Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976914 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2011, 06:32:20 PM »
Kasey Hill spoke to Kansas State

:emawkid:

Will he likely be a top 150 kid when that gets released for the '13 class?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
Kasey Hill spoke to Kansas State

:emawkid:

Will he likely be a top 150 kid when that gets released for the '13 class?

ESPN def. thinks so:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/100776/kasey-hill

He's a Florida Ram.  He's supposed to be playing in Vegas and at the Disney thing in July or August

nice random message board comments about florida aau:
-Kasey Hill plays for Florida Rams.  They will be in Vegas and at Disney in late July.  Florida is like Texas in that there are too many AAU teams and it has diluted and distributed the talent.  Top 4 teams in Florida:  Each 1 Teach 1, Florida Rams, Nike Team Florida, and Florida Elite out of Tampa area.

-I believe Team Breakdown and DH Warriors are better than Nike FL and FL Elite this season, but you are 100% on target about there being far too many travel teams in FL.
But with athletes stretching from Panama City to Key West, and the $$$$$ stretching even longer, what do we do?

can't wait for our first key west recruit  :emawkid:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:54:11 PM by steve dave »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Kansas State offered 2013 SG Malcolm Hill of Illinois, per his coach.

1st publicized offer in Class of '13  :surprised:, sorta out of the blue from a KSU perspective.

Here's some footage on M. Hill from a game at the Adidas Classic about 1 mo ago.

http://www.umhoops.com/2011/05/16/scouting-video-malcolm-hill-at-adidas-may-classic/

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Kansas State offered 2013 SG Malcolm Hill of Illinois, per his coach.

1st publicized offer in Class of '13  :surprised:, sorta out of the blue from a KSU perspective.

Here's some footage on M. Hill from a game at the Adidas Classic about 1 mo ago.

http://www.umhoops.com/2011/05/16/scouting-video-malcolm-hill-at-adidas-may-classic/

Would LOVE a 6'5" SG that took it to the rim like that. If he consistently plays like that clip, his FTR has to be off the charts.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2011, 07:12:56 AM »
Alex Kline, will you marry me?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2011, 07:20:43 AM »
Alex Kline, will you marry me?

Kansas State, Seton Hall & Florida all called 2013 NJ Roadrunners standout Tyler Roberson today.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2011, 07:45:22 AM »
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
Kline is all, "Yeah, I guess every other national hoops recruiting guy is a lazy piece of crap, guess it's up to me!" and then goes down his entire list of coaches and players calling every one of them every day of his life until he's dead and we put his face up on that mountain with the face of dead presidents or whatever. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2011, 08:04:51 AM »
"I made 36 calls between home room and english lit class"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »
"Sorry babe, I'm taking Andre Drummond to prom"

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
The atricle on Klien a few months ago said that he doesn't think he will do the recruiting site any more once he gets to college.  :cry:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
The atricle on Klien a few months ago said that he doesn't think he will do the recruiting site any more once he gets to college.  :cry:

lol at the idea of him going to college instead of just doing this full time starting now.  the fact that he hasn't dropped out of highschool yet even kind of pisses me off.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »
old guys: "he reported a story after I did! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh"

yeah, but he reported about a thousand before you did you lazy slob.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 17, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »

lol at the idea of him going to college instead of just doing this full time starting now.  the fact that he hasn't dropped out of highschool yet even kind of pisses me off.

Said he was possibly interested in coaching and that he may give it up to try to be a team manager or something.

Agreed that it would be pretty silly if he did.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2011, 09:22:40 AM »
he could go premium on his website (don't do it alex), hire a few loser scouts (they work for almost nothing) to evaluate talent so he can have his own star system or whatever, put a forum on his site, and just use his connections to scoop recruiting news.  basically make his own basketball only rivals.com clone and be relatively set financially.  I mean, his list of schools and who they called on the first day of contact?  that is unreal. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2011, 09:54:26 AM »

a couple of the worst were even bitching about his wednesday of dominance.  "so this is what passes for recruiting coverage now, lists of phone calls?  smh."
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »

a couple of the worst were even bitching about his wednesday of dominance.  "so this is what passes for recruiting coverage now, lists of phone calls?  smh."

lol. who are the worst offenders? I want to follow them and mock them hard.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
lol. who are the worst offenders? I want to follow them and mock them hard.

nieves and capers are the meanest, imo.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
nieves

omg he's awful.  had to unfollow.  will now follow again and mock. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
I can't ever tell if Nieves is serious or he's always too vague or something. Capers is a rough ridin' joke.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
I can't ever tell if Nieves is serious or he's always too vague or something. Capers is a rough ridin' joke.

I can't stand people who constantly tweet about some scoop and then just post a link to their website that you either have to be premium on or it requires registration. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »

I can't stand people who constantly tweet about some scoop and then just post a link to their website that you either have to be premium on or it requires registration. 

I'm pretty sure all Nieves does is throw up a link to his site whenever something major happens. He's like a billion times worse than Kline (the king).

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »
That Nieves rough rider is getting ridiculous.  He constantly spams my timeline with the same crap he had just posted a few hours before.   Or just puts some generic crap like C2Crecruiting.net.

Really bro?  You run a recruiting website, no rough ridin' crap?  That might or might not be the reason I followed you in the first place, no need to spam it.  

He seems like a cocky rough rider too, for almost no reason, like because he runs a little recruiting site he has a sense of entitlement or some crap.  It takes a lot of me to unfollow people, especially when they do occasionally provide a relevant piece of info.  

Capers just seems stuck up but isn't as nearly annoying as Nieves, at least on twitter.  

I think the biggest issues those guys have with Kline is that he doesn't go to many tournaments.  Well he's in goddamn high school, so I think that makes it a little harder to travel.  He might not be providing scouting info on kids but when it comes to pure info on a kids recruitments its like rough ridin' walmart.  A one stop spot for any info that you may need.  What he does networking wise as a 16 year old is ridiculous.    

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »
That Nieves rough rider is getting ridiculous.  He constantly spams my timeline with the same crap he had just posted a few hours before.   Or just puts some generic crap like C2Crecruiting.net.

Really bro?  You run a recruiting website, no rough ridin' crap?  That might or might not be the reason I followed you in the first place, no need to spam it.  

He seems like a cocky rough rider too, for almost no reason, like because he runs a little recruiting site he has a sense of entitlement or some crap.  It takes a lot of me to unfollow people, especially when they do occasionally provide a relevant piece of info.  

Capers just seems stuck up but isn't as nearly annoying as Nieves, at least on twitter.  

I think the biggest issues those guys have with Kline is that he doesn't go to many tournaments.  Well he's in goddamn high school, so I think that makes it a little harder to travel.  He might not be providing scouting info on kids but when it comes to pure info on a kids recruitments its like rough ridin' walmart.  A one stop spot for any info that you may need.  What he does networking wise as a 16 year old is ridiculous.    

well put.

capers is much better, because he puts out a lot more info that interests me to go with his attitude.  if kstate recruited the west coast, maybe nieves would be more tolerable.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »

well put.

capers is much better, because he puts out a lot more info that interests me to go with his attitude.  if kstate recruited the west coast, maybe nieves would be more tolerable.

you'd have to go to c2crecruiting.net to find out!