Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980912 times)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #900 on: February 02, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »
Uggh, I really hope they're not related but ....

10 outmanned frontcourt minutes per game vs having a shot at a consensus top 50 recruit

Pros and cons, pick you poison

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 02, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »

10 outmanned frontcourt minutes per game vs having a shot at a consensus top 50 recruit

Didn't Vic have like 10 boards on Tuesday? I agree that he's overmatched, but I was pleasantly surprised by the rebounding numbers.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »

Didn't Vic have like 10 boards on Tuesday? I agree that he's overmatched, but I was pleasantly surprised by the rebounding numbers.

Vic did well at ISU.  However, that wasn't the first game his PT was up. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 03, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »

from all indications a very slim shot

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
“I just felt that I can get better and I need one more year to improve my strength so I can get to college and dominate,” Henry told InsideTheU.com on Friday night. “And [this way] I can be talking about the League in a year or two.”
 :horrorsurprise:
 :sdeek:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 08, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Fanning, basically every high major recruit has aspirations of making the League and most aren't shy about expressing their belief in themselves that they can make it.

Maybe Henry has the timeline accelerated a little bit, but he's bringing the swag, hopefully he can deliver on that for the KSU Cats.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 08, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
Fanning, basically every high major recruit has aspirations of making the League and most aren't shy about expressing their belief in themselves that they can make it.

Maybe Henry has the timeline accelerated a little bit, but he's bringing the swag, hopefully he can deliver on that for the KSU Cats.

So, is he ours, or is your glass half full?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 08, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »
In no way would I say he's ours now, "hopefully" was probably the most important word in my post.

I know Miami has been going pretty hard after him for a while now, Clemson has a couple of his AAU teammates from Team Breakdown playing/set to play for them, Memphis is the latest to enter the picture and they could be a real threat.

Martin seems to have a pretty good relationship with TB's coach, Kenny Gilliam(we've offered a couple other current prospects - A. Simmons, R. Lee, and I know everybody remembers our run after K. Boynton).

I think we have a good shot, but definitely not done deal. We'll see how it plays out.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

I agree. I like the zeal. I feel like most say they want to get to the league, but aren't that honest on the time frame. Good for him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #910 on: February 08, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
In no way would I say he's ours now, "hopefully" was probably the most important word in my post.

I know Miami has been going pretty hard after him for a while now, Clemson has a couple of his AAU teammates from Team Breakdown playing/set to play for them, Memphis is the latest to enter the picture and they could be a real threat.

Martin seems to have a pretty good relationship with TB's coach, Kenny Gilliam(we've offered a couple other current prospects - A. Simmons, R. Lee, and I know everybody remembers our run after K. Boynton).

I think we have a good shot, but definitely not done deal. We'll see how it plays out.

Is he insurance for Roberson, or can we have both?

spare me the obligatory, "we won't get either" comments
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 08, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
I imagine there's a possibilty we could land both, Roberson is clearly thought to have more wing skills and ability at this time. I think Henry and his camp foresee him developing wing skills down the road but from what I've read, he's got a ways to go to get there.

I do think the odds of us landing Henry are greater than us of landing Roberson, so I think Henry could be viewed as an "insurance policy" in our effort to land an athletic 4 man in this class, but I'm not writing off the possibility of us landing both, however slim it may be.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 08, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »
def. could take both.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »
Birt update from TX hoops, says around 25 schools are recruiting him, specifically mentions Marquette, Baylor, Missouri, Arizona, Texas, and West Virginia. No offers yet.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1329626

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 12, 2012, 04:48:03 PM »
Alex Kline
Kansas St, RU, Auburn, Pitt, SHU, Miami, Northwestern, Arizona, UVA, Alabama & more seeing 2013 duo Tyler Roberson & Hakim Saintil.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
Roberson back on the court
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=1158571&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2%2f1158571.html
summary pls

1st school mentioned  :ksu:

Roberson back on the court   

Tyler Roberson  By Brian Snow
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted Feb 14, 2012 

| More

Tyler Roberson is in his first year at a new school and has battled injuries, but still he has opened eyes with his play.

It has been a tough year for four-star forward Tyler Roberson. Now at Roselle (NJ) Catholic, Roberson had to sit out the first part of the season due to transfer rules, and then also missed some time with an injured hamstring. Now Roberson is back on the floor and getting significant college attention.
Getting back into the swing of things with his teammates hasn’t been easy for Roberson, but he says that he is making strides.

“It’s been a little rough trying to get back in the flow after the injury, but I think we are starting to come together,” said Roberson.

He continued, “I think my game is coming along well and I am getting better every time out. I am feeling good.”

When it comes to recruiting numerous schools have made sure to be involved with Roberson. He listed Kansas State, Alabama, Kansas, Rutgers, and Seton Hall as some of the schools that have made him a top target.

Recently Roberson made a visit to check out Rutgers, and Roberson says the Scarlet Knights will be in the mix for his services.

“They are in New Jersey so it would be nice to stay in state and be close to my family,” said Roberson.

Another team showing him a lot of attention is Kansas. Roberson has been watching the Jayhawks all year and likes what he sees.

“I know they run a good offense that would fit me,” Roberson explained. “I watch them on TV and things so I think it would be a pretty good fit.”

For now the No. 43 player in the nation doesn’t seem to be focused too much on his recruitment. However he does know a few factors that he will be looking for when the time does come to make a decision.

“I am just looking for somewhere that I fit in and that has a good coaching staff,” said Roberson.

Look for Roberson to again run in the summer with the New Jersey Roadrunners.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 14, 2012, 01:54:30 PM »
Roberson also had an update today from the Rivals SMU site, update doesn't really give an in-depth offer list but lists Cincy, Rutgers, Villanova, and SMU as schools that have recently contacted him.

FWIW, SMU has signed Roberson's AAU teammate Class of '12 3* Blaise Mgarborba(sp). They also were the 1st school to offer his HS and AAU teammate Hakim Sainitl. KSU and Cincy has since joined in and offered Saintil along w/Roberson.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1330720

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
I hadn't seen this yet, but FWIW, ESPN has Saintil graded out as a "90"

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/news/_/id/143032/hakim-saintil

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #919 on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:23 PM »
I'm missing something, but are we really in the mix with Roberson?  He had some nice things to say about KU there.

I mean, I'm sure the package deal with Santil would work (and probably wouldn't suck for us), but are we just getting our hopes up here?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 14, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
I do believe we are in the mix, we were 1 of the 1st offer him last summer and he has consistently mentioned us as being in regular contact with him and being a school of interest for him.

Now, are we going to land him? It's going to be tough, really tough. I'm glad we took the initiative and were one of the 1st to offer Saintil, hopefully our staff has good ties with the NJ Roadrunners(their AAU squad) and can hang in there until the end.

catzacker

« Reply #921 on: February 14, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »
i'm entirely too lazy, can someone (I'm pretty much looking at you UW) give me a list (maybe 5 if there is even that many) guards (combo or otherwise) that we are in on as of right now for this class?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 14, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »
There's Saintil, 5'11" PG. ESPN profile linked above, NR right now by Rivals and Scout.

The Big Dog is Allerik Freeman, consensus Top 25 player nationally from Charlotte, NC. He's got offers well into the double digits. He unofficially visited ku and KSU last fall, Steve Blake just happened to be hanging around at that time. :thumbs: UNC hasn't offered yet, but if they do, I'd think that would be tough to overcome.

Really the only other guard I've seen us mentioned in connection with us in this class is 6'1" Rashawn Powell from Orlando. No offer from KSU yet but he's on the radar.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-RaShawn-Powell-128894

Actually, we've already offered a couple guards for '14(Clayton Custer and Richard Lee) and 1 for '15(Kain Harris). Good to see us looking down the road, would great to see at least 1 of them at KSU.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 14, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
I don't know if you'd call Ish Wainwright a "guard" , probably not a primary ballhandler type, but he's a 4* wing prospect originally from KCMO(now going to Montrose Christian in MD) who we've started to show more interest in lately.

Detrick Mostella is an intriguing player to me. 4* from Alabama, Rivals profile showing we have offered(along with a lot of other schools) but I have seen scant little evidence elsewhere that we're recruiting him. Sounds pretty damn good though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Detrick-Mostella-104700

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 14, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »
I just remembered Pat Birt(scroll up to my post from 2/9), 6'5" combo G from Arlington, TX. He actually played AAU w/Mokan a couple years back and visited KSU in the Fall of '10. AAU club is now Texas Pro and latest update didn't specifically mention KSU but did say about 25 schools are actively recruiting him.