Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3240212 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #6200 on: May 01, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »
Probably time for us to help out and give lil bro all our hand-me-downs since we have all this shiny new stuff now

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: May 01, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »
You knew they were under pressure to copy us immediately with the Vanier announcement but this is a far cry.

KSU announces expansion by a badass video and oh, btw, we will be moved in by this time next year.

Ku says we are totally thinking about it someday (but don't hold us to it, no dinero)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: May 01, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
They dont have enough for petty rec equipment? Sheesh what is all that money (if any) going towards?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: May 01, 2014, 11:02:28 AM »
Being an actual KU football fan has to be gut wrenching.  Time pushes them further away from 2007, while trying to maintain hope for a better tomorrow, despite all facts pointing to more of the same misery.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Luckily for all, this noble, yet tragic plight doesn't have to be endured by very many.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: May 01, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »
Being an actual KU football fan has to be gut wrenching.  Time pushes them further away from 2007, while trying to maintain hope for a better tomorrow, despite all facts pointing to more of the same misery.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Luckily for all, this noble, yet tragic plight doesn't have to be endured by very many.

One day Beems will sit his grand kids upon his knee and young Beems III will look up and say "Grandpa tell me the story about KU football again" and Beems will smile and say "well back when I was a kid, KU won an Orange Bowl and a NCAA Basketball Championship in the same year! KU football was good and it caused all the 'taters to farm hump their little heads off"

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: May 01, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
Is Heaps really leaving? (I asked a question, so it is not a luking)
:impatient:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: May 01, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »
Would it be possible to have just one thread - one f*cking thread - where K-State fans let KU fans discuss our football program amongst ourselves?  Is that so much to ask?  JFC.

:frown:  He's lashing out.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: May 01, 2014, 12:51:25 PM »
It seems obvious now that having a university president that's not a football fan is detrimental to the university's overall monetary well being and morale.  :frown:  #teamAnimal

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »
Would it be possible to have just one thread - one f*cking thread - where K-State fans let KU fans discuss our football program amongst ourselves?  Is that so much to ask?  JFC.

some people get super butthurt over stuff on the internet.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: May 01, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »

KC News reported that he was indeed leaving and that Cozart was starting and that Weiss needs a couple more years.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: May 01, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
Actual KU fan behind me after wishing injury upon some basketball player who is going to Texas.... "Why can't we just drop football and use that money for basketball?"
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: May 01, 2014, 01:02:32 PM »

KC News reported that he was indeed leaving and that Cozart was starting and that Weiss needs a couple more years.
Fake.  He needs more than that.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: May 01, 2014, 01:08:20 PM »

Would it be possible to have just one thread - one f*cking thread - where KU fans let K-State fans discuss how bad their football program is hurting amongst ourselves?  Is that so much to ask?  JFC

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: May 01, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
Just as expected  :cry:

Many T's and P's to lil' bro.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/may/01/ku-has-designs-memorial-stadium-facelift/?sports

Kansas University’s athletic department has hired HNTB, a Kansas City-based architecture firm, to draw up blueprints for Memorial Stadium’s future renovations, but there are no plans to break ground any time soon, according to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger....

First of all, no one uses blueprints anymore, no one in this industry even refers to drawings as blueprints. KU isn't even paying for Rock Chalk Park. It's being handed to them. Sure they'l have to pay for maintenance and upkeep, but Fritzel is practically given it to them. I think KU will pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $39 million over 30 years. Fritzel is essentially leasing the KU portion of the facility to KU Athletics and the Rec center portion to the city of Larryville. Fritzel will make money off of the city and essentially donate Rock Chalk to KU. How are they ever going to pull off an initial Memorial reno phase I cost of $60 million if they can't afford a project like Rock Chalk?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »
Spudhattan is terminal cancer inside beems' melon

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: May 01, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/may/01/ku-has-designs-memorial-stadium-facelift/?sports

Kansas University’s athletic department has hired HNTB, a Kansas City-based architecture firm, to draw up blueprints for Memorial Stadium’s future renovations, but there are no plans to break ground any time soon, according to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger....

First of all, no one uses blueprints anymore, no one in this industry even refers to drawings as blueprints. KU isn't even paying for Rock Chalk Park. It's being handed to them. Sure they'l have to pay for maintenance and upkeep, but Fritzel is practically given it to them. I think KU will pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $39 million over 30 years. Fritzel is essentially leasing the KU portion of the facility to KU Athletics and the Rec center portion to the city of Larryville. Fritzel will make money off of the city and essentially donate Rock Chalk to KU. How are they ever going to pull off an initial Memorial reno phase I cost of $60 million if they can't afford a project like Rock Chalk?
Monopoly money?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: May 01, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

Get to drawing!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: May 01, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »

no one said they couldn't afford RCP.   why shouldn't they take something given to them?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: May 01, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »

no one said they couldn't afford RCP.   why shouldn't they take something given to them?

i really don't care much but one reason not to take it is that their new track facility is now ten miles from campus and surrounded by cookie cutter sprawl houses and a walmart. i mean i'm not saying that they shouldn't have taken it, but that's a pretty solid reason not to in my opion.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: May 01, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »

i really don't care much but one reason not to take it is that their new track facility is now ten miles from campus and surrounded by cookie cutter sprawl houses and a walmart. i mean i'm not saying that they shouldn't have taken it, but that's a pretty solid reason not to in my opion.

there are some farm fields out there and if it is down wind, PEW.  #manurestink

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: May 01, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »
Beems is in all-out denial mode.   :frown:

Random KU Fan:
jester66 wrote: I've lived in Manhattan and Lawrence.  Whenever I hear this juvenile talk; it tells me the poster is ignorant.  Both are great cities/towns. 

Manhattan has more of a college feel year round since students are generally living there.  KU has a lot of students that come in from JOCO. 

Both have some beautiful areas and some not so much.
Surrounding areas.  Overlook south of Lawrence is awesome and Konza is spectacular.

Student/bar scene is very similar.

Beems:
This is some grade-A bullsh!t.  You act like KU is some type of commuter school or something.  Lawrence always had a college feel when I lived there.  Never once did I meet someone who lived in KC while attending school in Lawrence.  Not once.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: May 01, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »
Kommuter
University

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: May 01, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
So insecure.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: May 01, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
Beems is in all-out denial mode.   :frown:

Random KU Fan:
jester66 wrote: I've lived in Manhattan and Lawrence.  Whenever I hear this juvenile talk; it tells me the poster is ignorant.  Both are great cities/towns. 

Manhattan has more of a college feel year round since students are generally living there.  KU has a lot of students that come in from JOCO. 

Both have some beautiful areas and some not so much.
Surrounding areas.  Overlook south of Lawrence is awesome and Konza is spectacular.

Student/bar scene is very similar.

Beems:
This is some grade-A bullsh!t.  You act like KU is some type of commuter school or something.  Lawrence always had a college feel when I lived there.  Never once did I meet someone who lived in KC while attending school in Lawrence.  Not once.

Jester is a K-State fan.  Congrats on reaching 250+ pages, by the way!

:ROFL:

The Big Train

« Reply #6224 on: May 01, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »