Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976991 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1175 on: May 03, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
No, bad for him.  He'll regret it.  Just like Nolan. 

Offline NamebranD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 03, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
Hoosiers related Semi interview from yesterday

oscar needs to make sure that every time Semi is asked "who is really gunning for you", K-State is one of the first names dropped.

Our staff needs to be constantly reaching out to him like Stevie Janowski from Eastbound & Down, only slightly less creepy and slightly more chicken nuggets.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 04, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »
If Semi is stupid enough to choose us over Duke, than Vic got the brains in the fam.

catzacker

« Reply #1178 on: May 04, 2012, 09:15:17 AM »
Mike Kschaaealfdski is lol'ing at sys.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 04, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »
K has been pretty liberal with the offers lately, within the past month there has been 6 reported offers for the Dookies(including Ojeleye). Among those offered are Ish Wainwright and Al Freeman.

I can't pretend to be an expert on Duke recruiting, but right now, it looks like they have 3 schollys to give for '13, they already have a commit from wing Matt Jones. You also have to take into account that they are a major player for 5*'s Jabari Parker and Julius Randle, who they both previously offered.

I really couldn't say how all that directly effects Ojeleye, but the appearance right now is that they have more offers than openings. Kinda tough to say if they're doing the "whoever takes the scolly 1st gets it" thing either. Just more crap to think about.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 04, 2012, 02:24:07 PM »
i'd be shocked if parker doesn't sign with the devilcats

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 04, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »
Mike Kschaaealfdski is lol'ing at sys.

we'll see.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 04, 2012, 05:15:44 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »
From Bossi, Austin Ruder committed to Missouri St. 6'2" SG from Nixa, MO, runs with MOKAN. Previous staff showed some passing interest in him, I had noticed he was shooting the crap out of the ball in a couple of MOKAN's EYBL games this spring. Anyway, he's a Bear now.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Austin-Ruder-114313

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 05, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
From the Scout dudes:

"Another hot name in the Sunshine State is Sam Singer, who is playing with Gold Coast this spring. Singer, a 6-foot-4 guard, currently holds scholarship offers from Boston College, Miami, UCF, USF, Richmond, Northeastern, Davidson, William & Mary, Kansas State and Tulane. It’s still in the beginning stages of Singer’s recruitment and he told Scout.com recently that he’s not rushing the process."

FWIW, Gold Coast is the same AAU club that Diaz played on. Singer visited Indiana last fall, I think their recruitment of him is still in the "interest" stage at this point. Per the update linked below, Pitt has started to show some interest in him also.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1362200

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1185 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »
Davis is apparently playing well at his AAU tournament this weekend...
Eric Bossi ? @ebosshoops

2013 PG Kyle Davis is making a great case for himself. High scoring and fast with the ball. #Spiece

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:48 AM »
New offer, Marcus Foster, 6'2" 185 SG from Wichita Falls, TX

"The recruiting process is starting to heat up for Wichita Falls (Texas) shooting guard Marcus Foster. The 2013 product currently holds offers from Creighton, Kansas State, Oklahoma, California, Lehigh and SMU.

Larry Brown offered Foster during his first recruiting weekend as SMU's head coach.
"I'm really liking SMU, Creighton and Kansas State," said Foster. "Also, Texas is starting to fall in the mix."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Marcus-Foster-114864

The following writeup from Bossi was written last winter, Harris has since switched AAU clubs to Urban DFW, Foster still runs with the Mustangs:

"During the summer, 2013 guards Kendal Harris and Marcus Foster team up for a loaded Dallas Mustangs squad. During the winters, they play at different high schools with Harris at Richardson (Texas) Berkner and Foster at Wichita Falls (Texas) Hirschi. After getting a look at each player over the weekend, it is easy to see why each player's stock is on the rise.

After missing the summer with injury, the 6-foot-4 Harris is making a solid return to the floor. Already a ranked three-star who checks in at No. 123 nationally, Harris is putting himself in position to make a rise up the charts. Not only does he have excellent size and versatility, he's got a level of physicality and athleticism that not many point guards in his class have.

Foster currently sits outside of the 2013 rankings but the 6-foot-2 three-star shooting guard is certainly making a case to be included next time around. He can shoot with deep range, is an intense competitor, has a body that will allow him to compete at the next level and he can create his own offense.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1289832

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1187 on: May 07, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »
UW, what are you hearing on Davis?  I saw some film of him, I like him, and I guess he's been doing really well lately for Mac Irvin.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 07, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
my god, UW is the absolute authority on ksu qhatz hoops recruiting.  :bball:

Offline beefpac

• The Mexecutioner
  • Fan
  • The future is coming!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »
my god, UW is the absolute authority on ksu qhatz hoops recruiting.  :bball:

Agreed!!  UW does work!!!

:thumbsup:
"Ever heard of that one, Stan?"

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 07, 2012, 12:56:56 PM »
UW, what are you hearing on Davis?  I saw some film of him, I like him, and I guess he's been doing really well lately for Mac Irvin.

Yeah, he's been getting some positive reviews for his outstanding play on the circuit this spring. Very athletic left-hander who appears to be developing into a solid PG. He mentioned KSU as a school that was recruiting him hard about 10 days after was Weber hired and then I haven't really seen KSU mentioned in connection with him since then. With the recent offers to Harris, Singer, and Foster(FWIW, they're all bigger than Davis) I really don't know how big of a priority he is right now for KSU, or if he's even a priority at all. No question he's been playing well lately, I'll guess we'll see where he goes from here. FWIW, he must be transferring to Morgan Park HS in Chicago. I know he played at Hyde Park HS and all his profile info reflects that but I've read 2 very recent updates saying he goes to Morgan Park(1 of which is pasted below). Nick Irvin, Mac Irvin's son and a prominent member in that org himself, is the coach at Morgan Park. Kain Harris, 6'3" SG class of '15, goes to school there, has recently mentioned KSU as a school of interest and also runs with the Fire.

"The Mac Irvin are loaded with size and talent including the No.1 player in 2013, Jabari Parker, and the No. 3 player in 2014, Jahlil Okafor. While Okafor and Parker were as expected on Saturday, the guy really making noise is 6-foot-1 point guard Kyle Davis.

One of the most athletic playmakers in the country, the Chicago Morgan Park junior plays with attitude, swagger and never stops attacking. Previously viewed as a bit of an undersized shooting guard, Davis is proving that he's a point guard and with his performances this spring.He's built a pretty strong case to be included the next time the class of 2013 Rivals150 is updated.

He plays like a kid with a point to prove but doesn't worry about how others classify his game because he's confident that he can do a little bit of everything.

"Anybody can classify me as anything," Davis told Rivals.com. "Right now I really don't care I'm just going to play my game regardless. I can shoot, I can dribble, I can get to the hole. I can do everything."

A few weeks ago, Davis took an unofficial visit to Nebraska where former Mac Irvin Fire coach Ron Coleman is an assistant. He classified the visit as a success and was impressed by the facilities.

In addition to Nebraska, Davis mentioned Ohio State and Florida as having shown recent interest to go along with offers from Northwestern, Xavier and Wichita State."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1362710

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 07, 2012, 07:06:45 PM »
Foster

Foster and Harris are ranked 10 and 11 in Texashoops rankings that were updated in 2/12.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2835

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 08, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »
what's this say?...tia

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=1184650&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2%2f1184650.html

1st time I've seen ku being mentioned as a serious contender for Ojeleye. To the best of my knowledge, they are only school on his final list who has not offered.

"List has been cut   

Semi Ojeleye
 By Brian Snow
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted May 8, 2012 

Four-star prospect Semi Ojeleye has trimmed his list of suitors down.

One of the most productive and heavily recruited players in the 2013 class is Ottawa (Kan.) High School native Semi Ojeleye. Running with Mo-Kan Elite on the Nike EYBL Circuit, Ojeleye has drawn praise for his physical and intelligent style of play, now he has decided to narrow down his recruitment.
It wasn’t easy for Ojeleye to cut down his list of suitors, but the academically and athletically motivated prospect was able to at least trim his list of schools down to 11.

“In no order I am still considering Duke, Arizona, Stanford, UCLA, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kansas, Kansas State, Oregon, Illinois, and Missouri,” said Ojeleye.

Some of those schools such as Missouri and Wisconsin have been involved in Ojeleye’s recruitment for a while, others like Duke and Illinois are new to the party. However after talking things over with his family and coaches, Ojeleye just felt those 10 offered him the best opportunity to continue his basketball and academic future.

“I talked about the schools with my coaches and they said these are the ones that would benefit me the most,” said Ojeleye.

For now Ojeleye will continue to do his homework on all the schools on his list, and hopes to continue to make visits to gain as much information as he can about all of his potential suitors.

Currently Ojeleye is ranked as a four-star prospect and the No. 49 player in the nation, but the potential is definitely there for him to rise in the rankings."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 08, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 08, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »

vs.

Not the same person, does rivals have the wrong image?  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »
Weird

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »

vs.

Not the same person, does rivals have the wrong image?  :dunno:

Yeah, that's not the same dude.

Picture linked below from this past season with Westicles at Westfield HS clearly shows the video is the correct ID for him.

I put this 1 on the Texashoops guys, they had Westicles's incorrect profile pic up a couple months back when they updated their rankings. He's #63, I linked it above in the post with Foster's video.

Good catch MN.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/sports/westfield-boys-top-rival-dekaney-to-advance-to-region-ii/article_dfbda6ce-8d4c-5fc2-afe2-29705a8d266a.html?photo=0

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
Well at least he's adorable.  That dude they have the picture of would have been the least adorable Q@ since the neckbrace era.

Offline D-tron

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »
Thank God!!!!!  That dude looks like a black version of the klopecks kid from "The Burbs."