Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 977030 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #825 on: January 03, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »
Sounds like we've offered Pryor, and it sounds like he held his own against the more highly touted Okafor, who we've also offered.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Marquis-Pryor-131628

From a college standpoint, 6-foot-7 junior Marquise Pryor is the team's top player.

Pryor showed off a great motor and high-major athleticism in outplaying Young's Jahlil Okafor, a member of USA Basketball's U16 National Team, in the first half Wednesday. That explains the long list of Division I schools recruiting Pryor.

The best part about Pryor could be his attitude. The box score showed just six points against Young, but Pryor understood his impact went far beyond that.

"I just work hard, play my best and do whatever it takes to win," said Pryor, who reports offers from Kansas State, Oakland, Colorado State, Loyola, DePaul and Illinois. "If I have to get 20 rebounds or 30 rebounds and two points, I'll do that if that's what it takes to win."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-12-16/sports/ct-spt-1217-prep-bkb-blog-20111216_1_david-sobolewski-frank-kaminsky-grayslake-central

What is up w/ his offer list?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 03, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
Sounds like we've offered Pryor, and it sounds like he held his own against the more highly touted Okafor, who we've also offered.

From a college standpoint, 6-foot-7 junior Marquise Pryor is the team's top player.

Pryor showed off a great motor and high-major athleticism in outplaying Young's Jahlil Okafor, a member of USA Basketball's U16 National Team, in the first half Wednesday. That explains the long list of Division I schools recruiting Pryor.

The best part about Pryor could be his attitude. The box score showed just six points against Young, but Pryor understood his impact went far beyond that.

"I just work hard, play my best and do whatever it takes to win," said Pryor, who reports offers from Kansas State, Oakland, Colorado State, Loyola, DePaul and Illinois. "If I have to get 20 rebounds or 30 rebounds and two points, I'll do that if that's what it takes to win."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-12-16/sports/ct-spt-1217-prep-bkb-blog-20111216_1_david-sobolewski-frank-kaminsky-grayslake-central

As in, why are there 2 high majors surrounded by a bunch of mids and 1 sorry excuse for a major?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 03, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »

As in, why are there 2 high majors surrounded by a bunch of mids and 1 sorry excuse for a major?

yep

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Our staff is just THAT far ahead of the curve.  :gocho:

OK, enough with the tuck rationalization. While I do think the Class of '11 is a prime example of fantastic scouting from our staff, I think in Pryor's case the early offer(reported at least) is due a lot to him being a player who's willing to do the dirty work, be a role player, and yes, would potentially be a good fit. His AAU team, Mac Irvin Fire, is possibly the premiere grassroots team in the Chicago area and in order to get any limelight playing for them, he probably had to scrap and fight for everything he got. Scouting reports pasted below:

"• Marquise Pryor, Chicago (Orr)
Go get me a rebound, Marquise! And another. Go get me one more. The undersized 4-man is a man on the glass and a backbreaker to opposing teams with his keeping the ball alive and second-chance scoring opportunities. The 6-6 high-energy Pryor is arguably the best rebounder in the junior class and takes pride in it. And he's a better prospect than most people realize and a better player than some of the more ballyhooed names in this class."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2011/07/class_of_2013_providing_the_ju.html

"Marquis Pryor 6'6 Power Forward
He is just a tremendous rebounder that has a great motor. Love how hard he plays and what he gets done. "

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1260365

catzacker

« Reply #829 on: January 03, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »
I won the hustle award for the entire camp at the 1991 Xavier McDaniel basketball camp.  I mean, the entire camp, not just by age.   However, Korleone Young won the mvp of the camp.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »
I won the hustle award for the entire camp at the 1991 Xavier McDaniel basketball camp.  I mean, the entire camp, not just by age.   However, Korleone Young won the mvp of the camp.

you guys ended up having similar basketball careers.  just goes to show that hustle can sometimes get you just as far as talent. 

catzacker

« Reply #831 on: January 03, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »

you guys ended up having similar basketball careers.  just goes to show that hustle can sometimes get you just as far as talent. 

wish Frank was at KSU then.  I would've gotten an offer.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 03, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »

wish Frank was at KSU then.  I would've gotten an offer.

I'm not sure if offering you would have been as ridiculous as offering Juevol, but it might have been close.

catzacker

« Reply #833 on: January 03, 2012, 01:54:31 PM »
I won the hustle award for the entire camp at the 1991 Xavier McDaniel basketball camp.  I mean, the entire camp, not just by age.   However, Korleone Young won the mvp of the camp.

you guys ended up having similar basketball careers.  just goes to show that hustle can sometimes get you just as far as talent.  

wish Frank was at KSU then.  I would've gotten an offer.

I'm not sure if offering you would have been as ridiculous as offering Juevol, but it might have been close.

:thumbsup:

p.s. I think Pryor sounds like a perfect 3 for Frank.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 03, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »
Prime JYC material, no doubt about it.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »
Will he actually be able to play the 3, or continue to be an undersized 4?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 03, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
With all we have heard lately, is the Prior offer the final nail in the Semilore coffin?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
interesting to see all the chicago smoke and fire, 2-3 years since they last appeared to target multiple chicago players.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 03, 2012, 10:04:37 PM »
interesting to see all the chicago smoke and fire, 2-3 years since they last appeared to target multiple chicago players.

MHK -> ORD (direct)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:58 PM »
Will he actually be able to play the 3, or continue to be an undersized 4?

We're probably willing to gamble he might be able develop some wing skills and be capable of playing the 3, but if that doesn't happen, he still appears to fit our style/philosophy well as an undersized 4, and I imagine the hope is he would still be able to produce there due to his athleticism, strength, and motor

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 03, 2012, 10:27:38 PM »
With all we have heard lately, is the Prior offer the final nail in the Semilore coffin?

I don't know if the coffin has been nailed shut yet, but I think the hammer may have arrived on the scene.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:57 PM »

MHK -> ORD (direct)
I think they just added another ORD daily :gocho:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 03, 2012, 11:00:37 PM »

MHK -> ORD (direct)

so, so lazy.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 03, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »

MHK -> ORD (direct)

so, so lazy.

tell me about it.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 11, 2012, 05:51:28 PM »
Semi went for 34, or just more than his average, last night against a previously undefeated Baldwin team. Someone who saw the game told me many were bombs from the outside. Listed as 6-7 now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 11, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
take it to the other teams recruiting thread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 11, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
jk, kinda

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:06 PM »
I might be doing a game of his soon for 810Varsity. I'll let you know if I do. You'll be able to watch it from home and hear me get really excited.  :excited:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 11, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »
I might be doing a game of his soon for 810Varsity. I'll let you know if I do. You'll be able to watch it from home and hear me get really excited.  :excited:

Hear you get excited about Wisconsin's latest victory over us? No thanks.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 11, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »

Hear you get excited about Wisconsin's latest victory over us? No thanks.
So true.  :cry: