Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980996 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »
So our 2013 recruiting looks pretty great?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2011, 01:43:25 AM »
Our recruiting always looks fantastic this far out.  We get tons of great mentions but they seem to gradually fall off as we get closer to signing periods. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 18, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
Kansas State, Seton Hall & Florida all called 2013 NJ Roadrunners standout Tyler Roberson today.

Tyler Roberson (Union, N.J./Union)
2013, SF, 6-7
After the first night, Roberson was a candidate for top player in camp. From a position standpoint he can go either way, he can be a versatile 4-man or potentially transition to small forward. Roberson was one of the camp's most active forwards on the glass, he has all the tricks offensively and boasts long arms. Don't be surprised if he turns in the kind of summer that makes him a priority high-major recruit; all the tools are there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6656188
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
So our 2013 recruiting looks pretty great?
Jeff Capel's 2010 recruiting looked great.  Then all the guys giving OU mentions (Tobias Harris, Harrison Barnes, Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones, Ray McCallum) committed else where.  eff mentions, eff them long and hard. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
Allerik Freeman is another class of 2013 prospect with a great deal of big-time interest and numerous offers. The wing said that UNLV, Xavier, Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina State, Miami, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Georgetown, Oklahoma, and Baylor.
In addition, the Olympic (NC) standout said he has garnered looks from Kansas State, Louisville, West Virginia, Kansas, Texas, Villanova, Syracuse, Memphis, and Oklahoma State. Two others schools are starting to get in the mix as well.
"UNC and Duke, they made contact, but I would say they're recruiting me," Freeman said of the ACC powerhouses.
The Tar Heel State star said that he has no leaders right now and that no school in particular is pursuing him the hardest. With Wednesday as the first day that DI schools could call 2013 recruits, Free said he fielded calls from Memphis, Baylor, North Carolina State, Texas, Kansas, Villanova, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Miami, Louisville, and others.
Freeman, who said he does not know any of the current Villanova Wildcats, but is friends with 2012 pledge Savon Goodman, explained what he is looking for in a college.
"Just a coaching staff I have a good relationship with, a medium to up-tempo style of play . . . and then somewhere I can feel comfortable, home away from home," Freeman said, noting that location will not be a factor for him.

jfc, schwartz, get an editor.  also, boom, kstate survives freeman's first cut.  goodbye low to medium-tempo & uncomfortable schools.

http://villanova.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1232873

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
Syracuse & Villanova are expressing major interest in Allerik Freeman, a 2013 guard out of Team Nike Florida, per a source.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »
 "@ebosshoops: 2013 guard Pat Birt of Texas will visit Baylor & Texas this week."

Birt visited KSU last fall(good job sys) and ran with Mokan Elite last summer. Hadn't really heard anything from him this AAU season, pretty sure he's not with Mokan Elite this time around.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
Hadn't really heard anything from him this AAU season, pretty sure he's not with Mokan Elite this time around.

rivals has him listed as a dallas mustang, but the only thing i've seen had him playing with texas pro this spring.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
Expected to be one of New York City’s top prospects in the Class of 2013, Jermaine Lawrence had a busy first few days following the June 15th date.

“I got calls from Cincinnati, Kansas State, Syracuse, Villanova, Florida, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, and a couple more,” said Lawrence last Friday afternoon.

The 6-foot-8, 190-lb power forward from Benjamin Cardozo High School has loads of potential and will be a player many elite programs track closely in the coming month.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0621/recruiting-notebook-elite-programs-reaching-out-to-2013-prospects/

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 21, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »
6'8", 190lbs?!  Seems like a good fit.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 21, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
Also- curious how much a 6'8" skeleton would weigh.   I'm guessing about 190lbs.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 21, 2011, 11:51:43 PM »
"@ebosshoops: 2013 guard Pat Birt of Texas will visit Baylor & Texas this week."

looks like he'll be playing at arlington grace next year.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
Article linked below doesn't really provide any insight into the recruitment of NJ Roadrunner Roberson, but I thought it was a pretty interesting read about the Roadrunners coach/guru.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/draft-2011/06/21/sandy.pyonin/index.html

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »

looks like he'll be playing at arlington grace next year.

Good thing our starting PG went there! :kstategrad:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »
Article linked below doesn't really provide any insight into the recruitment of NJ Roadrunner Roberson, but I thought it was a pretty interesting read about the Roadrunners coach/guru.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/draft-2011/06/21/sandy.pyonin/index.html

nice find.  i wish cassidy would write a story to answer your njroadrunner connection question.

Good thing our starting PG went there! :kstategrad:

recruiting is about cultivating relationships, rusty.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Kansas State offered 2013 SG Malcolm Hill of Illinois, per his coach.

1st publicized offer in Class of '13  :surprised:, sorta out of the blue from a KSU perspective.

Here's some footage on M. Hill from a game at the Adidas Classic about 1 mo ago.

http://www.umhoops.com/2011/05/16/scouting-video-malcolm-hill-at-adidas-may-classic/

Would LOVE a 6'5" SG that took it to the rim like that. If he consistently plays like that clip, his FTR has to be off the charts.

long ways to go but this one seems to be going in the right direction for the good guys.  visiting this summer with fam, aau coach, and 2014 teammates whom we have interest.  will decide early.  Figs looking more incahoots regarding this one.

nice that he's a consensus top 35 player in 2013 with room to rise (a year young in his class).
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2011, 01:57:18 PM »
visiting this summer with fam, aau coach, and 2014 teammates whom we have interest.

hill, his '14 teammates and his aau coach are visiting every university in the midwest this summer.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2011, 02:08:06 PM »
Quote from: figgs with d-scott like guarantee

His philosophy has always been: Get a prospect to take a visit and let K-State do the rest.

“The hardest thing is getting them on campus,” Figger said. “Once we get them here, we have success.”

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 23, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
hill, his '14 teammates and his aau coach are visiting every university in the midwest this summer.

damnit

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »
visiting this summer with fam, aau coach, and 2014 teammates whom we have interest.

sys with a swift reply to expose my mbb mb posting as fraudulent.  why so mean?  at least steve dave is nice to me. 

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2011, 03:25:22 PM »
sys with a swift reply to expose my mbb mb posting as fraudulent.  why so mean?  at least steve dave is nice to me. 

i'm sorry, manhatter.  i didn't mean it that way.  it is great that he is visiting.  did you notice i didn't say anything dismissive about his family coming?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »
While Missouri continues to pursue Hill, his latest visit also gave Mizzou's staff a chance to recruit Hill's parents.

"We met with the coaches in their offices and they were telling my parents all the stuff they told me on my last visit," Hill said. "My mom was taking notes the whole time they were talking."

Hill says his parents were impressed but his mom did point out one potential downside to Missouri.

"The one bad thing she said is that it's a brand new coach and he hasn't proven himself yet," Hill said. "I want to see how they do this season."

Hill will be back in Columbia in less than a week. He plans to attend Missouri's Elite Camp on Monday.

hill's mother sounds beautiful and smart.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1234304

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2011, 04:52:22 PM »
yeah, I'm liking Hill's whole crew quite a bit

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
While Missouri continues to pursue Hill, his latest visit also gave Mizzou's staff a chance to recruit Hill's parents.

"We met with the coaches in their offices and they were telling my parents all the stuff they told me on my last visit," Hill said. "My mom was taking notes the whole time they were talking."

Hill says his parents were impressed but his mom did point out one potential downside to Missouri.

"The one bad thing she said is that it's a brand new coach and he hasn't proven himself yet," Hill said. "I want to see how they do this season."

Hill will be back in Columbia in less than a week. He plans to attend Missouri's Elite Camp on Monday.

hill's mother sounds beautiful and smart.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1234304

like knockout beautiful.  I'm questioning what they "need to see" out of Haith that couldn't already be seen by his lackluster Miami years.  It is not as if he didn't get a good shot there and he had an average to less than average program.  I'm confused but maybe Hill was just trying to be polite to DeArmond.  Those DeArmond scabs can get pretty intense like a wounded animal when confronted with "bad bad (slap hand)" Mizzou quotes/thoughts, etc.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
this is the guy that picks up litter, right?