Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3297330 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #6225 on: May 01, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
I had some friends that commuted to KU.  friend's older bro played tuba in the marching band.  flunked out and parents made him move home.  Couple other highschool bros went to JCCC - got an apartment together - and then commuted from OP to Lawrence for 3rd and 4th years. 

Pretty common, really. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: May 01, 2014, 02:58:06 PM »
Just as expected  :cry:

Many T's and P's to lil' bro.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/may/01/ku-has-designs-memorial-stadium-facelift/?sports

Kansas University’s athletic department has hired HNTB, a Kansas City-based architecture firm, to draw up blueprints for Memorial Stadium’s future renovations, but there are no plans to break ground any time soon, according to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger....

First of all, no one uses blueprints anymore, no one in this industry even refers to drawings as blueprints. KU isn't even paying for Rock Chalk Park. It's being handed to them. Sure they'l have to pay for maintenance and upkeep, but Fritzel is practically given it to them. I think KU will pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $39 million over 30 years. Fritzel is essentially leasing the KU portion of the facility to KU Athletics and the Rec center portion to the city of Larryville. Fritzel will make money off of the city and essentially donate Rock Chalk to KU. How are they ever going to pull off an initial Memorial reno phase I cost of $60 million if they can't afford a project like Rock Chalk?

no one said they couldn't afford RCP.   why shouldn't they take something given to them?

i really don't care much but one reason not to take it is that their new track facility is now ten miles from campus and surrounded by cookie cutter sprawl houses and a walmart. i mean i'm not saying that they shouldn't have taken it, but that's a pretty solid reason not to in my opion.

6 miles and  why does it matter? are the dumbass relays supposed to be held within 200 feet of the jayhawk bookstore? :lol:

no KJHK reception out there?

how far is timbercreek stables from ksu? go?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: May 01, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »
beems didn't meet a single person from KC, must not have left his room, took classes online?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: May 01, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
beems didn't meet a single person from KC, must not have left his room, took classes online?

That's not even close to what I said.  What I said is that I never met anyone who lived in KC while attending KU.  The truth will set you free.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: May 01, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »
Just as expected  :cry:

Many T's and P's to lil' bro.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/may/01/ku-has-designs-memorial-stadium-facelift/?sports

Kansas University’s athletic department has hired HNTB, a Kansas City-based architecture firm, to draw up blueprints for Memorial Stadium’s future renovations, but there are no plans to break ground any time soon, according to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger....

First of all, no one uses blueprints anymore, no one in this industry even refers to drawings as blueprints. KU isn't even paying for Rock Chalk Park. It's being handed to them. Sure they'l have to pay for maintenance and upkeep, but Fritzel is practically given it to them. I think KU will pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $39 million over 30 years. Fritzel is essentially leasing the KU portion of the facility to KU Athletics and the Rec center portion to the city of Larryville. Fritzel will make money off of the city and essentially donate Rock Chalk to KU. How are they ever going to pull off an initial Memorial reno phase I cost of $60 million if they can't afford a project like Rock Chalk?

no one said they couldn't afford RCP.   why shouldn't they take something given to them?

i really don't care much but one reason not to take it is that their new track facility is now ten miles from campus and surrounded by cookie cutter sprawl houses and a walmart. i mean i'm not saying that they shouldn't have taken it, but that's a pretty solid reason not to in my opion.

6 miles and  why does it matter? are the dumbass relays supposed to be held within 200 feet of the jayhawk bookstore? :lol:

no KJHK reception out there?

how far is timbercreek stables from ksu? go?

'clams making fools look foolish here.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: May 01, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »
Beems I know several folks living in KC commuting to ku currently. Sure its not like 100% of the population, but there is a significant group. If I were you I'd be proud that your school provides education to people in joco.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: May 01, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
nothing going right for ku right now, t's & p's friends to the east.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: May 01, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
nothing going right for ku right now, t's & p's friends to the east.

And if you live in JOCO, t's & p's to your neighbors.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: May 01, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
When you actually think about this, it is pretty crazy.  they have a dire need to do something and they are doing nothing.

Beems, in a place way inside you is there a tiny part of you that hopes that Self leaves for the OKC or LA job and releases the school's AD from his control?

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »

That's not even close to what I said.  What I said is that I never met anyone who lived in KC while attending KU.  The truth will set you free.

So are the people riding the buses making more than 20 round trips between Lawrence and KC each day site seeing the beautiful red roofs of KU?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »
Gray-Little is an evil genius and hates athletics.  Needs to get back to academics and the only way to do that is to kill the competition.  Education vs Athletics.  This might as well be round two of the NCAA's and she is Bernadette.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: May 01, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
Gray-Little is an evil genius and hates athletics.  Needs to get back to academics and the only way to do that is to kill the competition.  Education vs Athletics.  This might as well be round two of the NCAA's and she is Bernadette.

ku is a public school in kansas.  It will never be an academic school

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: May 01, 2014, 04:39:06 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: May 01, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »
 :eek:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: May 01, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
Poor Beems... He's got the sunshine pump turned up to 11 over there and is just getting mushed by 95% of the other posters.

Let's flip it around and say that KU goes 6-6 this year and reaches a bowl game.  Donations start pouring in, recruiting picks up, and renderings are released for a new stadium.  KU removes the track and lowers the field before the '15 season, and builds off of that momentum with another significant upgrade the following summer.  Anything can happen.  I mean none of us expected KU to go 12-1 and win the Orange Bowl in 2007.

I kinda feel sorry for the little feller.  Literally NONE of this will actually happen.

:cry:
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6240 on: May 01, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
Imagine how much momentum KU would have if they won back to back national championships!

:surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: May 01, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »
There will be horrible sight lines if they lower the field.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: May 01, 2014, 06:07:18 PM »
I keep reading about how the KU Ath dept is building this new track complex on the edge of town. Is KU really building it?  My understanding (and I have spent zero time researching it, my knowledge is all hearsay) is that the city is building the complex and then will lease it to KU for a nominal fee for a few decades. Is this accurate?  Did KU fundraise any money for the track complex? Did they issue any debt? Did they spend any money at all to build it?

The reason I ask: that article from KU about "maybe someday" includes mention of clearing the deck and getting all of their significant projects taken care of before focusing on football, and one of their significant projects is the track complex. If KU has zero involvement with raising or spending money to build the thing, how is it a significant project for them?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: May 01, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »
When I was going to KU, I lived in topeka for most of it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: May 01, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »
Poor Beems... He's got the sunshine pump turned up to 11 over there and is just getting mushed by 95% of the other posters.

Let's flip it around and say that KU goes 6-6 this year and reaches a bowl game.  Donations start pouring in, recruiting picks up, and renderings are released for a new stadium.  KU removes the track and lowers the field before the '15 season, and builds off of that momentum with another significant upgrade the following summer.  Anything can happen.  I mean none of us expected KU to go 12-1 and win the Orange Bowl in 2007.

I kinda feel sorry for the little feller.  Literally NONE of this will actually happen.

:cry:

He actually posted that?  :lol:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: May 01, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »
someone photoshop BGL into the emperor's cloak.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: May 01, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »
with DArth Zengher

The Big Train

« Reply #6247 on: May 01, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »

It's definitely a commuter school, have you driven on K-10, it's got much more traffic than I-70 between KC and Lawrence. Much easier for the joco students to take that then drive all the way up north to catch I-70.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: May 01, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »
Seems like a weird thing to start raging about  :dunno:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: May 01, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »

It's definitely a commuter school, have you driven on K-10, it's got much more traffic than I-70 between KC and Lawrence. Much easier for the joco students to take that then drive all the way up north to catch I-70.

Yes, I also lived in kc and worked in Lawrence, k10 needs to go to 6 lanes for all the commuters
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite