Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976917 times)

catzacker

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #925 on: February 14, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
thanks UW.  that's kinda discouraging though. 

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 14, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »

Well if it makes you feel better, we did already offer and strike out on a couple of highly rated PGs in this class in Geno Thorpe and Kasey Hill. Thorpe is a 3* Rivals Top 150 that we were on pretty early, seemed like we had a good connection between his Dad and Evans, but he went with Penn St, also snubbing Wiscy and Pitt.

Hill really blew up last summer, was ranked as a Top 30 player nationally, was offered by basically everybody, became clear he was super elite, cut KSU from his list, and recently committed to Florida. Just for the heck of it, google some of his mixtapes, he's ridiculous. Might end up being our version of Kyrie Irving in this class, not kidding, but still :blank:

I guess my point is, we've been trying, still got some time for guys to emerge from obscurity on the AAU circuit in the Spring, the sooner we got on a player the better though, obviously.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
asbury tried too  :blank:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #928 on: February 14, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »

Well if it makes you feel better, we did already offer and strike out on a couple of highly rated PGs in this class in Geno Thorpe and Kasey Hill. Thorpe is a 3* Rivals Top 150 that we were on pretty early, seemed like we had a good connection between his Dad and Evans, but he went with Penn St, also snubbing Wiscy and Pitt.

Hill really blew up last summer, was ranked as a Top 30 player nationally, was offered by basically everybody, became clear he was super elite, cut KSU from his list, and recently committed to Florida. Just for the heck of it, google some of his mixtapes, he's ridiculous. Might end up being our version of Kyrie Irving in this class, not kidding, but still :blank:
I guess my point is, we've been trying, still got some time for guys to emerge from obscurity on the AAU circuit in the Spring, the sooner we got on a player the better though, obviously.

Thanks.  actually made me feel worse though.  hopefully someone in this staff can get an offer or want to be a head coach at some small school.  need to see if someone else can do it.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 14, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Alex Kline
Kansas St, RU, Auburn, Pitt, SHU, Miami, Northwestern, Arizona, UVA, Alabama & more seeing 2013 duo Tyler Roberson & Hakim Saintil.

Here's Scout's take on Roberson's play on Sunday, kinda puts a damper on the "he could develop into a wing" talk, but absolutely without question, still would take:

"Tyler Roberson, PF/SF, Roselle Catholic – It has been a rough season for Roberson with injuries and sitting out due to being a transfer, but he is now rounding into form. Roberson had a solid game of inside-outside production. He knocked in a three, scored some off the bounce, and then corralled a few rebounds inside. Not an elite athlete to play the wing, he is probably best at power forward, and will be a matchup problem from that position. "

http://kansasstate.scout.com/2/1158116.html

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: February 14, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »
From Evan Daniels, Memphis has offered Antravious Simmons. Simmons also has offers from KSU, South Florida, Alabama, Murray State and Virginia Commonwealth.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 14, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »
Bo Ryan and someoe from Northwestern are in Ottawa watching semi ojeleye tonight

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 14, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
Not an elite athlete to play the wing, he is probably best at power forward, and will be a matchup problem from that position. "

all players that could possibly play either the 3 or the 4, would be best at the 4.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 14, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »
Not an elite athlete to play the wing, he is probably best at power forward, and will be a matchup problem from that position. "

all players that could possibly play either the 3 or the 4, would be best at the 4.

Pro tip for Snow?  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 14, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »

i just like to say it as often as i can.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 14, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »
Bo Ryan and someoe from Northwestern are in Ottawa watching semi ojeleye tonight
Sorry MN, but no more semi updates. That ship has sailed.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
New name, Jordan Fuchs, 6'6" 220 PF from Christ the King HS(Queens NYC), ran AAU with Gauchos, also a FB recruit, honestly the update gets a little muddled switching between BB and FB interest but I think it's pretty clear that it's KSU Cat hoops that has contacted him:

"Fuchs' work on the basketball court has paid off. According to his father Mike Fuchs, the junior has already picked up offers from "Rutgers, Columbia, Boston U, Manhattan, Providence, Ohio State, West point, Yale, Bard College, University of Texas at Arlington, Rhode Island and Stonybrook."

In addition, Fuchs father says his son has interest from DePaul, K-State, Drexel, USC, Miami, UCLA, Florida State, Xavier, Marquette, West Virginia, Virginia, Penn State, Norhwetern, Iowa State, BYU and Wake Forest."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1331565

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »
Fuchs' game sounds pretty similar to that of Marquise Pryor, a PF prospect from Chicago who we already have reportedly offered:

"Jordan Fuchs (New York Gauchos 2013) – A 6’6” combo-forward from Christ the King, Fuchs outworks his opponents on both ends of the floor. He uses his high-motor to dominate the offensive glass and score while absorbing contact in the paint. Not just a worker, Fuchs also has above-average athleticism which he showcased with a two-handed put back dunk in the first half of a quarterfinal victory over New Heights. He is working on transitioning to the SF position full time at the next level by spending the summer improving his handle and his jump shot. The early stages of this work are showing already as multiple times Fuchs used 2-3 dribbles to get from the 3 point line to the rim and finish."

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0613/rumble-in-the-bronx-report-part-iii/

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
Will he be in the updated top 150 rankings?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 15, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 16, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »
well, well, well. an undersized/dirty work PF who our fans will hate the crap out of.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41:16 PM »
Detrick Mostella is an intriguing player to me. 4* from Alabama, Rivals profile showing we have offered(along with a lot of other schools) but I have seen scant little evidence elsewhere that we're recruiting him. Sounds pretty damn good though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Detrick-Mostella-104700

More proof that we're not seriously in the mix for Mostella right now, sometimes those database lists can be really misleading:

"Pretty much the same schools have been on me(Mostella) lately. It's mainly Georgia, Miami, Alabama, Murray State, and Mercer," Mostella told UGASports in a recent interview. "All of those schools have offered."

FWIW, he goes on to say Georgia is his favorite but probably won't decide until after his SR year.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1332057

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 20, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
Blurb on Simmons from Northstar(free part at least), I know Florida was there to watch him play in what ended up being his team's last game of the season. To best of my knowledge, Florida hasn't offered yet, I think everybody else on his list but Maryland has though.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2012/02/18/antravious-simmons-talks-about-his-season--recruitment.aspx

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 20, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
Rathan-Mayes claiming a KSU offer, along with about every other school in the country, he's probably good enough to warrant that kind of attention though.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0214/xavier-rathan-mayes-scores-buckets-big-time-recruiting-interest/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 22, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
Kansas St assistant Brad Underwood recently saw Olympic (NC) PG/SG Allerik Freeman '13.

bib tweet.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »
Kansas St assistant Brad Underwood recently saw Olympic (NC) PG/SG Allerik Freeman '13.

bib tweet.

I have heard Freeman has family in Kansas, is Underwood some how connected to them? Otherwise why is underwood(local recruiter) the main lead?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:33 PM »
I have heard Freeman has family in Kansas, is Underwood some how connected to them? Otherwise why is underwood (local recruiter) the main lead?

his hs coach is a ks native.  i think freeman does have some family in kansas too, but i don't know/recall the details.  just remember something like he visited them (maybe in wichita?) when he came out to unofficially visit ku, kstate and wsu.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:22 PM »

LeBron? Carmello? Beasley? Marcus Morris? Rudy Gay? don't say ALL when that's entirely false. Instead of making up some theory, apply some logic.

Let's see, "a 6'8" - 6'10 guy should be a power forward, not a wing" no crap...but the good ones are athletic like a 6'4" wide receiver, but happen to be in a 6'8" 250lb body.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
LeBron? Carmello? Beasley? Marcus Morris? Rudy Gay? don't say ALL when that's entirely false. Instead of making up some theory, apply some logic.

Let's see, "a 6'8" - 6'10 guy should be a power forward, not a wing" no crap...but the good ones are athletic like a 6'4" wide receiver, but happen to be in a 6'8" 250lb body.

all of those players except maybe (very maybe) gay were much better 4s than 3s (in the case james, would have been, if he'd played in college).  thanks for proving my point.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »
Based on previous updates, it's not shocking that KSU doesn't really appear to be in the hunt for Price-Martin right now.

http://www.sourcehoops.com/college-coaches-and-summer-travel-for-price-martin/