Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 977014 times)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1900 on: September 09, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
Better land Foster now, we can land all the feel good stories on the wing we want, but if nobody can score in the  backcourt, it's probably not going to mean a whole lot.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 09, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
Better land Foster now, we can land all the feel good stories on the wing we want, but if nobody can score in the  backcourt, it's probably not going to mean a whole lot.

Didn't you like Foster more?
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 09, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
From Kline, Mathews just committed to Cal. Cal rivals mod/reporter guy was not full of crap.

it's stupid to recruit good student recruits from the east (not including the south) or west coasts.  they aren't coming to kstate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »

Didn't you like Foster more?
I was in high "would take" mode with either but yeah, in my unprofessional opinion, Foster would be my choice.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1904 on: September 09, 2012, 07:26:41 PM »
Semi Ojeleye just informed Scout that he has committed to Duke.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: September 09, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »
Semi Ojeleye just informed Scout that he has committed to Duke.

You heard it on goEMAW first.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 10, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »
Marcus Foster ? @ WatchYaHead12
I will take my talents to Manhattan,ks to play for coach oscar Webber at Kansas st

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 10, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »
 :ksu: :dance:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 10, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »
Good job oscar and staff!

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 10, 2012, 08:54:21 AM »
 :driving:

Way to seal the deal, AB3 and oscar!

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #1910 on: September 10, 2012, 08:57:07 AM »

Foster committed to Kansas State yesterday per Alex Kline

Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
Yep Koppe, the last 5 posts have been devoted to the Foster commit, I can't speak for our staff, but out of the prospects still available to us in this class, Foster was at the top of my big board, really looking forward to watching him get buckets at KSU down the road.

The bottom line is that it's good to get some momentum in hoops recruiting.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1912 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »
Marcus Foster ? @ WatchYaHead12
I will take my talents to Manhattan,ks to play for coach oscar Webber at Kansas st

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #1913 on: September 10, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
Yep Koppe, the last 5 posts have been devoted to the Foster commit, I can't speak for our staff, but out of the prospects still available to us in this class, Foster was at the top of my big board, really looking forward to watching him get buckets at KSU down the road.

Any idea why he's starless? If I missed it sorry.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1914 on: September 10, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »
Give me Westicles/Carroll and Atawe, and I'll be satisfied.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 10, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »

Any idea why he's starless? If I missed it sorry.

Under the radar.

#122 in country from NBE hoops. Offers from Marquette, Cal, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Creighton, and others.

Will take.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 10, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »
WE DID IT GUYS!!!  :dance:

(first time I've used this emoticon. Been saving it for something special)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 10, 2012, 09:33:46 AM »
WE DID IT GUYS!!!  :dance:

(first time I've used this emoticon. Been saving it for something special)

You used it for this and not _33's 4LOW video?!?!?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
After watching the video, I was in too big of shock and awe to show excitement. Landing a recruit is a whole different experience for me. Go cats!

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 10, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
MN(or any other ESPN insiders)? From what I can gather, Rankin and the ESPN crew is fairly high on Foster.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncbrecruitingnational&i=TWT&id=3455&w=1c4n9&wjb

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: September 10, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
MN(or any other ESPN insiders)? From what I can gather, Rankin and the ESPN crew is fairly high on Foster.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncbrecruitingnational&i=TWT&id=3455&w=1c4n9&wjb

Marcus Foster a big get for K-State
September, 10, 2012
Sep 10
3:07
PM ET
By Reggie Rankin | ESPN.com

New Kansas State head coach has landed a shooting guard in Marcus Foster the fits the Wildcat style of play and will have an opportunity to excel right away if he is ready to learn how to attack in Weber's motion offense that he learned at Purdue and took with him to Southern Illinois and now at Kansas State.

Foster will be allowed to explore on the break in order to look for opportunities to finish but the spacing and screening of the motion offense will create this tough bucket getter some advantages to take his defender off the bounce and score in a variety of ways.

I can see Foster now coming off down screens, curls and spacing on the side of dribble penetration ready to attack.

The last time I saw Foster he was scoring quick, fast and in a hurry, I think he is explosive but will need to get into better shape to take his game to the next level. Also at Kansas State oscar Weber will play full court pressure man to man so Foster will be having to give up great effort on the defensive end as well all in which he is very capable.

Overall it is great to land a prospect from the talent rich state of Texas and a player like Foster who has great upside and with hard work will be a marked man on opponents scouting reports right away.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 10, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »

Marcus Foster a big get for K-State
September, 10, 2012
Sep 10
3:07
PM ET
By Reggie Rankin | ESPN.com

New Kansas State head coach has landed a shooting guard in Marcus Foster the fits the Wildcat style of play and will have an opportunity to excel right away if he is ready to learn how to attack in Weber's motion offense that he learned at Purdue and took with him to Southern Illinois and now at Kansas State.

Foster will be allowed to explore on the break in order to look for opportunities to finish but the spacing and screening of the motion offense will create this tough bucket getter some advantages to take his defender off the bounce and score in a variety of ways.

I can see Foster now coming off down screens, curls and spacing on the side of dribble penetration ready to attack.

The last time I saw Foster he was scoring quick, fast and in a hurry, I think he is explosive but will need to get into better shape to take his game to the next level. Also at Kansas State oscar Weber will play full court pressure man to man so Foster will be having to give up great effort on the defensive end as well all in which he is very capable.

Overall it is great to land a prospect from the talent rich state of Texas and a player like Foster who has great upside and with hard work will be a marked man on opponents scouting reports right away.

Thanks MIR  :thumbs:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 10, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »

that's quite a sentence

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 10, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

that's quite a sentence

Ya, I half expected him throw out a Sidewinder Dojo reference at the end.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 10, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »
pretty low basketball recruiting IQ but Foster seems like a great get. the Alex kid from Indiana not so much. With the last 2(?) spots we have left who do we have to land to please #teamburnitdown