Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3297792 times)

Spaces and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #6175 on: April 29, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »
They are so mumped.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
Those of you launching personal, mean-spirited attacks towards OregonSmock will be sorry.  As the prophecy of recent past foretells, there will come a day when KU fball waxes and KSU fball wanes, and when that day comes, OregonSmock will become Chive Bundy, Tuber King, Chancellor 'Tater Hater, and he's going to mashed 'tater all of you in your stupid 'tater faces.  Ooooooh, it will be a sight to behold. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:43:42 PM by Spracne »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6177 on: April 29, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
That's enough of that Spracles
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: April 29, 2014, 10:55:27 PM »
Those of you launching personal, mean-spirited attacks towards OregonSmock will be sorry.  As the prophecy of recent past foretells, there will come a day when KU fball waxes and KSU fball wanes, and when that day comes, OregonSmock will become Chive Bundy, Tuber King, Chancellor 'Tater Hater, and he's going to mashed 'tater all of you in your stupid 'tater faces.  Ooooooh, it will be a sight to behold.
I'm OK w/ beems. More worried about psychos like Dr. J and newly founded MSC.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »

Already happened in '07 / '08, a real tear.  Lack of mercy here reflects the same lack of mercy back then.  Know your history before predicting it.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6180 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »

Can't we both just be really good at both major sports? Hard for coasters to call Kansas a flyover state when we are SO GOOD AT EVERTHING. TSC bro. 4 #LIFE

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: April 30, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »

Can't we both just be really good at both major sports? Hard for coasters to call Kansas a flyover state when we are SO GOOD AT EVERTHING. TSC bro. 4 #LIFE

#WeAllFromKonza

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: April 30, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
Hey Spracs, Is that you who's been interacting w/ me on the phog? :peek:

Offline Cannoncat

• Fan
  • What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: April 30, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »

:frown:
"Round house kick to the butt hole!"-Kstate vs Aggie 53-50, 2011.

"Charlie Weis is the same mistake he ever was"-Gregg Doyel CBS

"Good people deserve good things."-Fatty4ksu

"The heart break kid!"-Winters

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: April 30, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »

:frown:

I teared up a little. . .if they actually aired this in Lawrence I could see immediate positive returns.

Online O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: April 30, 2014, 12:09:04 PM »
There will be a day when we have to retitle the thread KU Football is Getting Better, hard to fathom i know

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: April 30, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
There will be a day when we have to retitle the thread KU Football is Getting Better, hard to fathom i know

Not hard to fathom when you consider they'll reach rock bottom soon. . .then nothing to do but improve!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: May 01, 2014, 08:35:21 AM »
Just as expected  :cry:

Many T's and P's to lil' bro.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/may/01/ku-has-designs-memorial-stadium-facelift/?sports

Kansas University’s athletic department has hired HNTB, a Kansas City-based architecture firm, to draw up blueprints for Memorial Stadium’s future renovations, but there are no plans to break ground any time soon, according to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger....
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: May 01, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
Gridiron Club Coming 2025!

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: May 01, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »

Only if they give Weis more time.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/may/01/ku-has-designs-memorial-stadium-facelift/?sports

Kansas University’s athletic department has hired HNTB, a Kansas City-based architecture firm, to draw up blueprints for Memorial Stadium’s future renovations, but there are no plans to break ground any time soon, according to KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger....
I'm pulling for them to lower the field and expand stadium seating capacity.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: May 01, 2014, 08:48:37 AM »
Having your AD validate that nothing will be done anytime soon must be heart wrenching.  Those who were holding on to hope that there would be announcements after basketball season are now left with emptiness and no signs of a light at the end of the tunnel.  Is KU the only team who hasn't completed some type of stadium renovation in the past 5+ years? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: May 01, 2014, 08:56:04 AM »
Is Heaps really leaving? (I asked a question, so it is not a luking)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: May 01, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »

I thought this was a done deal?  They are just now hiring a second rate arch firm to draw up proposed plans?  Beems is going to have 5 kids before they move one shovel of dirt.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: May 01, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »
man, that article was painful to read.  so many gems tho.

“We will have the designs in place so that when we have momentum and the deck is cleared, we’ll be ready to go.”  “We’re deeply embroiled in several significant projects at this time and we’re trying to clear the deck all of these very important projects so we can turn all focus and energy toward Memorial Stadium.”

In other words, we suck at football and, until we're good, nobody will give us any money.  Plus, we don't have any money because we're building some dorms and a museum for basketball that cost about 30mil.  But, trust me, when we're done spending money on basketball, we promise to turn ALL of our attention to removing the track. 

“The key is to bring the stands in and make it more intimate,” Zenger said. “Engineers are telling us we can lower the field. We don’t know if we would or how much.”

wait.  so are they removing the track or not?

Once the first phase is past — again, at least a couple of years from now — the subsequent steps would address things like adding club-level seating to the east and west sides of the stadium and giving both the bowl and the south end zone a facelift.

:facepalm:

I honestly feel bad for them.  Can you imagine where we'll be with our facilities in 5 years - when they're finally ready to consider maybe removing their track?? 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: May 01, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »
Having your AD validate that nothing will be done anytime soon must be heart wrenching.  Those who were holding on to hope that there would be announcements after basketball season are now left with emptiness and no signs of a light at the end of the tunnel.  Is KU the only team who hasn't completed some type of stadium renovation in the past 5+ years?
Yeah, it has to sting. A person could get by on the excitement of facility upgrades alone even if your team is the worst BCS program in the country. A person could get by if your team was good without any facility upgrades. But to have neither?  :frown:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: May 01, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »
Now do the thing where you guys post KU fan responses here.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: May 01, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »

@Trogdor_gE

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: May 01, 2014, 09:55:40 AM »
don't pay close attention ITT, is this luked?

http://salinapost.com/2014/05/01/lawrence-seeks-donations-for-recreation-equipment/

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Lawrence officials are spending more than $22 million for the new Rock Chalk Park Sports complex in northwest Lawrence while also seeking donations at recreation centers in other parts of town to help maintain current equipment.

Tim Laurent, Lawrence recreation operations manager, says donation boxes at recreation centers aren’t a sign the city is struggling to fund the maintenance of existing facilities and equipment now that money is being devoted to Rock Chalk Park. He says residents who take Parks and Recreation classes pay a fee, while people who use the fitness rooms aren’t required to pay fees.

But Lawrence resident Anne Schulman told The Lawrence Journal-World that the donation boxes are “a slap in the face to residents who live in other parts of town.”

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: May 01, 2014, 10:01:17 AM »
don't pay close attention ITT, is this luked?

http://salinapost.com/2014/05/01/lawrence-seeks-donations-for-recreation-equipment/

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Lawrence officials are spending more than $22 million for the new Rock Chalk Park Sports complex in northwest Lawrence while also seeking donations at recreation centers in other parts of town to help maintain current equipment.

Tim Laurent, Lawrence recreation operations manager, says donation boxes at recreation centers aren’t a sign the city is struggling to fund the maintenance of existing facilities and equipment now that money is being devoted to Rock Chalk Park. He says residents who take Parks and Recreation classes pay a fee, while people who use the fitness rooms aren’t required to pay fees.

But Lawrence resident Anne Schulman told The Lawrence Journal-World that the donation boxes are “a slap in the face to residents who live in other parts of town.”

:ROFL: