 26, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »

oscar. Weber.
I don't mean to overstep or seem dim witted but is there anything to these rumors of our angel flying away?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: March 26, 2013, 11:37:13 PM »

kenpom

SIU 69.5
ILL 64.7
ILL 65.1
ILL 64.0
ILL 62.8
ILL 62.4
ILL 64.0
ILL 67.8
ILL 66.4
ILL 65.4
KSU 62.5

mother of god

He really didn't like/trust this roster. Also there isn't much fluctuation removing the outliers of the first and last year. I feel like he would be thrilled at 65.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: March 26, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »
mother of god

He really didn't like/trust this roster. Also there isn't much fluctuation removing the outliers of the first and last year. I feel like he would be thrilled at 65.

yeah, i guess without others putting the numbers together (thanks) i would've assumed we were middle of the pack.  even pessimistically didn't guess we'd be such a stark outlier

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2724 on: March 26, 2013, 11:56:53 PM »

kenpom

SIU 69.5
ILL 64.7
ILL 65.1
ILL 64.0
ILL 62.8
ILL 62.4
ILL 64.0
ILL 67.8
ILL 66.4
ILL 65.4
KSU 62.5

mother of god

I like the "trust" comment. I really agree with that sentiment.